Tek Syndicate thread

Out of the loop as far as all the Tek Syndicate drama is concerned. Give me the hot goss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XnSmWWqe6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no

>Logan misappropriated funds to buy fursuits for his butt buddy
>Wendell found out
>Wendell left and started his own channel called Level1Techs
>Logan rebrands as crit tv
>Crit tv is absolutely dead
>L1T is going strong
Now you know

What's all this about Pistol being a tranny? Is that true?

Why do you think they call her pistol?

How did they get the lighting affect? Everything was well illuminated but still looked like it was in the shadows

Who knows.

>Logan and Pistol used the money to drink and to buy furry fetish paraphernalia
>Wendell is autistic and felt cucked, asked for his investment back in less than a year

Now both have channels with 30k view average

>Now both have channels with 30k view average
>implying that wasnt the plan all along

Keep in mind that's with Logan having all the old teksyndicate subs.

I think i only ever watched a handful of TekSyndicate videos and watching them all sitting around vaping made them seem like cringey edgelords.

I'm super pumped about Level1Techs and am glad that Wendell is basically a normal person. He even found 2 co-hosts who I don't hate. In fact, Ryan is basically my spirit animal and I appreciate the added perspective Krista adds.

I don't follow every single youtube video they release because honestly i'm pretty fucking bored of bullshit consumer hardware reviews all around, but I download their news "podcast" every week and check the odd video out.

Who? Why you discuss youtube drama?

youtube.com/watch?v=4XnSmWWqe6M
the guy on the left?
there is no way him and wendl arnt related. they have the sane fucking nose and the same posisble nose deformity on the same side. their face shape is the spitting image of each other.
pause at 7:07

is krista the one on the left? what does she contribute other than distracting ear ring dangling motions?
does she have any real qualifications other than token diversity?

>Logan jewing for more money and puts total responsibility on Qain to finish the office
>People mad at decreased screentime of Wendell, unfinished office, lack of responsible fund usage from le Patreon
>Qain spergs out when fixing a vending machine and quits
>Autistic TS forum-goers start attacking Logan
>Logan hides behind Pistol who goes full Carthage on the forums and opens up her own Discord for TS echo chamber for beta orbiters
>claims Wendell is pocketing money from the company and paying his IT employees
>Wendell comes in saying he actually owns 30% of TS and Qain convinces him that Logan is being a retard with the money trying to invest in making his own game attached to the company name
>Wendell, Qain, their HR/publicity person leaves, Logan & Pistol converts their channel to a gaymen news focused channel, to this day his game is not finished, eventually they even take back Tek Syndicate brand name
>Wendell starts L1T with some friends in the tech industry working on computing content
>Qain's back doing IT business
Basically a bunch of autism after Logan couldn't take the criticism and walking over people with more expertise in the field. L1T is pretty nice and I like the lesser known perspectives they provide like the recycling center vids as well as giving normies a perspective on Linux, particularly on libvirt/zfs. L1T obviously has more potential but they strikes a good balance between mainstream and the real field.

obviously they have the same face shape (morbidly obese), but why would it matter if they are related. They're not risking giving birth to children with weird genetic mutations.

During the videos where all 3 are together, Wendell and Ryan do dominate most of the conversation. Krista doesn't seem to bring any super in-depth tech experience (she's not morbidly obese, and seems to be a graphics / web / UX designer by trade), but she keeps up with all the general consumer / gaymer stuff they typically review. It's also nice to have the perspective from someone with an eye for design once in a while.

I like that Wendell actually talked about real usable shit like virtual machines, whereas the only thing I saw come out of tek syndicate is "we reviewed another case" "le epic gaymer keyboard review" and "we put harddrives in the case we reviewed earlier :D !!!"

i was actually blown away by the kvm they helped design

fucking expensive but neat nonetheless

I dont watch their stuff regularly. When you say they helped design a "kvm" what do you mean?

Customised a pair of KVM switches that the company now manufactures.

You should watch the video on Looking Glass. It's a genuinely interesting software that Wendell has been contributing to.

>Ryan is my spirit animal
my thoughts exactly

And people actually watched that? WTF is wrong with people? Do they literally have nothing else to do?

someone from Sup Forums please help. i follow a guy called omer for mmo news and pistol has managed to infiltrate that twitch channel and is a regular. i dont want her to destroy another thing i follow.

Oh, I thought you were under the impression they made kernel virtual machine from the pci passthough videos.

I just found and skipped around though that video for the kvm switch. holy fuck. I mean its a sexy switch, but its not $600 sexy. Also Im surprised it doesn't have a remote of some sort. I am probably 10 feet from my computer in a reclining chair. If Im getting up Ill just switch this shit myself. Id honestly rather get a bag of transistors and an arduino and make the damn thing myself

level1techs is good and I listen to their weekly news thing on my commute

tek syndicate or "crit" or whatever logan calls it now is shit

idk, those just happened to be the only things I saw from them. I know next to nothing about them and wendell is the only one I know, and now "pistol" on account of her little pistol.

With this talk about "tech" youtubers has anyone here had experience buying merch from channels?
I woudn't usually consider buying merch but I've been looking for decent mouse mats fior a bit and I am really digging there design

The facts are out there