Reposting thread from yesterday because the guy is still in denial

Reposting thread from yesterday because the guy is still in denial.

Which one would you choose?

Both are encoded from the same FLAC source at 320kbps.
My encode is on the left, his is on the right.
Left is Joint Stereo, the right is not.

dropfile.to/1FW7k39 here are the files in question. It's a shit song, but try and look past that and give technical reasons as to why one is more superior than the other.

>mp3

neither, i'll just take the fucking flac

Neither, MP3 belongs in the trash.

Only answer is FLAC if you want lossless and Opus if you want lossy.

I could not spot any difference while listening.

Right graph obviously has more details but left one does not cap part of frequencies at 16 kHz so if I were to choose by seeing only graphs i'd prefer left one.

I would also like to see FLAC graph because it looks like the source is bad itself.

As would I.

But he converted it to MP3 first and I was immediately like 'wtf is this' and made my own 320kbps encode. He claims his is superior because there's more 'headroom' by converting it to 48000khz (the original FLAC is 44100khz..) and isn't Joint Stereo.

Here's the FLAC spek.

Well ok not a good one but left graph is clearly a better match for the source graph.

Which ever one matches the sample rate of the source. I don't trust a black box to not take a computational shortcut when it comes to interpolation or decimation.

What?
Upscaling anything is always a bad idea.
Actually, the right one looks like an upscaled 192kbps mp3

I've tried telling him that but he won't have none of it. He's blaming my hardware as to why I can't hear why his is better now, kek

You can tell without even opening the thumbnail that left is superior. It clearly has more data.

I can't hear past 12kHz so everything sounds good to me

The more interesting question is why do you care what someone who encodes audio files in mp3 thinks about audio quality?

I'm pretty sure he's claimed at some point that MP3 sounds better than FLAC too.

Fuck you're both retarded as fuck. Bit rate has to do with headroom and you can't add head room or expand noise floor when the info wasn't even there in the first place. You can't upscale audio and expect nothing but a bigger audio file.

Hey, I'm not retarded, I've tried telling him that his is shit, but he won't listen.

Really gotta ask yourself what makes you think this person is worth convincing. Like is he a superior and do you work in audio?

I'm asking myself that question too.
He's not a superior but he's in some Sup Forums chatroom that I use.

Again, he's blaming my equipment as to why I can't hear that his is better.
He's using Sennheiser HD650, I'm using AKG K702.

macauhai literally got BTFO once again for the second day in a row

Use VBR, you nigger, not CBR. And don't resample.

i am totally wtf op posted same shit in the same place again for the same people instead of posting at somewhere audiophile forum. literally nonsense replies and mudslinging with no context. i did many times caught shit reencoded flacs uploaded that sounds worse than mp3 with proof. again, no fucks given here again today because, reasons.

>MACAUHAI

FLAC is so much clearer, you can immediately see this... Eat shit, mp3 fags

They sound transparent to me, so I'm not gonna choose. If one of you autists can cut the file size down, that'd be the winner in my book.

The last thread where people were arguing about this, I pointed out that sound in the high frequency range that is audible to humans is irrelevant to music. I can't hear above about 16kHz, so cutting it at 15kHz is completely reasonable. I even think you could make the cut lower and not have much perceptible difference, if any.

>you can immediately see this
I too listen to music by looking at their spectograms.

Your friend is an idiot. Joint Stereo saves massive amounts bandwidth. There is no reason to resample to 48 KHz, it adds no perceptible difference, it just wastes bandwidth. Your friend is a dumb wannabe audiophile without understanding on how audio encoding works.