Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

Is it just a meme knockoff of a macbook pro running windows? Or is it actually worth considering?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3EWrlPLvc&t=13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thinkpad or bust

Looks like a Dell Precision knockoff.

Owned one for bit over a month. AMA

How did you get english windows?

This is a pretty basic question. Simply download windows installation tool from microsoft. KMS to activate it. Drivers are all online and packaged to download. It's a clean install of everything. Takes less than 20 minutes.

It's been a while since I've been on Sup Forums so I don't know how you guys hold up with Linus anymore but check this if you want to see a familiar face with this laptop.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rv3EWrlPLvc&t=13s

Which version is it exactly? How much did you paid?
Are you satisfied?

wtf is that button on the trackpad in the upper right hand corner.

i5 8250U Quad Core, 8gb, 256gb variant. cost $850.
I couldn't be more satisfied with this laptop, it has completely replaced my desktop; quite literally sold it. All I have to do is unplug one USB C and now my setup is completely mobile which is great for work and lifestyle. Everyday tasks are instant. Games are a breeze, including titles such as PUBG. I couldn't want more out of a laptop. The design is incredible, functions keys are amazing. Yes both stolen from Mac but that's the way it should be, take what is good from other brands and put it all together to make an even better product.

Fingerprint sensor. Highly accurate and convenient.

is it plastic or aluminum. desu plastic would probably be better, pic related is my 13" rMBP

Pubg which quality and fps?

that pic is 6 months old, it has only gotten more corroded. and fuck painted keys, why didnt apple use dye sublimation? this laptop was fucking $2k and pic related happened

also what is the screen resolution? and fuck apples lack of strain relief, this has been a problem over over a decade

Totally worth it. I just bought two myself.

>apple
Found your problem.

lmao mine has same issues, it's the 'a' key for me though.

That would have happened regardless of what manufacturing process they used. You must sweat like a pig for everything to degrade like that.
The only parts of my laptop (not a MacBook) that get damaged are from my fingernails digging into the same spot over and over again. It's 5 years old, backlit, painted keys.

Anyways, the reason they can only have a thin layer of paint on the keys is because the keyboard is backlit, so the plastic needs to be transparent.

>playing starcraft on a mac

I've never seen this before, Apple "quality"

On the test servers I'm getting 60 on most things Medium some low.
Screen resolution is 1920x1080 which is ideal for windows and the panel they've used is beautiful.
Aluminium but the bottom panel is plastic. Apart from the bottom it is really solid aluminium.

Also the charger is Type C to Type C so you can easily just replace the cable or purchase a higher quality one if need be. I found myself pretty satisfied with the cable included but I also purchased a 3m one for convenience.

>Anyways, the reason they can only have a thin layer of paint on the keys is because the keyboard is backlit, so the plastic needs to be transparent.
The plastic has a layer of white primer over it, and regardless, they could use dye sublimation instead of paint like IBM/Unicomp did for the model M

My 2013 rMBP keyboard/trackpad/case are still *perfect*. WTF are you doing???

Actually using it instead of jerking off to facebook all day.

actually using it a lot

It's shit, you'd realize that if you knew how to use a search engine.

I have the Air. It's a very powerful computer. Well made as well. Had it a few months now.
The drawbacks are that repair requires shipping back to China which is expensive.
You need to install english windows right off the bat. Maybe void the warranty idk
Also does not last as long as i would like on battery for a mobile computer.
All in all its incredibly thin for the power you get. I just got done playing GTA 5 on it no problem

I saw on Internet the battery were good.
What do you mean?

Why should I get this over a Vivobook S15?

Not that user but I've used a my 2014 rMBP for both work and at home. That probably adds up to 11-12 hours pr. day for 3 years and it's completely unaffected.

Did it explode?

Does Linux work well on this?

Impossible how can integrated graphics run PUBG at a smooth constant rate

It's not integrated; it's an MX150. The non-Pro variants have integrated graphics. I have the Air 12. It has integrated graphics. It has not exploded, but I was disappointed to find that the screen doesn't open 180 degrees, which is something I came to like a lot on my last laptop.

>i5 8250U Quad Core, 8gb, 256gb variant. cost $850.
wew lad, thats a very good price imo. How about the heat output on load? what do you think about the cooling solution?

maybe it's cause you clean yourself

Didn't manage to explode on me, not yet anyway.
Just like said it has an MX150. I actually own the Air 13.3 and it has a 940M. Which is still pretty good but the cooling sucks on the air.
The pro cooling system is a very good stepup from the air series. I have literally had the laptop on my lap, whilst playing PUBG for over a couple of hours. Never got to an uncomfortable temperature. It still manages to remain decently quiet whilst running underload.

>Chinese botnet hardware running US botnet OS.
Peachy

>The pro cooling system is a very good stepup from the air series. I have literally had the laptop on my lap, whilst playing PUBG for over a couple of hours. Never got to an uncomfortable temperature. It still manages to remain decently quiet whilst running underload.
sounds very promising, user. any chance you had afterburner running? would like to know what the temperature is while running

>16:9
throw it into the fucking trash

Can you upgrade the RAM?

A botnet is literally a network of infected computers controlled by a host computer used to DDOS websites. This is literally the only definition of botnet, botnet does NOT refer to anything tech related that you dislike. Please stop using the term botnet incorrectly.

>A botnet is literally a network of infected computers*
there, now you're correct

>*controlled by a host computer
You are delusional :^)

Unfortunately not. That is my only beef with this laptop. They do offer a 16gb i7 model but that is more expensive which pretty much defeats the cost effective high spec deal of this laptop.

When you open the screen, does the base lift up with the screen or does it stay down and you can open the lid without holding the base down?

It can be opened up one-handed from all that I have seen

Cool thanks.
Why is this something that's looked over? Reviewers will harp on about meaningless bullshit like 4k resolution on a 13" screen or the slightest keyboard flex, but actually useful stuff like one handed opening gets completely ignored.
Why is it that only apple, microsoft and nw xiaomi have managed to get that?

Cause based thinkpad designers don't care about disabled people, I could kill you with my T530 and shitpost on Sup Forums afterwards.

this is due to sweaty hands btw. it corrodes the aluminium.

One hand with ease.
It's these small things that actually make a difference these days.

lmfao... obvious macbook pro knock off

No shit Sherlock. That's what it's meant to be an alternative to.

I bought a 13", base mode, MacBook Pro for 890€ back in October 2011. Today it shows NONE of those problems. You fucking sweaty niggers should treat your expensive shit better.

6 months, 6 FUCKING MONTHS. I started seen that (and a far lower amount) 3 years after I got it. Keep your cheetos away from computers, neckbeard

>picrelated
Happend to me, electrical tape and car wire tubing to the resque