Let's discuss trackballs

Let's discuss trackballs.

I wanna buy the clearly superior mice but they're pretty pricey and don't seem special for how much you're paying. Anyone have experience with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/4o1o7m/discussion_whats_your_weirdest_usage_of_your/d48uf1m/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=SteamController
youtu.be/Y8JFRm1jBic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm also curious of elcom M-HT1URBK. It's giant which sounds comfy.

They ain't that special, but when you work behind a desk all your life and can't do everything with a keyboard, they'll save you from pain down the line.

I just wish i could use them for gaming, but i just suck with em.

Trackballs are the best but I like the ones with the ball in the center not the ones with the ball at the thumb. Basically you just move your fingers and hand not your whole arm and wrist like a mouse.

I can't figure out why everyone doesn't just use a trackball over a mouse.

I one time forced myself for 2 weeks during winter break to play csgo every day with a kensington trackball mouse. I personally could see the potential in them being better than a mouse because of how easy it is to turn around and stop. But there's no one that's putting high quality sensors in them. I want logitech to make at least one gaming trackball model with one of their nice sensors. It'd be niche but I think it could create a new valid option for mouse control in games.

I guess because mice are more familiar to people. Trackballs really are better for everything, and trackpoints on thinkpads compared to touchpads.

>I want logitech to make at least one gaming trackball model with one of their nice sensors.
What's the sensor on the MX Ergo worth?

its wireless so it wouldnt work for cs

i am feeling like getting this one...anyone here own it?

I love trackballs but the csts are overpriced. The rollers are good but the plastic still feels kinda cheap and reaching the scroll wheel is a pain in the ass.

You can use it wired iirc.

i have the wireless version

it's pretty decent

sometimes when there is an option between wired and wireless the wire actually needs to go through some switching and charging circuitry before it can operate the device. This may or may not be a problem.

this is ~20

Don't fall for the thumbball meme as it still forces you to stress one part of your hand.

The learning curve isn't that terrible, and the difference in strain is noticeable

I owned it for many years but all the soft plastics perished when I had it in storage, it was ok but if I'd get another trackball I'd get one with a smaller ball and more buttons that were ergonomically located

I have the small one, I'm upgrading to the huge soon. Once I started using trackballs I couldn't go back

>I'm also curious of elcom M-HT1URBK. It's giant which sounds comfy.
I want to try it

My elecom with a Logitech ball.

Been using this bitch right here for the past like almost 20 years, love these things

thats the one ive been thinking of after reading this thread.
i wonder if there is one just like it but higher end. will search now.

>fell for the thumbball meme

I bought a Kensington slimblade a few weeks ago. I prefer it to a mouse, once you get used to it.

Great for Doom.

I have it but trackpoint is superior.

How many competitive FPS players use trackpoint?

you mean ball perished? Just put billard ball inside

>competitive fps players
are you retarded?

How many competetive players use trackball?

My point is, if it were a superior input device, pro gamers would use it

There's also the trackball emulation thing. People are even using SC as a remote for their PC so they don't have to carry a laptop with them.

reddit.com/r/SteamController/comments/4o1o7m/discussion_whats_your_weirdest_usage_of_your/d48uf1m/?utm_content=permalink&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=SteamController

I got a cst1550, really wasn't impressed. can't quantify it much past "it sucks" though.

Same, been on these things for a very long time, they're great. Only thing that sucks is the lack of a scrollwheel.

I kick ass in Quake 3 on both trackpoint and trackball.

There was a midlaner in league that used a trackball

You have shots of the model in this vid
youtu.be/Y8JFRm1jBic

Sadly fingerballs are shitty for MOBAs.
Thumbballs are less accurate and slower, but it's much more comfortable to spam right clicks

I have this.
Works wonderfully on the desktop, but anytime I go in to a game, I always have to click twice to get any response.

I have blue logitech trackball. It was the best purchase I've ever made, even if it was a little expensive. It's lasted for years, it doesn't require much battery power, and most importantly to me I've never had wrist pain again.