Screen Protector Dilemma - Please read this wall of text!!

>Wall of text incoming

So I recently got myself a Nintendo Switch and I fucking love it. I want to make sure it stays in mint condition too. To keep costs low and durability up, Nintendo has opted to have a plastic display. This scratches easily in comparison to glass, so a screen protector is an obvious must-have. However, I have some concerns.

See, I would get a tempered glass screen protector, but in the past I’ve learned the hard way that a screen protector can actually crack the screen itself if the protector has a higher hardness then the actual glass. A 9H protector has cracked, leaving an identical crack on my iPhone 6s which has a 7H display. My concern is that if the protector cracks on my Switch, could it possibly damage or even tear/split the plastic screen similar to my iPhone scenario?

I thank you all in advance for any help I get. Your stories and personal experiences with the topic are more than welcome and much appreciated.

Ur a fag

Thanks for the bump lol

get a plastic, low-hardness screen protector, like that film stuff, and replace it as it scratches
also this is more appropriate to >>/sqt/

Noted, thanks

>iPhone
Found your problem.

I would guess that China will be pumping out cheap replacement screens for the Switch, so I wouldn't worry about it either way.

If you are familiar with danganrompa op

Be aware that your wot has a logical fallacy so big that you deserve to be shot in the face

I mean you’re not wrong, but I’d much rather avoid the situation all together.

Call me stupid, but I’ve seen it happen to people before. I just wanted someone to weigh in or share a story if it’s happened to them, not be mocked by a reference to a shitty franchise of visual novels.

Forgot to add my name whoops xd

Just get a scratch guard, they're thin and gets the job done.

just get a pack of plastic screen protectors
they'll scratch up, but they're cheap and easy to replace, and they'll never crack

as others have said, just go for cheap shit ones in bulk.

do you have arthritis or something? I can understand people dropping their phones, but not a bigger thing like the Switch, which also has a way better grip than phones, not to mention you'll be carrying it in a case. By any means buy a screen protector, doesn't matter what kind, but you should get it as a measure for scratches, not the thing breaking.

Imagine spending $300 on a goddamn game console and still having to buy aftermarket parts just so the screen won't get scratched by it's own charging dock.

and yet there's still nothing worth playing except crossdressing simulator and super mario retread #82892839

That’s like saying “Imagine spending $800 on a flagship phone only to be scratched when it’s in my pocket with my keys.” Accidents happen, mistakes made. The console doesn’t get scratched by the dock unless you carelessly throw it in there like a fucking retard, and even then it’s not over the actual display, it’s on the bezel. Regardless it’s a touchscreen display which means a screen protector would be a good call. Not to mention you say aftermarket parts like you’re replacing an entire display or battery. It’s a fucking $5-$10 screen protector you should be getting anyway.

Also there’s actually a lot of great games for the console. Granted some may not interest you, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any games. Mario Odyssey, BoTW (outplayed but still a good game that got GoTY), Splatoon 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are great must-plays for the system. Those are the ones I have a lot of time in anyway. There’s a bunch of other games and some neat multiplatform games that are getting promising ports. I mean personally I wouldn’t buy them because I probably own them on PC but still.

Either way, I asked for advice on screen protectors, not some elitist user’s criticism on a console they don’t even own.

The thing is a plastic protector doesn’t last as long and scratches easy. If it’s a deep scratch it will tear through the protector and damage the screen itself. But if it’s glass it can shatter and [maybe] damage the screen too in the process. That’s what I was asking :p

could it have hurt them to put a couple felt skids on the edges of the dock?

You sound like a twelve year old faggot who pretends they're too mature and above some piece of hardware but can't even try the system cause they're too poor