Hey Sup Forums, can anyone redpill me on the Windows 10 AME?

Hey Sup Forums, can anyone redpill me on the Windows 10 AME?
Is just a homemade W10 lstb or something like that?
Is really secure and fulfills what he promise?
It have some incompatibilitys?

Other urls found in this thread:

hothardware.com/news/microsoft-removes-key-windows-10-pro-group-policy-controls
avecto.com/news-and-events/news/94-of-critical-microsoft-vulnerabilities-mitigated-by-removing-admin-rights
actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

obsolete botnet trash

fuck off ame dev with your obsolete shit, stop thinking you are a shit because you know to install and disable services.

>redpill me
Here you go.

Oh, fuck
Ok.

Literally just do this yourself with MSMG Toolkit and NTLite.

>using a third party, non-partner, modified version of a closed source OS
Instant red flag.
>no security updates
Gee I wonder why.

script kiddies trying to make a windows "distro". god its so pathetic. I wouldn't install that in a vm its so stupid.

microsoft have released their own version of ntlite i forget what its called but its part of the micrsoft deployment adk

Unironic pajeet's botnet. that's not fully compatible with all software. and it also uses an obsolete windows version with all the critical vulnerabilities. they way he modified it is also retarded

It's best if you get yourself normal Windows 10 and debotnet it yourself.pai

thanks /gee/

>Sup Forums do the needful and install botnet plis show bajene bitch lasagna.

>had this EXACT same thread
>dev shilling his own botnet trash while pretending to be a curious user

Saged, and reported for spam. Get out

(1/2)

AME "dev" here.
I did NOT create this thread, but would like to address a few things.

First of all, the person (or group of people) who made that infograph, either has some sort of empathetic human disability, or is (and I am not being sarcastic) a paid Microsoft shill.

Let me get some facts straight:
- AME is a hobby project

- AME was created by fellow Sup Forums anons who are just as interested in privacy as everyone else on this board showing any initial interest in AME to begin with

- it was created as a project to share with the very community that taught us about these topics

Instead of attempting to help out (which we are openly accepting) most of the responses on this board have been mindless REEEing and immediate dismissal due to some compromise we present.

(2/2)

Now let me talk about the build:

>is there an ISO?
The next release will have an iso, we are just finalizing it

>much security updates!
We installed the culmulative security update for 1511 up until November 2017, this even includes a patch for the recent WiFi vulnerability in WPA2, again this will be in the next release

>muh http requests
After applying the update, there were quite a bit of new pieces of spyware we needed to get rid of (delete from the system, not disable, for the most part), after this we wiresharked that b*tch in a VM and added every last IP-range we could find to the hosts file. There are no more (even if previously harmless) random http requests we can find.

>much build 1511
We choose this build because it is stable, well known (things such as theming will be easy to undertake, as the system won't change every month) but also because the system is still very easy to lock down. After the anniversary update, they removed group policy editor and generally kept nuking the control panel, among other things.

1511 is 100% compatible with all games in my steam library and the entire Adobe suite.

>downloading pajeet ISOs with a miner installed, just do the precess yourself
1. we document the entire process, so you can compare it with the images we release

2. There is a benefit to simply downloading an ISO or VHD file and rolling with it, rather than manually rebuilding your OS every time. but for those who want to do that, go ahead, we document everything.

If you have any other questions, please reply to this post.

>"""""""I did NOT create this thread, but would like to address a few things guize.""""

Yeah you did create this thread you absolute LIAR. It's a cheap one-man project by (you) a shameless script kiddie tryinng to botnet other people's computers. Saged. Filtered.

I DON'T KNOW WHO'S SHILLING ANYMORE

Post a pic showing your yous then. Also fuck off no one asked any of those questions.

>OP copping out by pretending to be the third-party trying to confuse up the thread

We all know its you. Fuck off

You have to over the age of 18 to post here.
If you are of age, please learn to control yourself and learn more about the the natural world, before communicating any of your thoughts.

See

MODS

OP

Crazy infograph guy

Me (one of the people involve with AME)

Oh look. It's another "OP shills and samefags his shit botnet pajeet distro" episode

>post a pic
See image

>also fuck off no one asked any of those questions

Those are by far the largest topics I have been receiving in these threads

At this point you are either insane or a paid MS shill.

Sage'd

>same diction
>same poster
>scolding everyone like a reddit nanny

Fuck off OP/dev/botnet shitter

Literally read my posts, before simply freaking out.

And yes, I am 'scolding' retarded man-children (or perhaps actual children at this point) who just spaghetti their brain into words in these threads.

Dont bother. Its some retarded underaged kiddie's attempt at trying to make an epik windows distro without having a fucking clue what he's doing. Just install LTSB.

>literally explaining why he was samefagging
>Expecting people to a give shit about his autism on Sup Forums

D A M A G E C O N T R O L

wtf is this. Reported for shill spam thread

well I'm too lazy to install or so I'll just trust the inforgraph ;ˇ)

None of the people who have replied to the AME developer used any logical efficient counter-arguments and instead went with namecalling, shameful baseless assumptions and buzzwords.

Why are you like this, Sup Forums?

>Sup Forums
sorry, this is /r/g now

Hey AME dev, stop caring about shills in here, m$ owns this board, just keep us update with your project.

OP You should turn this project open source if it isn't already.
Also post in some windows modding reddit or whatever and make it into a serious thing.

Until you have a lot of guys working in it and checking your code it's pretty much impossible to be sure if you're a serious dude doing this to remove microsoft botnet.
Right now it just sounds like you're replacing it with your own botnet and want to fuck with a lot of Sup Forums retarded users who will jump on your badwagon so you can use them to mine buttcoins or whatever.

>the author of that image is one of those people who think RCE can happen magically through a proper firewall
discarded

>devssss
>implying its not a underage cringelord trying to shill his script kiddie botnet miner

Just look at his about page. It's literally ONE random 10 yr old atheist embarrassment of a retard with a hard-on for the "le science XD" meme.

JUST Puke me down Bob.

>the AME developer
>implying its not you OP
>Hey guize y don't you stop saying mean words about my shit distro

>>>/reddit/

Great straw-manning. Keep up with it and you will surely be a great contributor to improve the board.

"""""(((((developer)))))"""""

THIS
Just install LTSB like every non-retard. Even if you're a bernie supporting underage ironic weeb like the "dev", consider that you're installing an unupdated, heavily-tampered potential miner by who the fuck knows. Either LTSB or lelnux. Now fuck off.

Do not respond to these threads. It's always someone asking questions about AMEME, but in many cases it's the devs trying to shill it hard.

Get the fuck out of this board and don't come back. Spammer.

The arguments have already been made.
The """dev""" response was "this is a hobby project why don't you help us you are a terrible human being".
Nobody wants to help them because they have shown to be completely incompetent. Nobody wants to work with idiots.

FUCK OFF SHILL

>it's literally a lainchan script kiddie

Please retain yourself from using this forum. Thanks.
PS Your Windows abomination is pure shit and you're a retard for thinking you did good.

Instead of doubling the botnet, use some Linux distro or an older version of Windows. LTSB is more stable, too. 1511 stable? Someone's been smoking some hardcore stuff.

>The arguments have already been made.
What arguments? Attacking the opponent and imposing a bunch of terms that you probably don't know their meaning means arguments for you?

>The """dev""" response was "this is a hobby project why don't you help us you are a terrible human being".
Straw-man and distortion of your views is both a fallacy that you should drop it, and you're refusing to read the rest of posts he has made. You questioned it, he respond to it with his real arguments. Now it's your turn to counter-argument.

>What arguments?
>Straw-man
It's a very good summary of >he respond to it with his real arguments
They claim to have installed the cumulative update in the next version but they are still using 1511 and they are still very likely going to prevent further updates.
They claim to have added "every last IP-range to the hosts file". If they added actual _ip_ ranges to the _hosts_ file then that's quite hilarious.
"After the anniversary update, they removed group policy editor." That's a blatant lie. I don't even know how to respond to that. They probably accidentally deleted it because they are retarded.

>please retain yourself
Well I hope my cells will do that for me, otherwise I might turn into a puddle.

>They claim to have installed the cumulative update in the next version but they are still using 1511 and they are still very likely going to prevent further updates.

We are preventing further updates due to Windows Update being a universal backdoor into the operating system, and many updates causing the system to become increasingly unpredictable and unstable. I can very much see that being an issue for some people, however within our ideological approach, something shared by many people, there simply isn't any other choice.

>They claim to have added "every last IP-range to the hosts file". If they added actual _ip_ ranges to the _hosts_ file then that's quite hilarious.

Bad phrasing on my part, my bad.
What I intended to explain, is that, prior to our newest "build", as many pointed out here, there where still a very limited amount of http requests, if the OS was monitored using your tool of choice. We have gone through and made sure that the relevant addresses are patched in the hosts file, and the needless remaining micro-services are removed from the system, if possible.

>"After the anniversary update, they removed group policy editor." That's a blatant lie. I don't even know how to respond to that. They probably accidentally deleted it because they are retarded.

Again, it comes down to how I phrased it.
However a quick internet search will show that I didn't pull these ideas out of my a**.

Microsoft Removes Some Key Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Controls With Anniversary Update
hothardware.com/news/microsoft-removes-key-windows-10-pro-group-policy-controls

>Microsoft consumer experience — it is no longer possible to disable

>Windows Tips — this one is pretty self-explanatory; it displays tips on how to navigate and perform certain functions within Windows 10. This can no longer be disabled.

>Disable all Apps from Windows Store — this policy allows you to disable all access to the Windows Store. This no longer functions.

>We are preventing further updates due to Windows Update being a universal backdoor into the operating system
It's possible to disable windows update and use the offline installer instead but you removed that too.

>Bad phrasing on my part, my bad.
Because you have no idea what you're talking about.

>there where still a very limited amount of http requests
And you called them "basic backbone component of Windows" because you have no idea what you're talking about.

>We have gone through and made sure that the relevant addresses are patched in the hosts file
How about instead of adding shit to the hosts file you remove whatever is making those connections.

>micro-services
Your posts would sound a lot less stupid if you stopped misusing buzzwords.

>Again, it comes down to how I phrased it.
Because you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Microsoft Removes Some Key Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Controls With Anniversary Update
Use Enterprise or LTSB, you fucking idiot.

>using a stripped version of an already clusterfuck of a OS
This isn't different from all of these "windows lite" OS that remove system components and that after 3 months end breaking because some program needed something that doesn't exists anymore.

>We are preventing further updates due to Windows Update being a universal backdoor into the operating system, and many updates causing the system to become increasingly unpredictable and unstable.

1511 is already quite unstable and running a version of Windows without security updates (yeah, no matter your version of "common sense" or fucking malwarebytes) is nonsensical at best. The model Microsoft has chosen of not letting people select specific updates isn't exactly good, but your solution is to do away with all security altogether just to get rid of one backdoor. That seems convenient.

>Microsoft Removes Some Key Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Controls With Anniversary Update
Which is why you do the sensible thing and use Enterprise, Education, Enterprise LTSB or fuck, any other OS maybe. There's many options.

>However a quick internet search will show that I didn't pull these ideas out of my a**.
Except that there's quite a huge difference between "you can't disable a few options" and "you don't have the application that lets you do that in the first place".

>It's possible to disable windows update and use the offline installer instead but you removed that too.

It is not. I had a simple script, a collection of a bunch of the functionality from many of these privacy scripts out there for windows 10.
Recently (within the last 2 months) that approach stopped working. Windows Update restores itself via a component called "SIH" System Initiated Healing. This executable has many copies of itself in the system, which need to be removed be recursively searching the entire drive (preferably from Linux).

You broke it. It tried to repair itself. Try configuring it next time.

>System Initiated Healing
That's Server Initiated Healing. You can't even copy three words from your own screenshot.

>1511 is already quite unstable and running a version of Windows without security updates (yeah, no matter your version of "common sense" or fucking malwarebytes) is nonsensical at best. The model Microsoft has chosen of not letting people select specific updates isn't exactly good, but your solution is to do away with all security altogether just to get rid of one backdoor. That seems convenient.

As detailed we strongly recommend removing administrator rights from the default user.

94% of critical Microsoft vulnerabilities mitigated by removing admin rights
avecto.com/news-and-events/news/94-of-critical-microsoft-vulnerabilities-mitigated-by-removing-admin-rights

Also, 1511 not being stable, especially with the modifications we made to it, is quite subjective. I have found AME to be extremely stable and fast, as have many others productively reporting on its performance in these threads.

>Which is why you do the sensible thing and use Enterprise, Education, Enterprise LTSB or fuck, any other OS maybe. There's many options.

These editions have significant issues when running certain productivity software and modern games, ESPECIALLY (but not limited to) a condition where updates are disabled entirely.

>Except that there's quite a huge difference between "you can't disable a few options" and "you don't have the application that lets you do that in the first place".

It's a trend. MS is continually patching many of the relevant control mechanisms (especially with respect to privacy) from the system, or renaming services etc... Half of the projects out there providing scripts or executables to mitigate spyware in windows have already given up due to the constant changes.

>That's Server Initiated Healing. You can't even copy three words from your own screenshot.
Typo.

Either way, it downloads an entire Windows install to the root of the drive and patches itself. I wish I was joking.

I followed that exact guide.
It re-enables itself. I am not the only person reporting this. There are many other anons (some from lainchan as well) who independent have experiences the same effects.

Why don't you anons just use win 10 LTSB and disable all the shit you can yourselves and at worst put it inside a VM so you have control of what's going in and out?

Why trust a "nice user" over this? How can you all be sure he's not going to fuck you guys up if you have no clue what's he putting inside this pirated windows copy?
This is one of the first times we can safely say OP is a botnet in a non memetic way.

Because we document the entire procedure here: actrons.info/pdf/win10_ame_15-10-2017_doc.pdf

Simply compare it with our images.

>94% of critical Microsoft vulnerabilities mitigated by removing admin rights
The infographics already explains why that is completely irrelevant.
This only applies to some kind of an enterprise environment where you are mitigating damage inside your network because malware is running with limited user rights.

>I have found AME to be extremely stable and fast
I have found the settings app in AME to literally freeze when you click on update & security tile. That's after using it for five minutes. You probably broke countless other things by mindlessly deleting files.

>These editions have significant issues when running certain productivity software and modern games
No they don't. Where did you get the idea that a version of Windows intended for large enterprise deployments has "significant issues" with "productivity software"?

>gpedit
You either made that shit up or you read a random article and thought that gpedit was actually removed. After you found out that is false you tried to save your ass by pulling out a different barely relevant article.
You can't possibly claim that you accidentally phrased it wrong. You said it was the group policy editor itself that was removed.

>94% of critical Microsoft vulnerabilities mitigated by removing admin rights

Well yeah, when you can't install software, you are pretty safe yourself.

>I have found AME to be extremely stable and fast

Yeah, I have found my dick to be excessively big. I'm sure you can trust me on that.

>These editions have significant issues when running certain productivity software and modern games

Education and Enterprise have no issues with software that you won't get on Pro. In fact if it's often recommended to use Education is because it's not too hard to acquire for free, it's pretty much the same thing and you do get the option to use those nice options that Pro doesn't have. LTSB might have some software compatibility problems, but none that are fixed by your ancient version, that's for sure.

>It's a trend. MS is continually patching many of the relevant control mechanisms (especially with respect to privacy) from the system, or renaming services etc...

And including guides on how to use these. You seem to have more trouble than other people disabling certain services.

If you want to at least have some bit of credibility, update the link for said script and don't provide a fucking link to a 1511 image on your server, instead recommend the usual sites to get the official images from or just don't post the link altogether.

Don't use AME. Install either ltsb or ltsb n.

>Win10 of any sort
Why not, you know, stick with Win7?