What are you going to do when Microsoft starts forcing you pay a monthly subscription fee in order to even use your...

What are you going to do when Microsoft starts forcing you pay a monthly subscription fee in order to even use your computer at all?

>I have no idea what I'm talking about
Also check this 5

Only then will I have a reason to switch to
Linux

install gentoo

Nothing, I'll keep pirating it.

Laugh at all the Winshit apologist coming into it's rescue.

Switch to Linux or whatever the best alternative will be when that time comes.

>wet dreams of linuxfags

Filmmaker/VFX artist here.

It's sad as fuck that Adobe has monopoly and nothing comes close to After Effects. Otherwise I would've switched to Linux long time ago.

Fuck Adobe for not releasing Linux version of their programs.

why are you so desperate to see windows fail? are you really so bitter and autistic you can't just keep to yourself?

Keep seething winbutt stallion

Continue using Windows 7.

>what will you do when microsoft forces you to switch to linux
Switch to linux, obviously.

Not install 10 in the first place?
t. 8.1 user

Nothing I use a mac

They are being paid by M$ and Applel for not releasing on Linux, because this is one of the last big applications which make people stay on their platforms (plus DX on Windoze)

To be honest, I'll probably just pay because it's highly unlikely to make an impact on my wallet.
That being said, it would be a pretty shit decision for MS.

lmao this

Kill you.

Use VSDC Free Video Editor or Blackmagic Fusion.

>They are being paid by M$ and Applel for not releasing on Linux, because this is one of the last big applications which make people stay on their platforms (plus DX on Windoze)
There are not enough people using Linux for it to be worthwhile to make a Linux version.
Since OSX and Windows are essentially free, and are fully supported, why would anyone use Linux in a business?

Nothing, since I don't use that fuck awful excuse of an OS and never will

Dunno maybe delete my partition with windows 10 and install tiny 7

He is asking what would you do if windows became pay to use, not what kind of dick you like senpai

Tell me what you think the biggest free competitors are and why they are inferior.

well I guess I would continue to pirate it
or switch to linux and finally end my internet addiction, as I wouldn't be able to do anything but very basic tasks due to lack of functionality and software and difficult troubleshooting

Isnt that just ransomware

I don't use Windows, so I'd just carry on not using it as usual.

>computers as a service
Isn't that what most normie phone plans are nowdays?

Then suddenly you realise how dumb you are.

I have not used Windows in months, so idk.

Well, microsoft will literally fuck UP will lose users.

First of all big majority of windows users refuse to jump to windows 10 and decide to stay on windows 7. People know windows 10 sucks(Compatibality issues, shitty bugs making it sometimes unstable, telemetry).

If microsoft wont release a good alternative of windows 10 for people untill 2020 some of these windows 7 users will try to find alternative in linux because actually windows 7 users hate windows 10. So microsoft will lose some windows users.

Of course many of people will just decide to tolerate shit what windows 10 provides but when microsoft will start to take monthly fee for using windows 10, even more people will be pissed off (What? You demand from me money per month for using \the shitties windows ever made? No way i go to other OS)

So microsoft with monthly fee can make a fatal decision what can badly hurt their position in desktop OS domain where microsoft is really strong.

So i think microsoft wont do that unless they have very big self confidence.

Or Microsoft knows the OS market is drying up faster than the Queens vagina and looking to cash in before it loses it's main revenue stream. A money grab to pay for diversification = good plan.

VFX student here, nice to meet you.

I hear a lot of VFX studios use Linux, and Nuke is available on Linux so we should be good.

But if I had Adobe and Games I would switch to Linux right now.

Linux is just a kernel.