What do you really think about this show Sup Forums?

What do you really think about this show Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/SillySounds/english.wav
medium.com/@ryankazanciyan/mr-robot-disassembled-eps3-8-stage3-torrent-8b80e14fc6fb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck off sam.

we know you lurk here.

Great pilot, mediocre first season, bad second season, shit ending of the second season, didn't even bother with the third season.

I've never seen a show go downhill faster than Mr. Robot.

mr faggot

it's become greater and greater, don't listen Sup Forumstards sam.

>Great pilot, mediocre first season, bad second season, shit ending of the second season, didn't even bother with the third season.

Thread. Mr Robot in a nutshell. I didn't even know the third season had started, no intention of watching it either.

Cringy shit for tech illiterate normies

It's better than most TV out right now, but the entire second season was like a test to see how many viewers would jump ship. Third season seemed like an attempt to salvage what was a fucking horrible second season. Season 3 is still not without its faults however. For one, Angela's motivations in season 3 are so fucking batshit stupid and I wonder how the fuck could a smart girl like her get duped by Whiterose?

I'm still hoping the show will pick up. I mean, so many shows have truly awful points in their run.

They mispronounce "Linux" in it.

kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/SillySounds/english.wav

It's in the 5 best current tv shows
S2 was the ultimate pleb filter

halt and catch fire master race (skip s2)

Its better than most of the crap on tv

agreed. Also, nice double dubs

To you and all the people that like this show answer this one question.

At the end of season 2 Angela is interrogated by a little girl in a dimly lit room using an old '80s computer. Did they give an explanation in season 3 for why it had to be an obsolete computer?

>watching tv

Nice quad.
>It was a dream.

I did expect some bullshit like that, I'm glad I stopped watching.

upvote if you are here because you are sent by moz://a

shitty as it can be

I liked the first season. But never started the 2nd one, dunno why.

Heavy S3 spoilers incoming.
There's no explanation, the show loves to hide what characters think or plan to do, what happened to them, etc, and just slowly reveal it.
White rose seems to actually believe she can change reality/go back in time/move to a parallel universe. The members of Dark Army believe her and don't mind killing themselves for this reason.
White Rose seems to have convinced Angela as well. She never directly states what white rose told her or whatever else happened, but it looks like she thinks she can bring her mom and other people who died back to life.
The actress playing the little girl who interrogated Angela played young Angela in a S3 flashback.
I think the old computer went well with the going back in time theme (it was super heavily foreshadowed in S3, brainlets thought they were genius for catching le ebin sekrit twist, nothing of the sort happened tho).

Also it wasn't a dream, the other user is just memeing.

Don't listen to him, it wasn't a dream.

It was however part of White Rose's brainwashing. White Rose tricked Angela into helping it by telling Angela that it can bring things back from the dead. Also season 3 gave us Irving and that is more then enough reason to watch the show, great character.

First season was p good.
Second season was 50/50 tech plot
Third season was 90/10 plot tech
If they had just kept the scooby gang alive and together, doing hacky and SE things while explaining what they were doing and how they were doing it, I feel it would have kept a lot of their viewer base. But something something plot

So it's "lee-nix"? I've always said it as "le-nix".

So the whole setup had to be like that because Whiterose knew that Angela could only be brainwashed if an old computer was used? You realize that this is even worse bullshit?

Is correct

If you watch S3 they explain that it was just a big mindfuck. The entire show has been playing with the concept of objective reality vs perception. Season 3 is less obtuse than Season 2 and the director and editors are really creative.

Oh no, nothing to do with the old computer. If I had to give my theory on why there was an old computer it was probably to get Angela even more scared.

>just get kidnapped by people you think are going to kill you
>get put into a room with an aquarium that is slowly draining
>have some creepy little girl make you answer questions on an old PC

I'm sure it was all to freak her the fuck out.

I will say season 3 was the best season yet.

That cliffhanger. Bringing back that scumfuck at the very end. I hope he gets whats coming.

Pretty much this.

The amount of tech stuff was nice at the start and continously degenerated into blah, blah and even more blah.

I think ;r. Robot had a great concept, but for me the show felt like a thin layer of "OMG we are so Geek!! xD" plus some ingredients form fight club and inception and of course a lot of edgy speech. But in the end it's more or less the usual hollywood sitcom with a unrealistic characters making even more unrealistic decisions beacuse of unplausible reasons.

It's OK, but not great. It misses darkness, it misses characters that you could actually like and it misses a consisten good story development. It all just feels so random:

>hurr, I'm the good guy
>no wait I'm actually bad
>joke's on you again, I was just pretending!
>LMAO I was just pretending again!!
..and so on.

Haven't watched any this season. Is "Tyrelliot" still a thing?

It's gay

no backdoor in CPU

/thread i dropped it on s2 but came back when i was extremely bored then dropped it again on s3.
S1 was bad but fun s2 was just bad.

>But something something plot
Maybe they wanted the other 95% of the viewing market, rather than just the geeks.

It's shit after season 1
at least season 1 showed a good amount of him exploiting, using right techniques (dem phishing scenes) and whatnot
s2 and 3 however had far less.

they also went too deep into the whole "muh elites n capitalsm" crap which is a plot that's included in like 90% of today's shows so it felt cliché as fuck

you know what would've been dope? if the whole show was just a bunch of separate-storied episodes where in each episode elliot takes down deep web pedos, drug dealers and eventually big organized crime/top corrupt politicians while showing in depth exploiting techniques

1st season - full of cringy scenes, main hack totally unexplained but fans say it's muh realistic anyway
2nd season - half of it was just Elliots imagination. Except Tyrells family, the plot does not move at all. Whole season if a big filler.
3rd season - turned out dark army did not need Elliot at all and blowing up dozens of highly secured buildings with backups is easy peasy for them. Way too many references to time travel.

>What do you really think about this show Sup Forums?
dont watch it, too cringy

Tyrelliot only gets more intense.

underrated

But apparently a lot of people watched S1 (especailly the beginning) just beacuse it was announced as "real" geek stuff, not only "hurr, I'm a haxx0r, look at my funky clothes and (wannabe) l337speak".

Truth be told, I guess there are two resons why Mr. robot fucked up:
-Writing a technology sound plot is pretty hard, much harder than filling it up with "muh emotions, muh memory, muh childhood.." stuff.
-It was planned as a movie, so it was never supposed to have a technological stong storyline. It's OK to have a movie with 2 or 3 actual hacking scenes happening, but it's not enough for three complete seasons.

some poeple say it's "realisitc" because of some scenes where nmap or metaplsoit is shown for a second, which is kinda sad. I don't really expect a complete guide to do illegal things on TV, but all in all it's rather shallow. There are so many good ways to describe hacking, even if you don't do the deep dive you can make up funny stories in no time.

But then again I'm not sure about how much tech the producers allowed, if the money guy says "no, that is to technical, more shitty drama, baby!!" then the director has to follow.

Hopefully Mr. Robot will be followed by a show which is intesrting by the sheer technical point of view (even if it's only on a normie level) and not by all that storyline fuckery. I'd bet that would have more viewers.

I noticed an advertisement for it in my browser, that sure made me love my browser and this show.

It should have had only one season. They're apparently going to try and milk it for 2 more seasons for a total of 5.

The third season was annoying because they started putting homos kissing in every episode for absolutely no reason. They also had a whole episode where Elliot hangs out with a muslim kid.... in season 2 they had a whole episode where he is inside a sitcom which was nigh unwatchable.

The creator is also a libcuck and it comes out in the show often.
The core concept and storyline is pretty good, although it's somewhat of a fight club ripoff, it's also implemented quite well but it has a lot of flaws especially in later seasons. Still one of the absolute best tv shows that is still running.

It's pretty terrible. At least it's teaching normies the dangers of exposing yourself on the internet.

I only watched to fap to that duckface cheating cuckoldress but she died so whatever.

best tv show ever

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Mr Robot. The social commentary is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Marxist philosophy most of the critique will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Eliot’s nihilistic, alienated outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Feuerbach, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the cinematography, to realise that they’re not just great shots- they draw upon a rich history of FILM. As a consequence people who dislike Mr Robot truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the Philosophical humour in Eliot’s existential catchphrase “Please tell me you’re seeing this too,” which itself is a cryptic reference to David Fincher’s cinematic masterpiece “Fight Club” . I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sam Esmail’s genius storytelling unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Good to watch along with Silicon Valley for my nerdy show fix. But Mr. Robot is very unique because, I mean, it's literally made behind the mind of Muslim: Sam Esmail.

Mike Judge is cool, too~

Blatant, shameless liberal propaganda

that pony tail hackerman childhood friend was superior anyways

okay not really but better than a cat

Season 3 > 1 >>>> 2

S3 is by far the worst

Really? What did you like about season 2 more than 3?

not anime. it was doomed before even starting

>What do you really think about this show Sup Forums?
Showed interesting promise in first couple of episodes, then fell face first when they started retconning characters as actually being related to Elliot in the first place.

From a hacking point of view it's meh, I mean it's more accurate than NCIS' "two idiots one keyboard" or CSI's "we got red code up in here", but still pretty far fetched. But it works from within the narrative of the show.

Season 3 was okay-ish, with but then they fucked up everything in the finale again.

Agree

Could be one of two things:
>made to sow the seeds of reality in normies
>made to detract from claims that this shit is actually happening right now

Marxist propaganda.

S1 was good dumb fun and had a solid albeit relatively open ending.
Just watch that and pretend the other seasons don't even exist.

White Rose made Angela believe she can literally turn back time, the girl being a younger version of her and the retro computer just go with that theme.

Mr. Reddit

PICKLE RICKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

I suppose people who stopped watching the show, even with all flaws, would physically suffer after watching a David Lynch movie. And to everyone complaining about technical inaccuracies - did not honestly expect penentration testing and networking tutorials on live TV?

You're not even trying. Wouldn't be a surprise if this is the same person.

Did you*

I actually enjoyed it. The plot is cool, but the mood and the soundtrack are what makes me like it. For real tho I dont get why people sperg so much about muh unrealistic hacking scenes!! when they're clearly limited with what they're working and cannot show the hacks too in deep because of the absence of 0 days and to prevent normie to hack their friends

tl;dr its one of the best recent tech-ish show you can watch

>muh unrealistic hacking scenes
Some of the "hacking scenes" are actually extremely elaborate even though they only take up a few seconds of screen time
medium.com/@ryankazanciyan/mr-robot-disassembled-eps3-8-stage3-torrent-8b80e14fc6fb

The show is great, best TV nowadays, season 3 is amazing.

I don't sperg over it because computers at this point is pretty much a background plot setting, much like drug trafficking with Breaking Bad, the point was Walt's story.

Maybe I'm too old for mr robot, but I watched 2 episodes and cringed so hard that I just had to drop it. I wish they made a show about Max Vision

>gnome
>supposed to be better

Completely unrealistic and over the top storyline, plotholes everywhere. Still enjoyed it a lot due to aestethics, atmosphere, acting and realistic hacking scenes.

Still going, huh?

I like it in general.

The only ting I don't like is the color palette. It's just ugly and unattractive. I get that it's deliberate, but it just makes the show look bad.

It's fun

Best cinematography of anything on TV, and the techshit is realistic enough not to be distracting worth watching

>Great pilot
if the pilot was great, the rest of the show must be really shitty because the pilot was fucking gay as fuck.
hurrdurr im a vigilante because is shutdown a bad man
can I go puke now?

It's decent compared to the other shitty shows on the teevee

season 1: good
season 2: meh
season 3: vert good

It's a great show. Most people who don't like it, are trying to jump on some sort of bandwagon. They're same kind of jerkoffs that want to be the first ones "in" on a conspiracy. It's a fucking amazing show. The level of detail that it has is astoundingly deep. Also, as a avid watcher of movies, I enjoyed the subtle references to other films and shows; and Mr robot does have a cinematic feel that is, for the most part, peerless.

In short, I love it, I'm obsessed with the show. I keep finding new little details each viewing. You can even catch Sam Esmail in the beginning of the show, on the train with "Elliot."

>hating the ALF episode
But it was great.
>ALF panicking and leaving because it was getting too fucked up

What the fuck you fucking turboautist, if you can't handle an opinion that differs from your own then get the fuck out of Sup Forums. Fucking redditors

Lol, turboautist. I'm going to use that.

First season was bait so that in the second season they could start filming the shit that they like that wouldn't have picked up on its own.

Dropped it in the beginning of the second season and never looked back.

That both main stars Rami Malek and
Christian Slater are also producers is disturbing.
Looks too much like vanity publishing
where they're bailing out a sinking ship.

the Mc is SO FUCKING UGLY

Quit denying your latent homosexuality, you'll sleep better at night. Most likely with other men.

That does not change the fact that HE IS SO FUCKING UGLY!!!

My friend was spamming me with it so I gave it a chance. It's garbage and remind me why I stopped watching tv shows in the first place.

It's awful

Twin Peaks The Return made your show look like a joke, Email.

Never heard of it.

>main character is supposed to be a neet of all meets
>has effortless casual sex by like s1 episode2

D r o p p e d

Nah, Eliot was a wageslave.

I wonder why they 'promote' some linux distros.

main character is a disgusting alien dog

I hope you at least had enough decency to sage when you were doing that.

>Eliot is extremely security conscious and supposed to know his shit
>uses Linux Mint, an Ubuntu derivative that has been hacked multiple times

STOP HATING ON EMAIL. WHAT DID GMAIL EVER DO TO YOU. LEAVE YAHOOMAIL ALONE.

Ikr. Elliot should just use kali. It's not like he engages in social media anyway.

fuck, it would be so fun
>but all we get is this time travel bullshit

doesn't he use kali at home?