HP is a shit company

HP is a shit company.
Instances of me seeing HP being HP:
>Proprietary out the ass to the point that people can't operate on these computers due to excessive processing being used simply to monitor and track data
>Faulty hardware that barely functions longer than a year before it kicks the bucket
>Inexplicable random BSOD usually due to voltage errors
>Installed HP Touchpoint Analytics Client on just about every computer that has an HP logo on it and its sole purpose is to data mine and use 50% of CPU. No user seems to know this and I have been uninstalling this piece of shit on people's HPs almost daily.
>Proprietary components make it difficult if not impossible to replace some components on some of the computers
>Uses that shitty coppery-looking plastic that guarantees hinges breaking on laptops. Example:
insidemylaptop.com/images/HP-Pavilion-dv7-second-guide/hp-pavilion-dv7-complete-disassembly-30.jpg

>Installs 30gb SSD with Windows 10 and sells the computer for $250 and users stupidly buy this piece of shit as it's a 'working computer' yet as soon as they get a windows update it fails to install.
>All software is OEM. So if you were to have MS Office or Windows 10 and your HDD fails bye bye license keys
>Had one laptop that had a drive bay for an optical drive and I tried to open it only to find out it was just a hunk of plastic put in place to make it look like it had a DVD drive.
>Printer drivers incompatible with some bullshit Windows 10 update.
>Print head randomly stops working asking to replace print head which costs $150 due to HP monopoly print heads
>Printer drivers randomly stop working due to HP no longer supporting printer through Windows 10 updates.

Honestly... Can we name a worse company?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-notebook-chips-overheating,5815.html
tomshardware.com/news/gpu-g84-g86-defect-die,10856.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>Installs 30gb SSD with Windows 10 and sells the computer for $250 and users stupidly buy this piece of shit as it's a 'working computer' yet as soon as they get a windows update it fails to install.
Windows 10 works fine with a small HDD you retard, pic related

>>Uses that shitty coppery-looking plastic that guarantees hinges breaking on laptops.
That is vapor depostied copper you retard and it is for RFI shielding. The hingest are metal.

>>Had one laptop that had a drive bay for an optical drive and I tried to open it only to find out it was just a hunk of plastic put in place to make it look like it had a DVD drive.
So you're angry that you didnt look at the spec sheet before you bought a laptop, and that they included a blanking cover instead of leaving a hole would resembles your mothers gapping vagina?

It sounds like you're some tech illiterate retard projecting his failings on to others.

My HP inkjet printer still werks fine after 15 years of usage
HP business laptops that I've used have been pretty good, except for some pentium M models with shitty cooling
Most of those points apply to literally any computer manufacturer
git gud
git gud

>hingest
hinges

>Windows 10 works fine with a small HDD you retard, pic related
Bro you just loaded up a VM with no drivers + no updates. I saw a Windows update alone be over 20gb and then loaded up my SSD with its Windows.Old file which I quickly cleaned. So how in the fuck can you tell me a 30gb HDD is even close to adequate if you plan on using it like a regular computer?

>That is vapor depostied copper you retard and it is for RFI shielding. The hingest are metal.
So if you have ever taken apart an HP with this plastic you would know your dumbass metal hingings aren't worth a shit when the screws that are mounted are mounted on the shitty plastic that breaks easily.

>So you're angry that you didnt look at the spec sheet before you bought a laptop
I read the specs very closely when purchasing my computer. Problem is HP is taking advantage of regular people who don't know any better and it's not their fault for not knowing better, they just got other shit to do than sit there and sperg out on internet threads.

We need communism

>have one of the last printers that HP made without their modern bullshit firmware (officejet 6500A plus)
>cartridges are the sponge type, easy to refill, and don't have DRM
>has a hidden boot menu that lets you do a full factory reset and flash custom firmware
I'm going to be real sore when it finally gives out. Fuck modern HP printers.

>no drivers
VMs require drivers just like everything else you retard

>no updates
this is completely irrelevant.

>I saw a Windows update alone be over 20gb
they arent

>So if you have ever taken apart an HP
i have, my gf's elitebook 8650w, she has broken just about everything inside of it except for the case and hinges by being a girl

>I read the specs very closely when purchasing my computer.
yet you bought a computer with a 30GB SSD and no optical drive and are crying to us about it. sure…

>Problem is HP is taking advantage of regular people
normies get out

>Completely misses the point and plays devils advocate
Alright.

He's obviously HP shill. We have all sort of advertisers here.

I dont own anything by hp you retard other than a 10GbE NIC, my servers are SuperMicro and my laptop is a rMBP.

The point is that you're a retard who bought the cheapest laptop he could find and then complains it doesnt do what he wants. You have no right to complain about anything. I spent $2k on my laptop and have to deal with pic related.

>I don't lie, I swear!
NEETs gotta make a living too.

does pic related look like a hp box to you?

>enterprise N

there’s a reason it never bloats for you, fucking idiot. Home edition (the one most likely sold with the PC we’re talking about) has nonstop updates and tons of extra shit added to it.

Legit I'm just a computer technician that have seen time and time again people complaining about their HP. I would never buy an HP because I am aware of these shitty business practices.

Honestly if I had to pick a laptop that I wanted it would be a Lenovo Thinkpad type unit as I know it is built with a high-impact ceramic and with all the bells and whistles.

Maybe.

most of what you say is common in lenovo's consumer shit too.

the 30GB SSD thing is shitty, but OEM licensing is the norm for OEMs... dell, lenovo, etc. license windows in the same fashion. it's tied to the mobo, if the system dies in warranty then the license transfers to a new board. been this way for decades.

driver support ending on hardware eventually is also common. epson and canon bit my relatives too.

1) don't buy consumer shitware computers from HP.
2) Don't buy consumer shitware printers from HP.
3) if you need your office or windows licenses to be portable, buy retail licenses.

Edge and stuff takes up only a couple gb

lvl1 helpdesk plz go, there is a phone you need to answer

its a supermicro whitebox you retard

Don't buy consumer printers or laptops. HP's consumer products are trash but their enterprise products are alright. My proliant is still running strong, even if it sounds like a jet engine.

>friend buys HP aio device
>asks me to install & setup
>will not print unless device is registered with a valid email address
>device has its own internal device email address (serial#@hp.com)
>every second or third windows 10 update, printer stops working

OP's fury confirmed. HP used to make nice printers back in the 90s, but have steadily turned to shit, then botnet shit. I still have a working HP LJ 5, and a DeskJet500, and refill my own cartridges

Fuck You HP.

>nonstop updates
Updates are once a month, if you use your PC regulatory and actually shut it down, updates are rarely a bother, Windows update maybe eats a second or two on bootup every once in awhile

>OEM keys
You can extract those afaik, and they are tied to the motherboard, not to the hard drive, although it is true that most normies don't know that and would be fucked in case their HDD failed.

extracting an OEM key for office is possible

on windows vista (OEM activation 2.0) and 7 (oem activation 2.1) it was possible to extract mobo keys and certificates, which is how most popular activators worked on windows vista/7, every mobo with a given edition of windows had the same key/cert combo, millions of PCs

starting with windows 8 (OEM activation 3.0) the keys are unique, and windows checks certain serials like network adapter, motherboard, etc. and ties them to the key, which basically makes moving a license not worth it,. the oem can do it digitally with microsoft (swap the license) if they're doing a mobo/system replacement under warranty.

I had a dv9000t laptop, god what a piece of shit that thing turned into at the end. Hinges fucking up having to get that fixed then the video chip overheating due to probably flawed system design.

other laptop flaws aside, all NVIDIA G84/G86 chips were inherently defective
tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-notebook-chips-overheating,5815.html
tomshardware.com/news/gpu-g84-g86-defect-die,10856.html

laptops were hard hit because they're thermally more challenging and GPUs get under higher temps when under load.

most OEMs provided a "fix" that was a BIOS Update that would run the fan much more aggressively to try to stall the failures outside of warranty. even if it did die you'd get it replaced with an identical shit chip.

had a dell latitude shit itself for the same reason

Ah well still the hinges shit was some of the most god awful design flaw in a laptop I had ever seen.

Do you have more pics?

no

Wanna make some?