Are computer glasses worth it for someone that gets tons of eye strain after spending an hour or two on their pc?

Are computer glasses worth it for someone that gets tons of eye strain after spending an hour or two on their pc?

At the end of the day my eyes are blood shot and dry, I tried to combat this with flux but it just doesn't help my eye strain.

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Why-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-is-such-a-headache.270240.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QMXYfi2lRdA
asus.com/Microsite/display/eye_care_technology/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

use f.lux, redshift, nightlight or get those uvex glasses on amazon for $10 if you really want them.

>use flux
I just said that doesn't work in my OP

use flux
actually try messing with screen / display brightness

You're not helping.

checked

I don't know about eye strain or computer glasses but I use blue light blocking glasses (probably the same thing) so I can actually fall asleep after getting off my computer. They are worth it for me just because of that.

Have you tried not looking at the screen?

flux and computer glasses literally do the same thing

if one doesn’t work the other won’t either

Just buy a monitor with blue light blocking built in. The colors aren't different, and you get the same effect without looking like a tool who buys gaming branded junk.

I got a pair of some chink ones for free and while I still can't say if it's just placebo or not, I actually do feel like my eye strain is much less bad than without them.
You get used to them pretty quickly as well.
You could give it a try but I wouldn't spend more than maybe 15 to 20 bucks on them since they all do the exact same thing no matter how much they cost.

I have computer glasses but also bear in mind that I'm fucking blind with severe astigmatism

this prescription corrects to around 20/30 (what most people can see from 30 feet away I can see at 20 feet WITH my glasses)
>OD -7.50 -2.00 x15
>OS -9.50 -1.50 x 150

anyhow, the astigmatism (2nd number) combined with the high corrective power makes it a bitch for me to spend long periods of time up close. I have a pair of computer glasses that are good within 3 feet that are basically 2.25 less (+2.25 power to the above in each eye) along with an antireflective coating. it really does help me, and it's not tinted bullshit.

along with this, tinting can help. bias lighting or proper lighting in your room are helpful substitutes, but if not, my preference is for F.lux or similar on PC to adjust color rather than getting tinted lenses. that way you can get the benefit of the tint when you want it and color accuracy when you don't.

If you have normal vision or a very mild glasses prescription, you may be better off just getting a cheaper pair of reading glasses from a pharmacy or big box store instead, as that's basically what a computer pair is for most people.

Good post

dang

eye strain means you're not used to or the monitor settings are wrong

Very nice.

You're probably thinking about getting these because your wallet's itching. Do bitcoin or ripple instead, you at least get a chance of doubling your money

did not apply to me at all
flux did fuckall but computer glasses (non-perscription, even the one that aren't tinted yellow) improved my life dramatically (16+ hrs a day staring at a monitor).
i've heard explanations from eye doctors and people who know about monitor technology as to why this is, but i don't fully recall either.

They're worth it for anyone in my op. If you don't have eye strain, you will later, and flux can only do so much. There's fancy shit besides blue light removal going on with computer glasses, so highly recommend. Use flux + computer glasses for maximum eye comfort

Get a 1 minute rest every 1 hour spent looking at the screen. Relax your eye by looking at far object. Works for me.

How is eye strain even real? Just close your eyes, nigga.

you need like 5-10 for every hour

More like 5m every 25m. It also helps to stand up and walk around. It's good not just for your eyes but also your heart and psyche.

>Are sunglasses worth it for someone that goes temporarily blind a lot after spending an hour or two looking at the sun.

flux is a meme shilled by retards who swallow buzzwords.
Here's what you do, in order, for eyestrain.
1. Reduce brightness of your monitor, especially at night when the room is dark. (flux just filters, doesn't change the actual light source)
2. Zoom in websites and/or use windows built in scaling to make text larger
3a. Make sure your monitor is PWM-free (google)
3b. Place your monitor further away, get a larger monitor if needed
4. Start fucking with monitor settings like sharpness, contrast, color balance
5. as an alternative to specifically for monitor color balance you might use flux.

Retarded analogy, you can change your monitor setup, not the sun's setup

Try increasing you intake of fatty acids. Fish oil or flaxseed oil supplements might help. Give it at least 2 weeks.

I haven't taken vitamins in years, I feel like shit and tired all the time.

what if my monitor has literally no settings? I can only turn it off/on

Turn on a light and calibrate your monitor properly instead.

Yes, if you're a tech or desktop support they can be useful since you'll moving to many different PCs.
If you're just at home or using an assigned computer at work - get f.lux/redshift or use win10 built in nightlight function.

They do similar things, but flux only changes the color of the framebuffer at the GPU level.
It doesn't actually stop your monitor outputting a lot of blue and UV light.
The glasses do work better, but for the most people the software will work just as well.

>but flux only changes the color of the framebuffer at the GPU level.
>It doesn't actually stop your monitor outputting a lot of blue and UV light.
But it is reducing the amount of the blue spectrum that is being output.

>63912941
To the monitor yes, but it can't and doesn't change the backlight from emitting blue.
Even 'low blue' monitors can't.

At this point in time, the only displays able to regulate blue output like that are OLED (RGB oled, NOT W-OLED like LG is using on TVs)

>being a visionlet

get a new monitor for 50$
1-4 is still going to help way more than 5

Blue light does not cause "eye-strain" (a physical manifestation), it cause fatigue and it impede melatonin production. That is unless you have a super-aweful LED monitor that produce way too much blue light. Some early LED monitors were like that. You could never adjust colours properly because of the cheap led backlights.

The most common and harmful cause of eyestrain is PWM dimming. This is so bad, I think it should be illegal. There is a good writeup on Notebookcheck on the subject.:

notebookcheck.net/Why-Pulse-Width-Modulation-PWM-is-such-a-headache.270240.0.html

Ergonomics, room lighting can also help but not as much as getting a good monitor. There are brands advertising "flicker-free" monitors nowaday so get one of those.

Also, cool info video from BenQ: youtube.com/watch?v=QMXYfi2lRdA

Some more marketing and info from ASUS: asus.com/Microsite/display/eye_care_technology/

Forgot my image. There are now industry certifications for this shit.

Colors are definitely different.

I wish they'd just figure out backlight-free monitors and be done with it.

This is the point of OLED.

Yea, but good luck finding a good computer monitor using it.

So, I'd presume that makes you an eyelet then?

pretty much this. I have 20/15 vision b/c I'm a fucking autist about my eyes and exercising them, and still need correction to get rid of blur and strain.