RIP

So long S5, you’ve served me well.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I replaced it with the iPhone 8

I still run my s5, why did you dump it for an ifag phone?

It got really slow, and I couldn't do basic things like call people. So I dumped it.

Believe me, I loved android for everything it was worth, but...

1. iPhone is a social status
2. S5 became really slow

i fucking hate iphone but i was forced to buy one

You should've given it to someone who knows how to install a custom rom.

im still using an s5 and still works flawlessly

was running the most recent version of android, no hope of installing a new rom

i even didn't update my phone despite that annoying "PLS UPDATE TO NEWEST VERISON OF BOTNET" message

i got mine day of release, its been 3 years and this shit has had its life

Why not s8?

>it got slow
enjoy replacing your iphone in two years for this reason

android isn't all sunshine and daisies though, but it's been a hell of a lot better than my experience with iOS
would still have my S3 (on the S7 now) if it still got updates
the usb port was basically dead and I'd had it for long enough that I decided against going to get it fixed myself and got a new phone

i left out important information

i tried for a year to not update my phone, looking for a way to install a custom rom on my verizon shitlocked bootloader on an old version, but there was no way.

just ordered an S7 DUO, should I put Lineage on it?

most likely will, with no Gapps

This is the most low-key shill thread, I swear.

good

call me a shill

cuz imessage and normie chat

/g is nothing but trolls

still have my s5

stock mm, heavily debloated, with boeffla 2.5 kernel. 65k antutu performace, 55k daily.

Because he is a shillerino

[unsubscribe]

Microwave it.

No, i'm going to use it as a fap phone

not using the S5 Sport with a drop proof built-in case

piss on it

S5 was the last one with a removable battery.. I used my phone 24/7 so much I got thumb carpet tunnel. S5 works with vr plus bt keyboard and mouse. I used an s4 mini for hand comfort for my phone plan and use the s5 for home use on WiFi. I'm about to switch the s4 mini for the i5c

lol penis

>apple is a status symbol
>every welfare queen owns one
hmm

S8 active

No one cares about benchmarks

Nice bait thread. Not surprised people are taking it tho.

Still have my S5 from release year and installed Lineage on it, still runs great. I'll get a new phone once it actually stops working.

fair enough. back in my day, if we had conficting hardware issues, we would at least, compare our "scores" to what people claimed to get, without said problems.

get an s5, stock, and run antutu. you will see, that you will not get anywhere close to 55k daily. you will most likely see 35k, depending on what bloat you keep that runs the that backgroud.

its a system of measure

just like your fucking bananas and thinkpads

I replaced my S5 with an S8.
I loved that old bastard, but the S8 is fucking great.

cant unlock bootloader
no twrp
no root
stock bloat

why would you do something as such?

>> 1. iPhone is a social status
I don't understand this, it makes sense that the phone got slow on stock rom, but if your ego is so gentle that you worry about what other people think of you for having an android, you have serious issues.

I don't care about any of that.
As long as I can access apps on F-Droid.

one day my son, you will care about the thing you spend your money[energy] on.

especially when you buy that said thing, but that corporation still owns what you have bought to protect their interests.

TL;DR Buy mustang, attempt to install a non-stock engine, Ford sends you a cease-and-desist

more like aftermarket spoiler and governor

I care about the phone being much faster, having a much much better camera (seriously the s5 camera is garbage) and still allowing me to access the apps I used to use. I'm not paranoid about the botnet getting me in the night.

Just b/c I don't want to root it or change the OS doesn't mean I don't care about it.

i dont give a fuck what phone you have IF

you can control your wakelocks and have perfect doze

quit making everything worse. your choices affect me, and vice-versa

also, the phone being sexy
god damn do I love the s8 design.

fingerprint scanner on the back is a must for me now. also love the non-physical buttons and the face recognition.

I still have an s3 because I like being a walking security violation

seeing as youre being an ass hat:

everytime you drive, your car charges you extra fuel, because you prefer Konig rims over stock.

>I'm not paranoid about the botnet getting me in the night.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

i know you dont understand this lesson, lived by people who were older and wiser than you..

but at least try one day, to help your offspring

>slippery slope fallacy: the post

okay user, enjoy your shitty phone and your bootleg OS.
If you really think you can escape the "botnet", as this board defines it, good luck.

hey user, one last lesson. beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

just because they egyptians built an 80886 back then, and you were moving sand, fucking your mother

DOES NOT MEAN

that 7.5 billion people are going to hate the internet

fuck /g

yall cunts are so weak, /pol makes you look 12 yrs old and whats a fucking usb line

git your shit together

S5 is so slow. I was glad get my s8 o black friday

>beauty is in the eye of the beholder
lmao that's what you say about ugly people to make them feel better. pathetic.

true. not when you have to take the ugly choice, have everyone fuck with you all life, and promise to sell your soul to whomever just to be pretty

>iPhone is a social status
Lmao okay. If you consider 'poorer than the poor' to be a social status worth getting then go right ahead.

"social status"
do you think that the 7.5B people are real?

do you think this is real??

keep watching moveis

skucas

Why do you

Keep talking

This?

This site

Doesn't have

Markdown

You

Faggot

When will you butthurt pajeets get into your head:

iphone is just better than android. If you can afford it, no reason not to upgrade to iPhone.

iPhone X so far ahead of the competition it’s not even funny.

Someone please post the iPhone vs OnePlus webm

Another webm which compares animation speed?

Try testing some task which actually requires processing power.

>I-it's the animation speed guys!

Doubt it
But even if you're right, I don't give a fuck why it's faster, what matters is that with OnePlus I'd see the things I want faster.
If the iPhone is truly faster why won't apple speed up the animations a bit?

>Doubt it
Take some process which requires a lot of processing power, like exporting a 4K video. I guarantee you the iPhone will be twice as fast as the OnePlus.

Enjoy opening Instagram in 0.29 s instead of 0.3 though.

The iPhone X also has a better display and better camera, and a facial recognition system that isn’t fooled by a photograph.

Not oneplus but still.

What the fuck is up with this Reddit spacing

>muh 0.01 nanosecond faster app loading time
im not even smartphone user, but it's obvious to me that iPhone is better, because those tests with comparing apps launch speed are bullshit and does not matter at all, what does matter is how those apps perform and they do it better on iPhone

>exporting 4K video on a phone
For what purpose
We both know phones are used mostly as Facebook/Snapchat/Instagram machines, and for that purpose iPhone is worse

>iPhone X has a better display
Literally identical to Note 8 set on sRBG profile. But I agree Samsung needs to tone down on the saturation out of the box
>better camera
Arguable
>facial recognition system
Too bad it doesn't have a fingerprint scanner

Meanwhile an actual comprehensive speed test that isn’t just opening and closing Instagram and Facebook has the iPhone crushing the android competition.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6yuVJ5DFjv8

>We both know phones are used mostly as Facebook/Snapchat/Instagram machines, and for that purpose iPhone is worse

Actually we don’t because the test above only tests opening those apps and doesn’t actually measure performance while using them.

>Literally identical to Note 8 set on sRBG profile.

But we were talking about the OnePlus 5t?

That’s another thing I’ve noticed about andrones.

>The iPhone X has a better processing power
>no, look at this gif of the OnePlus 5T

>the iPhone X has a better screen
>no, the Note8 has a similar screen

>the iPhone X has a better camera
>no, the pixel 2 is better!

You cant just pick one android device and stick with it, because the iPhone X would demolish it over all. You always pick the one android phone that is the best at its category to compare to the iPhone X.

Samsung for display, OnePlus for speed, Pixel 2 for camera..

Also

>Too bad it doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner

Fingerprint scanner is the way of the past. FaceID is the way forward in a world of bezelless phone. Serious fingerprint on the back of a phone tends to be very uncomfortable. FaceID is superior and android just cant compete here.

This, fuck 'social status'
Moved from an iphone 5c to s8
Contacts app crashed on me, couldnt even call people
Now i can fucking run half life on my phone and that sweet 64 gigs storage lets me actually put all my music from my pc on here
Oh and i guess i can call people too

Okay then, see
for performance in comparison to a note 8

are you even trying?

>tfw my S4 is still working

Or I could look at an actual comprehensive speed test including several applications (actually using them not just opening them) and benchmarks?

i.e

There was 1.3 bn people in India, some of them have money

99% use android though.

That's not even the note 8 lmao

What did you do to get those numbers?

mine too, it's not flawless but once I got a custom rom flashed, it's working pretty well

You can't unlock the bootloader on any phone with a locked bootloader. And any phone sold in America tends to be locked. International phones are always unlocked. An international S8 is unlocked.

I inherited a Galaxy Note 4 from my big sis this year (I'm not paying for a smartphone, come on son) and it still does everything I want it to do with fairly good performance, so I don't really understand the obsession with phone specs. My only complaint is that it heats up immensely while using the camera for whatever reason, and the front facing camera has a ridiculously small focal length, making anyone using it look like a damn goblin.

>So long S5, you’ve served me well.
What happened? Did you try flashing stock firmware with Odin?

sadly this, when my phone inevitably bites the dust in 4-5 years I'll probably get an iPhone just to save face.

Take your meds.

Still have my s3 running...

>1. iPhone is a social status
>Thinking his overpriced meme phone is hot shit

You impress people with a nice house or your car, a fucking phone is for impressing poor people

>1. iPhone is a social status
iPhone 8 is not. It means you were too poor to buy the iPhone X. You'd be better off buying an S8 or ever S7 if you wanted to show off

>2. S5 became really slow
-hard reset it
-if that doesn't help check xda for roms

Had my s3 until like a month ago, never died on me, I just replaced it out of convenience
Quality shit

I moved on from my S3 over a year ago, but I still have it laying around. The fake metal sides are all scratched up but it still works fine. Breddy impressive considering how shit the build quality was on these.

Actually on 4.4.2 we could disable more bloatware than on the most up to date marshmallow rom, now things like samsung app store and that samsung push thing cannot be disabled anymore....

The only legitimate reason to replace an S5 that can run Lineage would be physical damage. It's the perfect phone.

Camera is totally shit on lineage compared to the camera from stock roms, 16 megapixels and 1080p@60fps or 4k@30fps video recording wasted by bad pajeet rom developement....

I was forced to buy an iphone 6 after my S3 failed from the stupid power button. It was delicate handiwork not to jar it and the screen would turn off. Iphone is ok, but would prefer android again. Miss tasker.

>Want a phone because "muh social status"
>get the one that'll make him looks like he's "too poor to buy the real deal"

iphone 8 now is poorfag status
>i was forced to buy one
now you are a cuck so go and buy that iphone

OP, you forget that the OS matters too. Android is +10 points.

Still on S2 but no one calls me anymore, best MP3 player i ever had.

heavy debloat

nothing in ram while gaming/benching

boefflas 2.5 kernel, lock the cpu at 2.5ghz lock the gpu at 547mhz

65k antutu

S5 convinced me that I should never buy a flagship phone again.

Please make sure the charging port cover is closed.

Listening to audio at a high volume can potentially damage your hearing.

Please use the default apps that all have their own ad delivery system. I'll just open that up for you so you can't adblock it in your browser.

Oops, 2 years is too long to go without replacing your device! No more android past 6.0 Marshmallow.

The only good thing was the replaceable battery and the sd card slot.

Good thing Samsung learned their lesson with Note not to make a smartphone with a non-removable battery ever again.

Someone tell me what Reddit spacing is. I keep seeing this meme now but I've never used le upvote site.

I've been on Sup Forums since 2009 on /tg/ and I've always separated my paragraphs by subject. My mother was an editor.

Use Snap Camera HDR and increase saturation to 4 (out of 5). I've compared photos taken on a TouchWiz based ROM to the ones taken on a LineageOS based ROM and you can't tell the difference. Recording in 4K is pointless either way.