UBlock is broken now and young Asian women are constantly reaching out to be at the bottom of this webpage...

uBlock is broken now and young Asian women are constantly reaching out to be at the bottom of this webpage. What is the best adblocker right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not blocking ads through DNS

It's Ukrainian malware/ransomware. It's already injected itself into your computer if you've seen it.

>tfw Sup Forums is literally a botnet

Wasn't it literally just fixed?

Install uMatrix, you goddamn illiterate. If you don't block scripts by default in 2017, you're a retard.
Yes, but filters update daily or so, so you have to force update.

I think you're not using uBlock Origin

Can't javascript even do this??

oh yeah let me just break literally every website ever

Ironically, the only people on Sup Forums who don't now have a trojan from a Bulgarian file server are people who installed Linux Mint.

Yes, and then fix in it in a few clicks. Well worth it to block malicious content like in the OP by default and only allow whitelisted elements. And if a website breaks without javascript, it's a shit website (most are).

well fuck am I gonna have to delete system32 now?

it's not working
I added all hosts that hiro is using to promote the ads here but they keep changing address and the pic host keep changing proxy to bypass my blocking

>linux mint protected us all along from russian hackers

So was fake news right all along and there were russian hackers in the election and Sup Forums was really a russian controlled psy OP that gook moot was in on?

ok lads srsly, stop shitposting...
...did i really get driveby infected simply by viewing the new adbanner? should abandon and fresh install??

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
this is the best youre gonna get

Probably yes

i don't see these new malware ads. what domains are they coming from

only 1 way to find out, currently backing up my shit and getting ready to boot off computer. will return with results

They were coming from shady as fuck domains with alphabetsoup names but those are all gone now.

ublock is still best.

click the ublock icon
open the dashboard (4th icon along)
open the "3rd party filters" tab
click the clock icon next to "ublock filters"
click "update now"

that should fix it

oh wow thanks i did this and now the piguiqproxy domain doesn't show anymore on the domains list. what i'm confused about is why don't i see mgid. this is fucking ekansovi all over again

the ublock fix interrupts the Sup Forums core (first-party) script before it can call the (third party) scripts hosted on piguiq or mgid or whatever, since they are never even loaded, they will never show on the domain list.

different user here, i just updated my ublock filters. you saved my ass. i started seeing those ads this morning. i am surprised and thankful that the ublock devs are so attentive

i think gorhill (the main dev) is a Sup Forums user, although i've never seen him say it outright

4chanx broke for me

You should backup all your files now once the payload goes off everyone's computer will be effectively bricked.

so what's the deal with the ads, the anons here fear mongering seem to be wrong since i have malwarebytes anti ransomware and hitman pro both running and i get zero hits

if there's already a payload on our computers you wouldn't want to connect any external storage device you fucking monkey, lest you want that infected too

set up your resolver to be authoritative for the domains

/probably/ not, the adverts were /probably/ just adverts. there was some old javascript exploit that user found in a past website analysis, but there's no evidence thats what was being served here. the domains belong to an ad network, they don't want to serve malware because then people wont use them.
if you applied any fixes from the earlier pastebin threads, you might need to remove them (i.e. the unsafe-eval tweak in 4chanx, the greasemonkey scripts, extra ublock filters in the "my filters" section)

user here, booted up pc fine with no issues at all, it just looks to be hiroshimoot being a chink shill

>there was some old javascript exploit that user found in a past website analysis
i recall this happening on the pirate bay

Goddamnit i just fucked up again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOOKMOOT YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE

ABP doesn't have this problem

I checked and apparently 4chanx breaks if it's on violentmonkey but with tampermonkey it works. No idea what's wrong with it.

They get past adblock in a shady manner and break the site if you just try blocking them from loading, but unblocked, they could also be used as a malware vector if the third party changes what answers the Sup Forums side script request.

Well, I'm running F-secure scan, SBS&D, and Malware bites right now anyways.

Everyone, just purge ublock and re-update, Gorhill fixed you autists.

yeah but did we get hit by a drive by attack in the meantime? that's the main worry

Joke's on you losers, I wasn't on Sup Forums at all today before I updated Sup Forums X and my uBlock Origin lists.

lads, i connected my 2 external hard drives to backup files.

how much should i be worried? i plan to wipe Windows first thing in the morning on laptop, start fresh. but what if those drives are now infected? i basically have to say goodbye to everything on there, because there's no way to retrieve those files without reinfecting a computer, right???

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMNIT

dude you just fucked up and infected those two hard drives, they have the sleeper on them now and will wait to execute the payload. literally anything you connect those drives to are doomed

Javascript is a turing complete programming language. It can do anything any other programming language can. Webdev was a mistake.

are you guys memeing? do I have to care on linux? brainlet here if you couldnā€˜t tell

you're both fucking idiots. This isn't a miner or malware. It's just anti adblock that actually works.
You don't need to reinstall windows or anything like that.

p-promise?
i'm scare

I don't know whether the 'drive by' posts are just shitposting or not

Fuck guys when did this jewry come into place?
I connected my datahoard to my laptop yesterday, am I fucked?
Or did it start today?
Please anons.

what board are you from? I know it isn't Sup Forums.
This is not a miner. It does not stress your cpu, gpu, or memory at all. It is in no way using your computer to "mine" anything.

It's either anti-adblock, or some analytics domains that are paying hiro. Neither of those will leave lasting impacts though. Feel free to delete your Sup Forums cookies from the past week, but other than that there really isn't anything to do.

Also make sure you are running ublock origin in medium mode, if not in combination with umatrix.

same
>chrome

uMatrix VS noscript?

Ublock origin is working fine here. I'm also running umatrix like any non retard should though.

umatrix gives you much more control

i want to die.

I'm from /asp/ (kek)
Iwas browsing in a private window always do for Sup Forums, so they probably didn't get personal info

But I'm scared about drive by malware. like cryptolocker. or a keylogger or something.

||Sup Forums.org^$csp=connect-src https: http:

Why is the default filter this? it does not tell me the actual domains being blocked then...

>Iwas browsing in a private window
this literally does nothing. Private window just means it doesn't save your history or any login usernames/passwords.

So 4chanX is not needed anymore to keep the site working?

BASED

100% fix solution no other bs required

Thanks works 4 now

its still not fucking working for me, ive purged and updated like 10 times and still when i block the domain it kills the css
what the fuck is there a specific list im supposed to be subscribed to or what?

Combination of adblock plus, noscript, and ghostery (with its built-in analytics turned off) seems to be working.

It didn't work.

I don't see any ads, what ads? Oh fug

When I have ublock on my captcha doesn't work

On the subject of uBlock,
Sup Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
keeps redirecting to
Sup Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Sci/_Wiki
when uBlock is active on Chrome (but works fine on Firefox). Does anyone know how to fix it?

chrome probably doesn't like the // part and tries to remove one of them thinking you typed the address wrong

works fine with ublock off.

ublock on makes everything look like this, what should I do

seems to be one of the filter's I added during one of the "hiro's using your computer to mine bitcoins" thing
@@||Sup Forums.org^$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@||4cdn.org^$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@*/_/api/chan/*$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@||googleapis.com^$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@||twitter.com^$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@||github.io^$domain=Sup Forums.org
@@||Sup Forums.org^$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'
*$inline-script,domain=Sup Forums.org
*$third-party,script,domain=Sup Forums.org
*$third-party,xmlhttprequest,domain=Sup Forums.org
*$third-party,websocket,domain=Sup Forums.org

turns out it was this one specifically
*$inline-script,domain=Sup Forums.org

how do i delete it?
pls respond

Huh, smcheck.org doesn't show up in Opera's ScriptWeeder and the site's still working fine but not loading it in Fx breaks the page

Yeah, ubo on 57 plus can't explicitly block a specific inline script before loading, so the only way is to now block all of them, which breaks css, or use a user script.

Why mint especially and not others GNU/Linux distros? Is mint more secure?

ublock is a blacklist system. Of course it won't catch new shit, especially if you specifically whitelist Sup Forums.
Try ublock matrix, which is a whitelist system.

No, the irony is that Mint's servers were compromised a while ago and delivering malware but now Mint users are free from the malware we're discussing

Works on my machine.

They're all about the same, security wise.

You spend most of your time fixing websites because you've broken them rather than browsing them. It's the wrong approach to take honestly. If you're concerned about browser exploits, use an ti-exploit like mbae or emet

4chanX works

heads up

disabling the native extension + stock ublock + Sup Forums x works

>You spend most of your time fixing websites because you've broken them rather than browsing them
No, you don't. You save your settings for the scope and it's done. It's not even about exploits, but blocking tracking scripts like google analytics by default globally. Or like what happened today on Sup Forums.

Only if you're some plebian who only visits the same 3 or so websites a day

Why?

How often a day do you visit unique sites for the first time? For what purpose? If it's just to read text, then you rarely ever have to enable anything in uMatrix. You only have to enable scripts for extended functionality like accounts, posting, etc, and even then it's usually a related third-party domain which takes a couple clicks to enable.

jesus christ its like you live in a protected internet bubble. I can't imagine how much of a pita it would be to do this to literally every website i visit.

Are you just browsing Sup Forums and the donald or something?

I use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I'm safer than Mint BOIS

Convenience is the enemy of security, if you think something that easy is a PITA you should see the other things most of us on this board do to make sure we stay secure.

Let me join the chorus and say:
UPDATE YOUR GOD DAMN FILTERS YOU MONG!
Remember to purge before updating.

>A network error prevented the resource from being updated.

Reinstall it.

Not that much of a PITA, most people regularly browse

If you are using uMatrix: Allow XHR.

So what do i do just remove that line and add the rest to my filters... pls respond

Filthy crossboarder here.
Only have ABP with 4chanX.
Deactivated ABP and can browse Sup Forums just fine without any ads.
Dunno if I loaded the ukrainian malware though.

CLOVER MASTER RACE

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED NERDS