Is there a more portable alternative to the ipod classic? i have a nano 3g but I have too much music for 8gb space

is there a more portable alternative to the ipod classic? i have a nano 3g but I have too much music for 8gb space

128GB iPhone SE.

Pray for good deal on old Sandisk.

I don't really know if I can live without the wheel now

How much music just but the classic

me too, i was about to order the classic, but the it seems so massive...Inwanted it for commuting

50gb in ACC i guess...I would buy it, but I was wondering if there is something more portable out there

clip zip + rockbox + 64-256GB sdcard.

Why aren't you guys just buying a used V10, popping in a SD card and calling it a day?

V10 has removable battery too.

is the Sansa fuze v1 still any good? I have one that works, but somehow the rubber is sticky. idk wtf happen to it since i haven't touched it in about 7 years. any way to clean rubber?

Just get a smartphone ffs. If it's android preferably one with version 5 or later.
I got mine for $40 (only because it's contract based)

Get a good DAP with built in DAC. Pioneer makes a badass one.

anyone know of any of these with variable playback speeds and position saving for audiobooks/podcasts?

>just get a tracking device ffs
no thanks mate

>OP asks for something smaller than an ipod
just get a big smartphone! jeez!

but can this do audiobooks with chapters?

rockbox has variable playback speed that is easy to adjust quickly. saves your audio position when powered on/off, but not if you switch to a different audio file (at least that i know of).

if you mean tracks in a cue sheet, yes. i've never encountered an audiobook with chapter markings in one file, if you can link an example i could try it out.

uh i cant link to legal sites.... but i have a copy of infinite jest like that.

the sansa clip does not have a Bluetooth receiver and I need wireless for my construction job. tell me why an old iphone or ipod touch isnt the best option?

Considering I already have my phone with me whereever I go, i dont need an extra music player

Modded iPod mini if you want >muh aplel
Otherwise

how do I make a playlist?
>You need to put/have music (from examples: CDs or downloads) into your computer in the music files. Open "My Computer" on your computer. Click on "Music". The various music artists in your music files should open. Once the SanDisk is plugged into USB you can open it up, open "music" and copy & paste the music into the SanDisk mp3 player directly from the opened music files in your computer.
Also if you want to make playlists, you can open "playlist" on the SanDisk, and again have your music files open on your computer. Then copy and paste the songs you want from your computer music files in the order you want to make a playlist. I changed the number (the actual numbers on the tune in your computer which could be whatever # it was on the CD) once it was in the playlist to be in the same number order I wanted it to be in the playlist.
I think these little SanDisk players are great for the price.

wew lads...

the copy i found doesn't have any tags for chapters. can't test it if i don't have an example.

Just use your phone and stream from your computer or server. Keep local storage around for new stuff/essentials. I've been doing this for years with no issue. Join the 21st century

Sony Video Walkman

I recently outgrew my 64GB 4th gen ipod touch. I thought about investing in a 128GB ipod touch or ipod classic but ultimately decided against it and just started using my 64GB Moto G5+ with an additional 200GB microSD card. I have more than enough storage space now though I've never found any of the Android music apps to be particularly good. As of right now I'm kind of alternating off between Blackplayer EX and MX player (which is more of a multimedia player more intended for video but does audio too) they're both decent but have little issues that I don't care for. Blackplayer's presentation is nice and it's very customizable but it's a little clunky to search through for songs while driving. I need a simple interface that minimizes the amount of navigation I need to do to select songs or albums or what have you. MX player is a little nicer for searching through for songs and also allows you to skip ahead or back in a song by a predetermined time interval (set in the settings) by long pressing the volume rocker which is REALLY nice while driving and it's one of the only apps I've seen that does it. This is pretty much the main reason I use MX player for audio at all. I can also get higher volume out of MX player when using the HW+ decoder. Other audio apps don't support this. MX player's major downside is that it isn't really an audio player, it displays no metadata and its controls are very simplistic with few additional options. It's a video player that can play audio. Not a dedicated audio player.

I've also tried stock Google play music which sucks ass and foobar2k which while acceptable it's really just an inferior version of the above two apps.

yeah, that works, if you don't mind constantly draining your battery listening to shit......

Replace its tiny HDD with a larger SSD, CF card or SD with an appropriate adapter.

I have to charge my phone at some point anyway, so its eother just charging my phone, or charging two devices

>50gb in ACC
It's a start I guess

>Dimmu Borgir

So get a Mini

>with built in DAC
You mean like literally every DAP?