Wincucks go home

kotaku.com/5878449/why-the-apple-trackpad-might-be-the-best-video-game-controller-ever-made

>try to disprove this
>pro tip:you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nb4 300 replies

Mouse users btfo. Several studies have shown that response times and accuracy are much better on trackpads. Most people who disagree have only used the "trackpads" on their lenovo shitpads. Try a real computer for once and then you'll see.

dude, the onily good way to play vidya is with a 3d mouse. jesus

(you)

thre dimentional faggot

4th dementional nigger

im happy i can afford the best

>dimentional
>dementional

the absolute state of the city of jee

you goys, not in the fifth dimension.

>2017
>not using a ThinkPad's little red joystick for gaming
fucking plebs

>Tim Rogers is someone you can follow on twitter. He is the founder and director of Action Button Entertainment, makers of ZiGGURAT for iOS. He is currently directing development of ViDEOBALL, a next-level electronic sport that might be deeper than football and soccer combined.

your just pissed because you dont live in six dimensions

>little red joystick

Don't you mean the keyboard clit?

Drumpfs game right here

>Try a real computer for once and then you'll see.
Isn't like every laptop nowadays running the precision touchpad driver?

>mac users

>Drivers

Drivers aren't going to do you any good if the hardware itself is shit. That's like saying every camera is the same because they all use noise reduction. Apple is serious about touchpads, all the rest are years behind.

yeah
the key-vageygey

Once again I'll point out you can subsist far longer on McDonalds alone than fruit alone

Wrong.

but touchpads are shitter than controllers
>touchfag

>he doesn't care about control over his actions in-game

That thing loses all of it's tactile click when the laptop is a little bend while sitting on your lap

Is this what wincucks actually believe?

You must be buying a fake Apple product, because all the Apple products that I've used have been a dream to use.

Isn't that what you want? Why do you think Cherry MX Reds are so popular? The linear pressure is ideal for gaming.

>being this ignorant

Apple MacBooks have the best keyboard on the market. Why do you think that so many famous writers use them for writing.

Well my dad definately didn't buy a fake 2015 macbook from the apple store

Programmers type way more than most writers

but apple MacBooks use a friction leaf spring to give it its click. That's old and useless technology.

>Leaf spring faggot

Maybe if you're using a poo language like Java. Real languages are concise.

I am talking about the fucking trackpad not the keyboard you fucking idiot

Ummm I don't think so. My uncle is a writer and he writes dozens of pages a day. He syas thta the MacBook keyboard is the best.

Your uncle probably writes about furry incest.

>MacBook libs

I use c++ and my point is just that writers aren't the only people that write a lot of stuff anymore. And it is not like they need a good keyboard, 50 shades of gray was typed on a fucking blackberry

I'm trying to have a legitimate consecration here a nd you're juist being rude.

On this site? suck a hairy dick

Whatever, PC noob. Enjoy having your shitty PC.At least I know where the future of technology is going.

The future of technology is the fucking dumpster desu.

I coded a game for that

>implying c++ is a language
>implying you know how to use it

learn an applicalbe language cuck

I code in visual basic

>Try a real computer for once and then you'll see.
The only real computers are desktop, why would a desktop has a trackpad?
This makes no sense.

In java i'm guessing. You come to this street often?

>Drivers aren't going to do you any good if the hardware itself is shit.
I guess the hardware just doesn't make that much of a difference to me. It's like when people tell me they can hear FLAC quality difference.

visual basic is basically autistic

>Kotaku
shit bait, 2/10 made me reply

ooh shit, go poo in a loo you cow fucking migger

>1mm travel macshit keyboard
>good
Pick one.

Audio quality is all the same, doesn't make that much of a difference with an adapter.

always

> Pajeet

>video games
>anything other than a gamepad
I mean, I know you're fags but come on.

and I guess your dad definately isn't a 45 year-old hipster-faggot sipping a mimosa, and complaining about his shitty scripting job.

He definately isn't, He writes software for mri scanners and does most of his work on linux, he finds anyunix system okay and has a big hatred of windows.

Have you seen the videos of people trying to play pubg on controllers?

if there were other games than platformers surely they would be on my console

That's what happened to Steve Jobs. Eat nothing but fruits and overworked his pancreas. He also had a serve iron and b12 deficiency because of lack of meat in his diet.

>shitaku

And my dad works at nintendo

No because I don't watch other people play games nor am I interested in holiday season shit like PUBG which will be dead in few months.

>hurrr shit game
Great way to dodge the point of the question.
youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M

>kotaku

Yeah, sorry. Forgot to say mouse is better for fps. Personally I don't play them though.

>this is the kind of "journalist" OP is defending

First of all, I really hope is OP is just baiting for fun. You really need to go see a doctor if you are this retarded.
Now, assuming OP is just retarded, this is a technology board, not a video game board. You can go hang out with the kiddies on Sup Forums if you want to. Also, iToddler toys can't fucking game. Why do pro gamers use PCs then? And what makes you think touchpads are better than mice? It's so much easier to use a mice; all the buttons can be used with a single click and some can be programmed. Touchpad faggots rely on gestures. Lastly, mac keyboards are just absolute shit. They wear out fast and have no feel to them

>real computer
>macs
Just fuck off iToddlers. Servers and real technology users use linux. 3d, media creating, and gaming is done on windows. Only faggots use macs

It's too bad that itoddlers can't get mice for a better experience like the rest of Sup Forums because of their limited ports. Stay jealous faggots

>real languages are concise
iToddlers probably only know how to code with Scratch.

>I am a fairly critical person (single at thirty-two, I have not had a girlfriend in literally 10 years, I eat the exact same meal six times a day, I often will listen to the same song on repeat for an entire day)
What was this for, exactly?

>when an itoddler can't argue so he starts crying

Hey, I can give you that the trackpad is a good trackpad, but it doesn't even have an analog stick.

>kotaku
Also

Ah, a blast from the past

Gotta be honest though, that trackpad + bettertouchtool is the tits. You can fucking bind a 5 finger swipe down gesture to sudo rm -rf /*

I just love how his conclusion is that he is a 'critical person', when every sane human would conclude that he's just a fucked-up loser. The kind of delusion bubble he lives in must be amazing.

Please stop sending kotaku clicks

>Trackpad is shitty on macbook air
Congratulations, now try Macbook Pro, it's not for pleb

They're all for plebs

Oh no is retarder.

>retarder
Learn English you fucking poo-nigger

This is the most poorly written, meandering, drivel I've ever read.

I love those pictures. It's like buyers remorse times ten.
The trackpads/touchpads of MacBooks are great though, even when rest of the computer sucks.

Anyone saying otherwise had not used one or is just trolling.

The actual sensation of clicking on either a Thinkpad or a Macbook feels wrong in the context of gaming. Problems with accuracy and response times in mice are non-existent.

>woosh

Better than other trackpads != great. Trackpads are worse than mice in every way.

>play games on the trackpad
>break it due to aggressive usage
oy vey goy, apple care doesnt cover this

Why would something ten times worse than a phone's touchscreen be great for gaming? Gesture based controls are nothing new, and the only reason they exist is "we couldn't fit a real controller in this device".

(you)

>play games on the trackpad
Portal is the worst one.
>fast sweeping movements with pinpoint accuracy required during every momentum puzzle

>be me
>casual league of leprosy player
>use usb keyboard on my notebook (spare old computer with windows) because i am always mad and angry punching my keyboard while typing racial slurs

If i had to use the trackpad to play, i would break it in less than day.

>shitaku
>old article
kys OP

>try to disprove this

I don't need to. He already did it himself. The whole argument boiled down to

>All we need to do is redesign every single game to work best on the trackpad

>kotaku
Hahahahahahahahahahahajahaha faggot!

Criticize Kotaku is a hate crime...

Apple uses the same synaptics touchpad as every other manufacturer.

for me, it's the apple magic trackpad

>Usually, I'm pretty good at never recommending these features—that's my Area Of Expertise: I recommend Features That Will Definitely Work and then suggest tweaks until they feel Good Enough For Me

wtf is up with the randomly capitalized words? Also his entire argument falls apart by the fact that a scroll wheel is objectively easier than a two finger swipe. Although I'll give apple this, their trackpad is definitely the best, that doesn't make trackpads better, or even good at everything