pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Pirevous theard

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/group/Dye-Sublimation-Keycap/2386080_511909170.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=4&size=&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=4&size=Full Size&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3te15f/keyboard_science_photos_new_2015_fc660m_vs_old/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really like the your keyboard
Probably one of my favorite layouts

Wtf, are you cheering on your keyboard?

standard fullsize a shit

way wider than it needs to be

1800 and its variations are the best layouts with numpads

Yeah I'd prefer to have a smaller keyboard too but I use my numpad daily

Found this AliExpress store with a bunch of dye-sub PBT Carbon clones that look pretty nice. Even have a Japanese set.
Worth the 50 bucks or so?
aliexpress.com/store/group/Dye-Sublimation-Keycap/2386080_511909170.html

None of the sellers with reasonable prices ship to Switzerland.

>Switzerland
Aren't you all rich or something?

Most reasonable layout

I agree, it's nice
Looking to get the FC980M next

good choice
the fc980c might be better because it has an aftermarket programmable controller option, but it is significantly more expensive too

I just bought logitech g413 to type in emacs, did I do good?

Yup!

Nope, unfortunately not. Poor foreign grad student. Life is still good here. Also while blowing 200$ on a work keyboard may seem somewhat out of proportion, I can sort of justify it to myself. But spending 350$ on a keyboard is too much for a non-hobbyist. I'm not into customization at all, I like classical boring looks.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the blog post. I'm looking for a keyboard for office use to alleviate RSI and ulnar nerve issues from a broken arm. Torn between the Topre Variable and the Matias Ergo. Tending to the former because I often work together with coworkers on the same workstation and a split keyboard would get in the way.

How is this layout called?

1800 I believe

Compact 1800

WASD V2 87-Key Custom (Mod-M) or Saber68 (Mod-M) or Leopold FC750R PD (MX Brown)?

Skip the wasd. Get which ever one has the better from factor for you, also clears>browns

i like hhkb layout, but it's not cheap and use topre. how's your experience with topre? i've only have cherry derivatives till now and a little hesitant to put any money on topre because i never try them before.

WASD is shit.
Saber68 has dye-sub PBT, while excellent, is probably a teeny lil bit lower tier than Leopold's double-shot PBT.
Saber68 is programmable, not so with the Leopold.
Saber68 has white LED
Saber68 has a more "fun" layout, though that is subjective.
In short, pick one of the latter. Both are fine choices.

Thanks!

Hated it at first, then it slowly became my favourite switch. I am now buying some hipros for their caps to put on my hhkb. Turns out you need both a JIS and an ANSI to get all the caps

user Santa is coming i hope you baked him some cookies or he mad

>Budget
no more than 200$
>Location (continent at least)
Ohio, United States
>Preferred switch type
Looking for cherry mx black
>Layout
qwerty ANSI
>Form factor
Full size with no less than 101 keys but preferably 104 keys
>Backlight
Preferably none
>Previous/current keyboards
Rosewill rk9000v2 with cherry mx red switch
I'd also prefer double shot pbt keycaps but dye sub are fine too. I'd also like the keycaps to be like the ones on an ibm model m with colors

I also don't want any sort of internal sound dampening mechanism in the keyboard

is it that hard to get topre's keycap?

lol you misspelled /r/mk

Cute

The only keyboards that come with doubleshot PBT keycaps are Ducky and Leopold. Now you can also buy non backlit doubleshot PBT keycaps from vortex.
I should note that for the backlit keys its POM legends, but the non backlit ones are PBT on PBT
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=4&size=&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

>prefer double shot keycaps
>full size
Get the new Leopold 980M or 900R with Double-shot PBT keycaps.

oops I forgot to filter the keyboard sizes
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=4&size=Full Size&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

gross

Santa will shit on your face while a sleep

Why not dysub PBT? There's really nothing wrong with it

But I've heard that those keyboards have internal sound dampeners, and I'd rather not have those. And also I see that that that keyboard has the lock lights under keys and I'd rather have them in the top right corner

Holy shit, Leopold has beige keyboards now.

>Why not dyfuzz PBT? There's really nothing wrong with it
You answered your own question

Its just a foam pad under the plate, probably even a 3m one

if it bothers you that much you can just take it out. Its not even glued on

Take the dampener out if you don't want to. It's cheap as shit and barely contributes to the price.
Also, the 980M has the LED up top as you prefer

Topre is my favourite switch, I personally like the 55g variants but the 45g on the HHKB is also nice. I have yet to do a domeswap on mine.

How I wish there were a 1800 board with no F row.
The TADA68 has taught me to dislike "tall" keyboard. Number row is as far as I want to go.

>i want fewer options and uneven surfaces because I don't don't like seeing 0.1mm of blur when I look at my caps under a magnifying lens

Duck Blackbird is close.

Good luck finding one you're willing to pay for though.

Fuck me silly, you're right, that board is pure dream come true for me.
Ah well, some day.

So that one in that pic still has double shot pbt keycaps and not the abs with the textured font thing right?

Yes. Go to mechanicalkeyboards.com and filter Leopold by newest. You'll see a bunch.

Hmm so I do use the home and end keys somewhat frequently, on that keyboard would you be able to just do fn+pg dn for end or something?

Yes

Are there any good, full sized, backlit (don't care about RGB), wireless mechanical keyboards out there? I don't play games that much so I don't care about the input lag, I just want to have a good typing experience without having extra cables on my desk.

Filco has some

so is wasdkeyboards bad now?
I want a mechanical keyboards with switches of my choosing and a custom print
any other companies do that?
preferably europe-based

>i want fewer options
why tho, everyone already knows the limitations of dye fuzz, not to mention no body uses vacuum chambers anymore so they legends will end up bleaching after 6 months

their keyboards are good, but their keycaps are shit. Maxkeyboard has slightly better custom keycaps ut don't get your hopes up. You'd be better of buying blank keycaps then dying them yourself

To get hipro caps, buying the hipro board is ur only option unfortunately

but I want to print artwork on top of the keyboard

and?
You can do it yourself, just know that if you UV print it they won't last very long

From what I've seen they're not backlit. Thank you though.

No.

You can get good fullsized backlit but not wireless
or good fullsized wireless but not backlit
or good wireless backlit but not fullsized
Those are your options.

aside from hipro caps, i mean the normal topre's keycap? i rarely see those caps comes in set

Topre uses a different mount that no aftermarket keycap manufacturers have molds for. So the only Topre keycaps you can buy come from Topre themselves.

I just want to have the arrow keys. I don't really use the numpad.

then get a Varmilo VB87

Ok, so wireless mechanical backlit tenkeyless, that gives you options.

Varmilo VB87M, Drevo Calibur (If you don't need the function row), Dareu EK820, Gon NerD TKL, etc.

Thank you, appreciate it.

Or you turn off numlock and use them from the numpad.

Wait for the tada68 pro to finish/ship

>trips
Well damn, now I'll just need to concede that you're right.

But I'll still say that my unicomp shows no signs of bleaching after 3+ years, and their caps are far from the best quality PBT.

My Tomoko 87 Key with knockoff blues arrived today. Been using it for a while, love the little thing but I honestly prefer my other keyboard with MX Reds over it. I'm not sure if it's the keycaps or the knockoff switches, but these MX Blue clones have a very quiet click and an almost whiny tick to every keypress, not bad by any means and for 29$ I didn'e expect to be blown away.
I'd like to try true MX Blues to see how they compare, I bought my little brother another Chinkboard with MX Blue knockoffs for gaming and his is much more clicky and tactile than this one (LESHP gaming something whatever the fuck).

What have you guys bought yourselves for Christmas?

What's the prettiest keyboard I can buy

You can build cuter keyboards, but for prebuilds it would be the Ducky x Varmilo Miya

I was going to buy one of their carbons a while ago but decided not too. I recommend a set because its cheap and looks nice but be sure to get the one with actual positive reviews, a few of them are kind of cheapy.

max keyboard translucent black keycaps

Looks nice

feel pretty good too.

now need to wait till i get home to put them on.

Sounds like you want a Filco Majestouch with PBT caps then.

Anyone know where I can get an Infinity Ergodox?

poland
falba.tech

but would the inner parts of the keyboard rattle at all?
well i already have a rosewill rk9000v2 with cherry mx red switches, and that keyboard litterally the keyboard in your picture but with different colors. i like how the leopold one looks too anyways.

Thanks, that's super pretty without being tacky like miamishit

Why would you want an Infinity when the screen is of limited usefulness and the hardware is infinitely more prone to failure than the tried and proven OG design

>but would the inner parts of the keyboard rattle at all?
Nope the keyboards is literately the same as the old, they just use better keycaps and the put a foam pad that isn't even secured. You take out the screws in the back then undo the latch that holds the case together. The internals are all one piece, except for the foam pad. Reddit has confirmed its the same and this guide will help
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3te15f/keyboard_science_photos_new_2015_fc660m_vs_old/

tell me where I can buy one. also afaik the infinity now has usb-c

Delete and Insert should be switched. Who the fuck uses Insert more than Delete

It does, but it still fails a lot

Anyway, you've got two options
Wait for them to go on Massdrop again and hope they don't send you the wrong PCBs
or buy secondhand on Reddit

Whereas you could buy a new regular Ergodox right now from falbatech, profet or Ergodox EZ or an Ergodone from China and they'd actually work.

Just bought a pok3r with greens, so excited!!!

Pretty fucking excited to buy one. It's going to be my first topre board. I have been mirin them since about 2007 when I first started looking into keyboards. Very difficult to pic between the white and black they're both gorgeous.
Pic related, it gets more use than all of my other boards. I just wish I had some insane keycaps like in your pic. Thinking about picking up a $20 soldering kit and some 62g springs to ergoclear it though.
Leopold has absolute insane build quality but if you can't get it with clears get the sabre68.
pic related. Almost bought the one you posted and I'm unsure how I feel about it still. I kind of want one.
People were calling me a leopold shill when I unboxed it and lost my shit. Now everyone is talking about them.

>Pretty fucking excited to buy one.
buy some headset cushions first

Those aren't even a year old and I don't use them anymore. I use a he500 now.

Anybody have opinions on Varmilo vb87m?
Looking for a tkl/80% wireless with browns. Have a das pro at home and am happy with it, but I'm a software developer working on a macbook pro so lol no ports

think about how they feel, hanging there alone, with no use and then they have the shities clothes on. YOU HAVE NO SOUL TREATING THEM LIKE THAT

all costar keyboards are not the same user just because they use the same pcb doesnt mean the plastic is the same or the weight or the caps. the leupold you want is more similar to filco than rosewill is to filco but neither rosewill or leupold are as solid as filvo

I think it's one of the only nice floating key designs. It looks good. Why you want cherry browns is beyond me but if you like them then go for it.
Keep in mind tactile switches have improved dramatically over the years. Halos, Mod-h, Jailhouse blue/green, gateron brown, zealio, ergoclear are all miles better than cherry brown.
I hope the keyboard companies notice that their portable boards in silent red/black are selling out and their larger boards in clear is selling out and start accepting that cherry doesn't make the best shit anymore.

to be fair the old ones were literally rebraneded filcos, even the controllers could be swapped and still work. the newer keyboards are different, but the old ones were identical

I loved them dearly for a long time but my sensitivities to the treble increased and they no longer suited my needs. Soon they will be sold to a new owner who no doubt get many years of enjoyment out of them.
Maybe they'll even use them to master/monitor music which is what they're for.
I spent days trying different EQ settings, I modified them, I measured them with a crude home made measurement rig.
They are not and never were abused. I still throw them on some times but the he500 is superior in every single way outside of bass impact.

I've only owned a single mech keyboard, a das pro with browns. I'm open to other switches, tactile but not clicky.

Any recommendations? TKL/80%, wireless, USA,

>but neither rosewill or leupold are as solid as filvo
have you tried all three of them?

Under $200? You could get a k-type with halo switches for $200 on massdrop. They'd be quite the step up from cherry browns.
The cherry linears from new boards(new leopolds, masterkeys pbt s) are the retooled cherry linears and the silvers in particular are factory lubed. A cherry speed silver board will give you a damn good linear experience comparable to zilentos with kryox lube.
Back to tactiles though, you should get a glorious modular mechanical keyboard and then try out a bunch of switches. You could even make ergo clears.
So many options at $200 and below.
Gateron browns are good too.

are topre keyboards worth it?

I've been told by many different people who have tried damn near everything that yes the 55g realforce 87 is worth it.
Good luck picking a fucking color though they both look so damn good.

Anyone have any tips for desoldering? I fucked up and all my switches are above the plate so i have to desolder like 30 switches to fix this.