What is this meme i keep hearing about Windows needing reinstalling all the time?

what is this meme i keep hearing about Windows needing reinstalling all the time?

I've had Windows installed on my laptop for over 5 years and I have no issues with performance or random error etc

thats only true for brainlets who fuck their shit up

It's called Windows rot, and if you were older than 15, you'd know it was a real thing in earlier days of Windows.

I've had it installed for 7 years now and it's beginning to slip. I guess Win7 and on rot slower.

Oh so anytime it’s brought up by lintards, we should ignore it?

Gotcha.

Also my first Windows OS was 98SE in 1999 running on a Patriot PC. So fuck yourself.

>lintards

You shouldn’t post selfies on Sup Forums kid, go back to instagram

>muh linux hurr durr

Pretty sure it's just dumb people who bloat their computers with dozens of useless programs and don't know how to flush cache

Registry corruption, Windows still can't handle well that and how their dll is managed. On top of that, there's a lot of random data from browsers, Updates, caches that are handled very badly.

>he doesnt freshly install his os every couple of months for fun

>he installs operating systems for fun

No life

Kys.
>fun life
Implying I want to reset my game save files every 2 months. Fucking kill yourself virgin.

>not formatting your os drive at least once per year

Last time i used windows, restart took 16 minutes

if ur playing games already u might as well just go full botnet and use steamcloud sync for ur saves

what is this meme i keep hearing about linux not working half the time?

I've had GNU/LInux installed on my laptop for over 5 years and I have no issues with it

what else would i do when i'm not watching animu and not at lectures desu?

what'd do for fun go around fucking desperate rosties? i bet thats far more enjoyable desu

Myth. "Windows rot" refers to your Windows computer having slower performance and slower speed the less careful and focused you are at taking care of your computer. This is a simple problem that can be easily fixed by simply using the essential methods and ideas of maintaining the best stability of your Windows, such as uninstalling and disabling bloatware, choosing carefully only necessary software for your needs and not being an idiot who has no common sense to protect yourself from virtual threats. It has nothing to do with your Windows computer slowing down purposely on its own with or without the supervision of you, unless you have evidence of it.

Not a steam user. I torrent my games.

Bullshit. While attempting to make this thread, your computer froze 7 times, got infected with 20 bitcoin miners, and had to restart because of a BSOD.

>have to babysit wangblows
no thanks.

>Lintards
>Not Lincucks
>Not Freetards
You must be 18+ to view this site

>Hurr what is a config file?
>I can copy a folder?
>Steam lets me put my library on USB drives?

>nearly impossible to clone your winshit disk and have it still be bootable
>obscure, system crippling errors after and update fails to install correctly
>absolute clusterfuck of an activation system with a billion key types
>key that comes with laptop won't work with new install because oem keys
>calling micropenis support just means wasting 35 minutes with pajeet
I absolutely hate Windows and I use only Fedora, Debian, OpenBSD, and macOS at home. I don't even give a hot fuck about video games anymore either because it's just not worth it when you have to use Winshit to get access to any of the big titles.

Back in the old days when you still had harddisks with physically moving parts, when you installed the operating system it would write all the data on consecutive sectors, so the read head wouldnt have to bounce all over the hard disk to read just 1 file.
After you installed some updates, apps, etc. the data would be all over the disk, causing high load times.
Actually using the defragment tool that Windows still includes in their OS today would speed up your harddisk like it was brand new, but because reinstalled the OS is way faster people did just that.
I remember the good old days when defragging was something you just did like once every month..

Could have just searched for "Original" and got the same info, saved yourself the effort of typing three words when one would have been more than sufficient.

>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

>comes to Sup Forums
>can't partition a hard drive

It's real and still a thing. See upgrading to Windows 10 "feature" updates versus clean installing each one.
It's also mostly caused by crappy installers not cleaning up after themselves properly on removal. If you don't uninstall anything it tends to stay fast.