I`m looking for a laptop that`s 2-1 under 500$

I`m looking for a laptop that`s 2-1 under 500$

Do you guys have any recommendations?

You can build one for less than that with a thin itx Mobo, i3, resistive touch 15.6" with 4K 60hz or 1080p with 120hz LCD panel and driver controller board. Use a pico ups 160 Watt and a openups battery power pack.

I would just buy it, not building

I need it to be touchscreen

thinkpad x220

why is Sup Forums so retarded

>Building a laptop is retarded

T. Alienware

Im thinking about:
ACER Chromebook R13
is it any good?

>>Building a laptop is retarded

t. retard

Build it

holy autism

Good for browsing Facebook, not much for anything else.

Well Im looking for basic drawing, maybe photoshop work
really, im not going to build a laptop

Thanks.

I think Samsung put out some good Chromebooks recently. I would take a minute and check eBay and manufacturer outlets for deals on business laptops.

Not op, but I might consider this to replace my shitty netbook. Where would I buy a laptop case? How do I make sure it's sufficiently cool?

Update 15 not 13

hijacking op thread, currently with a fx6300 and gtx970, planning to star drawing in photoshop clip art etc... is this enough? im thinking in buying a wacom tablet and keep the computer or buy an cheap 2-1 touchscreen rig or tablet.

I have an R11 2in1, for 200$ it's a nice little video and light browsing machine but bear in mind it's extremely underpowered.

I'm surprised there isn't at least one company making those ultra short laptop motherboards for diy laptops

yeah man i'd buy one instantly

It's not because there isn't, it's because no company has manufactured a "slim, safe, and simple" UPS adapter or kit to supply power to the DIY laptop.

Cause they wouldnt make any money selling like five of them

No, they would eventually lose their entire controlled market of non-modular laptops because everyone would make them at home instead, or go to websites that would do it for them.