Price drop when?

Price drop when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mavrdYZPg0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=2J1UgMAPNtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't.

probably the best-looking android phone i have ever seen, but i'm not buying any phone over $150

soon, that looks neat

Why piss your money away on a Blackberry when you can get an Ericsson or Nokia or Tandy?

Physical keyboard

It's really the only thing I want in a phone.

woo more keys that are the size of a hair
my thumb = about 15 button presses on that.
why are phones designed for women and children?
same thing with the tiny little cuck pinhole mics that only hear light voices and cant hear anyone that has actually gone though male puberty

Sonim XP6, CAT B25 and others are for you then. Real manly phones. I own one of the latter, not very useful because everything these days requires Android but it's still a nice trinklet.

When they hit the floor.

What's it with you autists and physical keyboards?

tough phones are sexy and all but I need a touch screen. the cat s60 is a sexy phone, android, touch screen, water proof, and a fucking flir thermal camera.
What Im bitching about is tiny qwerty keyboards and microphones not being able to hear lower voices. Ive resorted to using my usb microphone with a usb otg adapter for calls.
If they would have made they keyboard slide out from the bottom like they use to they could have made the keys twice as big

Because my primary use of a phone is texting and I hate touchscreen keyboards

This

When the follow up that's been leaked already comes out

it's productive hipsterism. I had a Palm Treo from 2007-2011 and it was the best phone I ever fucking had. I even had a physical keyboard on the Droid series until I had to give that up when it died in 2014. And even then my Droid keyboards had so much fucking lag from retard android that I could almost never type accurately or quickly. Android didn't even become useable until Jelly Bean, but it fucking killed off all other competition because the iPhone popularity demanded an equally shitty competitor
Black Berry is doing G-d's work by making phones fucking USEFUL again like they used to be, without skimping on modern features

Still would be better with a number row.

Eh, it's not that hard to press Alt

depends on how many numbers you're trying to type, or in what combination. I hate having to shift my entire grip just to alt+1 or whatever, then shift back.

>not buying one within a week of US release
>not drunkenly applying a magnet to the back of it

come on, do you even want blackberry to succeed?

You don't have to hold it, it works like sticky keys. And if you press and hold briefly it'll lock till you press it again.

youtube.com/watch?v=mavrdYZPg0Q

Literally chink shit.

that's the video fo the first production line.
After this video they fixed it and offered everyone with a first batch phone a free replacement with a completely new phone.
The guy has since then made another video where it doesn't break at all and he takes everything back youtube.com/watch?v=2J1UgMAPNtw

Also my keyone black edition arrives today or tomorrow, can't wait

Can someone put into words what exactly makes this phone so good looking?

is it worth upgrade from the Q10?

The keyboard is supposedly not quite as good as on the Q10, because it's not as tall, but it's still the best android keyboard.
If you want all the android apps and you get a decent deal, it's worth it

let me tl,dr
pro: better screen, all android apps, much better camera, better design / social status
con: keyboard is not as tall

3x3 is easier though

This.
It is a shame that phones from 2007 was so much better than they are today and they coated 1/10th the price they do today.
I don't care that the price went up, it also added the expectancy that phones can live longer. There were a long time where a 6 months seemed like a long time to survive for phones.
If you watch the old iPhone launch, one of the arguments for touch screen keyboards is you can design the optimal interface for each application.
In reality, almost a decade later is you use the same keyboard for almost everything.
It is only really gone when I watch a video or a picture and android is still awful when it comes to handling media.

Where did you get it? (if in the US)

Germany, eBay

I'm typing this message on one right now.

Was great the first few months but it's a heap of shit now and runs like a dog.

No I shouldn't have to clear cache and reboot.

Avoid.

The bloatware is terrible.

Problem is this all glass bullshit in premium phones ducks dick

Please expand, what bloatware, what problems?

How much harder is it to manage software than a standard android phone?

How often do you type on your fucking phone that you want to lose half of your fucking screen real-estate to a physical keyboard?

Ideally all the time.

Everything blackberry, besides the keyboard, is an android app. Great in theory but shit in execution.

It's the reason it's so damn slow.

I'll be fair on them you could view it as a gen 1 device.

It's no different to any other android device. Just layers of blackberry apps over the top.

What Ericsson / Nokia's are you talking about?

that keyboard on the left looks melted what the fuck

Gay

Probably next year, when the next model is supposed to be released.

1) physical keyboard
2) excellent stock utility apps (Hub, Calendar, Tasks, Notes)
3) better battery life
4) better build quality

I don't have big hands, but writing on the keyboard of the Keyone is only tricky at the beginning. After some time of prolonged use, it gets easier and easier.

Never had a problem selecting numbers.

Bump

The only thing that holds me back from getting one is the locked bootloader so no flashing ROMs when they stop updating the phone

It won't, if anything it will go up as no one wants that shit and production will eventually stop really soon.

>buying a phone with a physical keyboard

what's wrong with you people?

what next, buying a black and white phone?

When I am typing something on my phone, I have a keyboard that is bigger than the keyboard on that phone.

When I am not typing something, there's no keyboard and the screen is free to do something else.

Physical keyboard on a phone is literally backwards with no benefits and lots of drawbacks.

But the Priv price dropped like a 747 with no wings.

Cause the priv was shit, but the keyone is good in every way that matters

You'll have bought a different phone by the time the Keyone stops being updated.

>shit
Yeah, a random Xiaomi having 3 hours of battery life with no physical keyboard is surely a more reliable purchase.
>production will eventually stop really soon
[insert source here]

Call me when it's rootable and I'll cop it at full price

>rootable
Rooting this phone will decrease its performance and reduce its capabilities and features.

Why could they not replicate the keyboard of the Classic? I was hyped for the Keyone but the keys are not tactile enough.

The android control buttons should have been proper buttons too and not touch. Kinda defeats the point.

Also purely visually I don't like how glossy the keys are. Again the Classic is prefect in this aspect.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're better than today, but they were better than phones from 2008-2013 at least

If they could get this keyboard on my OnePlus, it would be ideal. I heard build quality, bloatware, and crappy processors were holding it back, and OP5 has all that covered.

>build quality
as mentioned ITT only the first batch of them were shit and were all replaced by warranty. If you get a black edition you're guaranteed to miss this
>bloatware
every blackberry app is actually useful: the hub, messenger, and dtek permissions especially
>crappy processors
also a good thing, because you're not playing video games on this you're using it for communication. The KeyOne has outstanding battery life because it's not using an actual top of the line processor for computing facebook and email

Ive had one for a few months, posting from it now, and ive really enjoyed it. Moving back to a physical keyboard has been great (I actually bought a passport last year since they were cheap but the lack of app support just made it unuseable). The blackberry os definitely ran smoother though, ive noticed some slowness with the more battery optimized processor, but nothing too bad. All in all i think its a solid device, not for everyone but if you type a lot theres no substitute for a real keyboard.

My nigger. Keyone is truly an excellent phone. I'm not going back to shit virtual keyboard ever again.

U.S, Best Buy

Got a free used PRIV from someone who didn't use it and enjoying it so far.

>priv
>free
Well, I guess it's still better than most shitphones, but the Keyone belongs to a totally different league, my friend.

fuck, I've been thinking about whether I want a passport or a keyone. I feel like if I got a passport I would just adapt to the lack of apps but I feel like I would miss them
I just want an android passport, or at least one with a 3:4 screen

I was torn by your same dilemma, my friend: I had to decide between a €450 new Keyone and a €150 new Passport. At the end I bought the Keyone because I thought it would be more future proof and I needed some Android apps. I don't regret my choice for one moment. Keyone's screen ratio is also sublime.

yeah I know it has glorious 3:2 ratio, but it's still less useful than 1:1. I was also thinking about lame it would be not being able to use a phone one-handed anymore which I do all the fucking time

>less useful than 1:1
Care to explain why?

>one-handed
Keyone is better than Passport then, because Keyone has dedicated keys for alt, shift, ctrl (which you can program to any key you like) and numbers.

>why
Width. The problem with modern smart phones is that the screens are too thin and thus text/websites are incredibly difficult to read naturally
but yeah the keyone seems like the perfect phone

>Width.
We're talking about the Passport; its screen is wider than the KEYone's.

I write/edit docs and notes daily and I always check websites when I need. So far I haven't had an occasion when the Keyone's screen results to be bad. On a different note, I'm in love with the keyboard working as a trackpad: browsing websites, texts and even apps like Clover, like I'm doing right now, by simply stroking the thumb on the keyboard is simply awesome. I nearly never need to touch the screen with my fingers.

Meant to

gospel

preach it sista

I have one too

The keyboard is better than I expected it to be and the only typing speed problems I've had with it have come from needing to insert numbers

That being said, I have it on Sprint (because I work for this shit company) and their activation policies are all kinds of fucked for this phone. Still escalating with network team to make these phones work on LTE at all within my market. According to internal info (device solutions), each market that has this 3G-only issue has to push through access point updates or the phone will forever have issues

want one but i have clubbed thumbs and cant type on those tiny keys