So I just installed linux for the first time and whilst I have no problem on getting the time to configure it...

So I just installed linux for the first time and whilst I have no problem on getting the time to configure it, there is no way an "average person" would get the time to get everything set up correctly
Wifi, drivers, all that shit takes away way too much time. Everyone who says that it just werks is just shilling.
Linux is a toy timesink.

If you're too stupid for Ubuntu then you shouldn't be using a computer.

Well, as it shows that you like Euronymous, just buy a Mac, faggot...
But why are you so retarded that you can't use Linux effectively? Let's find out.

I can, like I said (nice reading comprehension, faggot), but what Im saying is that there is no way a common person with a common life can use linux because you have to install drivers for every little thing

> Wifi, drivers, all that shit takes away way too much time
What? I haven't had to do any of this on a non-Arch distro for as long as I've been using Linux (six years or so). Stop making shit up.

Doesn't every OS need drivers? How else will your hardware communicate?

this is why we should teach kids how to instal operating systems preferably gentoo

Ubuntu installer installs all the drivers automatically, what are you even talking about?

I have had to install drivers on Linux exactly twice in my last three years of using it as my daily driver across four machines (three desktops and one laptop).

The first time was installing xboxdrv to get an Xbox 360 controller to work. The second time was installing a custom kernel version because I got an RX 480 on release day before the drivers had been merged into the kernel proper.

Neither of these are typical use cases and the most common one (xboxdrv) isn't hard in the slightest. Stop making shit up.

Funny, Ive been using it for too days and Ive already had to install some for my unsupported wireless card and an usb adapter

two* im retarded
Anyways Im not making shit up, you are free to ignore my point though

Well don't use unsupported hardware. That's pretty basic. Why do you think every distro maintains hardware compatibility lists?

>Linux is a toy timesink.
I like to think of it as a hobby

But then I have to read the fucking manual. Who has time for that?

>I have to install drivers for every little thing
You're obviously lying, or confused Linux with windows.

Are you trolling?

>ubuntu
you're a fucking liar, that's what you are

Not ubuntu. It spies so much on you I may as well use windows
Not mt fault so much hardware is unsupported by linux. Also am I supposed to check compatibility with my timesink machine every time I want to
buy something new? I cant imagine a person with shit to do always having to do that shit.
Thats why I installed linux in the first place, I had nothing to do. I only wanted to piss some people off with what I consider valid points.
Im not lying, and that shit didnt happen with windows. I hated windows though.

Anyways I was just trolling a bit, I never lied though

Stop using a botnet OS.

>Not mt fault so much hardware is unsupported by linux.
Nigger, most laptops on the market support Linux distros like Ubuntu and its derivatives comes with drivers with all the common brands out-of-the-box, not to mention how Debian and the other distros give you the option of looking for drivers for your PC (and there are even some sites devoted to automatically including non-free drivers in their Linux isos). Unless you are running some meme machine PC, Linux should work on it (at least Ubuntu)

What are you even talking about? Every time I've installed Linux Mint, be it on a laptop or desktop, everything always just works.

>didn't happen with windows
It always did. Linux has wireless, Ethernet, USB and GPU drivers by default. Windows doesn't come with those. You only think it does because it automatically downloads them when you plug in a new device, but without an internet connection windows is useless.

Shit-tier bait

I didnt know that. Anyways, if it comes with it by default how come I had to download drivers for my network card?

not OP, but on ubuntu I was missing drivers for:

-cam
-dgpu
-pad
-wifi

Except for dgpu, all of these existed, but had to be installed manually which was terrible. For dgpu, turns out, linux "supported" it, i.e. theres a 1 in 5 crapshoot chance that some workaround might make it happen. in the end, it didnt for me after like 3 weeks of reinstalling drivers and reconfiguring x.

Linux is great but dont say that these problems dont exist. It works on some very specific machines like osx, and then thats it.

Which distro did you use, because certain distros don't come with non-free drivers by default. If oyu were using Ubuntu or that one Debian iso that includes all the non-free drivers, you shouldn't be having that problem.

Most good network cards will be supported by Linux. You're using some chink shit, or a shitty distro.

>Wifi, drivers, all that shit takes away way too much time.
Works just fine for me, if you say otherwise you are shilling Microsoft.

I spent a week or so configuring arch being a noob. Still fixing things after 2 months. I have hidpi screen. Still have some programs that don't have
Show properly. hate xorg now.

This, this right here was the point I was tryong to make. This is the problem with the linux community.

Every modern Linux Distro installs drivers automatically, carries at least default drivers in kernel. Unless you are using Arch Linux

What distribution did you install?

>make a stupid claim
>get denounced
>"t-this is the problem with the linux community"
Fuck off. We're not a hugbox. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Ubuntu is even easier to set up than Windows. If you're too stupid for that, then maybe you should stick to your iPhone.

>there is no way an "average person" would get the time to get everything set up correctly
so? i shouldn't use it because... someone else wouldn't?
>Everyone who says that it just werks is just shilling.
not true at all, i buy hardware that i know works in linux, because that's what i use. so things really do just work