/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of Eastern horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering required for fine watch manufacture.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=FTSvLKY7HEk
>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

The module from the Heuer group was last during third quarter but doesn't count in your aegument because Zenith doesn't claim first overall but first integrated even though they beat them to market by all definitions.
The Seiko was mid that same year.
The Zenith was launched first quarter, orders could be taken around there and then delivered mid to third quarter in the same year. So the question is what do you call production then and exactly when do you take the date or find the date when there is nothing solid about any of those dates but that they were roughly the same time?
But that's also why it's always called a debate about the first and how it is debatable not set in stone.

/biz/ poster here. I made a bunch of money on alt coin and now I want to buy myself 3 watches. Which ones would you recommend?

Pic related is the ideal woman I want to impress with my watch.

Budget?

Going by that streetwear kinda girl I would say Hublot or Gshock

Why would you want three watches?

Rolex Submariner
Patek Philipe Nautilus
JLC Reverso

Got a new strap for times I don’t want to wear the bracelet

Of course I forgot the picture.

/csg/ here
Who else mi band 2?

>Why would you want three watches?
Not the guy you're quoting, but if you aren't a basic bitch that has more of a wardrobe than blue/white shirts and black trousers, it's nice to change it up a bit. I have a lovely rose gold watch, for example, that I wear with my purple shirts, but it just doesn't fit when I wear it with my blue shirt and gold tie.

I used to wear miband

but most phones from this gen and last gen already have decent fitness trackers so I just wear a watch instead

stainless Rolex Submariner
Vacheron Constantin Patrimony
Solar G Shock

I see what you mean, the simple face and text along with the brown and black make it look a little dated, like they tried to homage something from the '70s with modern components and didn't quite hit the mark.
The Longines Legend Diver you mentioned does have a beautiful dial, there really is no comparison, but I can't get one of those for $65.

Does Pepsi make it any better?

Please go back to /fa/.

Thank you for your recommendations so far. I'll look into these watches. Where are the best places to buy from?

For me generally

Thinking of getting this, anyone had one?

Nice Bulova homage

If you can get a used hesalite speedy for around 2.5k that's fine.

That looks nice. Too bad about the size.

desu I hate the maxidial tunacan trend rn

Damn that's nice.

NATO vs steel bracelet

Leather NATO

Actually well made bracelet > * > shit > chinkshit/slavshit rattle bracelet.

Depends on the watch. Natos look good on the Speedmaster, never looks right on a Rolex Oyster.

Bulova is a dinnerplate

Why steel Daytona is so expensive? Whyyy
I just can't get it it's a fucking steel chronograph, it didn't go to the moon or whatever

They weren't very popular in the 60s and 70s so they're fairly rare + they have a craze inflating the price massively. Eventually the collectors will move on to another model to obsess over and we can see insane moon missions for all of that watch's references, too.

Marketing

getting a steel bracelet that fits it right is impossible for me it's always too loose or too tight unless it had a slide adjust. I always go strap.

Every single one of his food products is based as fuck.

Pic related. The only cheap pasta sauce I ever buy.

Is it made with socks?

>buying pasta sauce

idk, but it's so good I've contemplated just eating it out of the jar.

Their salsa is also great. I love his Oreo cookie knockoffs too.

>he has time to make his own

That's nice, you NEET shit

huge maxidial monsters covered in complications are "in" with soybois now

>sockarooni

Thanks a lot, I've calmed down now
What about ones currently produced? They are not vintage pieces

can a skeleton ever be classy or are they just pure memery?

Watch nooblet here. Your general is shit. I don't give a fuck about what crystals power your gay watches. Where are the recommended watches categorized by cost?

Only in very few cases.

dont be rude if you want help, faggot

sorry the truth hurts. Give me the list soyboy

decent looking skeletons only look good at the high end range. skeleton is synonymous with chinkshit now.

>hurrr durr im here to shit all over the thread topic btw can u guys help me?

best watches are powered by emerald crystals. the greenness really ups the accuracy

Just buy a Denzel Washington, you retard

I like it. Thanks

I really want to add a skeleton to my collection. Are there any good entry-level ones?

Even the high-end skeleton designs still manage to look like chinkshit, are skeletons objectively trashy or did chinks just sully them for all time?

No.

It's actually quite sad that Seiko manages to do that Omega style lug on a mid-range massively better than Omega does it on the Aqua Terra line, and overall the exterior finishing on the Seiko is just crisper than excessively rounded edges all over the Omega.

That isn't really a skeleton, more like an open heart.

The entire movement is visible from the front of the watch. Nothing about it is closer to being an 'open heart' rather than a skeleton watch.

>soyko
>skwallleeee
>standing on tippy toes

In terms of design it certainly isn't 'full skeleton' which brings me to my next point, never go 'full skeleton'.

There's literally no way to make it 'more skeleton' than it already is. All the gears are visible. It's a skeleton watch.

there's a Hamilton one that's pretty classy, weird looking tho

Very strange looking. I don't know how I feel about that one.

Ouch.

It's only a debate due to motivated reasoning and marketing.

Seiko had 6139 equipped chronographs on sale in Japan in May of 1969, which is before you could buy an El Primero or Caliber 11 equipped watch, therefore the 6139 was the first on the market regardless of who paper-launched theirs first.

The 6139 was also the first chronograph movement to feature a vertical clutch design, which is technically superior to the horizontal clutch used on the El Primero.

How embarrassing

No.

What is the point of having a watch if you have a phone, since they have a clock already? Is it mostly a fashion accessory? And if that's the case, why isn't this serial in /fa/?

Artificially limited supply.

Why do you think everyone stopped using pocket watches in the early parts of the 20th century?

>why is a thread about technology on a technology board

stop giving him yous, morons

that's just sad

maybe semi-skeleton

>buy 2 cans of tomatoes (one crushed, one puree/basil added is optional)
>add a peeled yellow onion
>add black pepper, red pepper, oregano, garlic powder, basil to taste
>if adding meat the meat goes in the pot and browns first
>if not adding meat add fennel seeds to simulate the taste of a meat sauce

Babbys first Sunday sauce. Thank me later because you have enough sauce for 3 meals this week for $15 tops.

forgot the onion should be left whole then taken out at the end, you can sub onion powder if you're lazy

>buy this sauce at the store for $2 a bottle

Nigga how can I compete?

>bottled sauce

Oregano does not go in tomato sauce. Only olive oil, yellow onion or garlic (not both), tomato pure or canned San Marzano DOP tomatoes, salt, and a lot of fresh basil. Just make sure you actually simmer the sauce long enough if you are making a slow simmered tomato sauce and you will find you don't need to add anything else to this recipe. It also freezes extremely well.

If you want to try making what Italians call 'quick sauce' instead, use a large saute pan, substitute one cup of quartered cherry tomatoes per person and saute on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes using the same olive oil, garlic (or yellow onion), salt and basil.

what's that button above the crown?

Date advance

oh
thanks

>telling an actual italian you can't put oregano in a sauce

not a lot but a sprinkle for flavor

olive oil should be what you're browning the meat with

Pensi che sei Italiano, eh? Quindi spiegami Nel quale parte d'Italia usano origano nel sugo per pasta?

mio italiano e cacare, noi sappiamo en cuccina americana il sugo variante da italiano

CHAAWWWO

Can someone watch me, while I sleep?

>he doesn't wear a 1958 Hamilton Electric Ventura

Debate: grana padano or parmigiano?

is that a woman's watch

What watch will tell the ladies that I have a cute 2D wife waiting for me at home?

>Low beat, non transistorized, unserviceable electric watch

While we're at it, here are a few other notable horological achievements:

1) Development of the vertical clutch chronograph coupling.

2) Development of the first reliable and robust vertical clutch, column wheel automatic chronograph in the 701x in 1971.

3) Development of the first 3hz ultra-thin mechanical movement in the 1.98mm thick 6800 in 1969.

4) Development of the first balance bridge production movement in the 44xx King Seikos introduced in 1968.

5) First mass produced mechanical movements to use Lossier curves in the hairsprings to improve accuracy.

6) First production watch ever sold with a +/- 2 SPD accuracy rating with Grand Seiko VFA models introduced in 1969.

7) First (and only) ever women's sized 36,000bph mechanical movement, the 19xx, introduced in 1968.

8) Second watchmaker to ever use a 36,000 bph movement in a production model in the 45xx, introduced in 1967.

9) Second watchmaker to ever succeed in having production watches pass Neuchatel Astronomical Observatory Chronometer testing.

10) Only watchmaker to ever independently design 3 or more separate 36,000 bph movements.

11) First watchmaker to retail a quartz wristwatch.

12) First watchmaker to successfully develop an electromechanical movement using a electromagnetic braking in spring drive.

13) First production watchmaker to use MEMS technology to manufacture escapements as seen in the 9s6x and 9s8x Grand Seiko movements.

14) First production watchmaker to begin testing their mechanical movements in 6 positions rather than 5.

There are lots of others I could mention, but those are just a few that came to mind.

Gp observatory Chronometer were guaranteed to 1min per month and I believe came before Seiko vfa

How are you defining ultra-thin? Less than 2 mm? I remember that Seiko and Citizen both had watches with movements smaller than 3 mm in the early 60s.

12 might be dubious. First to retail it anyways.

Do you have a source for that by any chance? I wasn't aware that Girard Perregaux was guaranteeing one minute per month on their Observatory Chronometers at the time. Assuming you are correct then that would make Seiko second to a +/- 1 minute per month guarantee.