What distro should I install on my MacBook air (2014)?

What distro should I install on my MacBook air (2014)?

Windows 10

Manjaro
It's the new hottest thing
Rolling release and AUR without the autism of vanilla Arch

Install Gentoo.

Dumb Akko poster

what's wrong with macOS?

BOTNET
No package manager
Bloat

Windows 95 tier security
Literally

CloverOS

Wrong on all counts, except maybe bloat which can be removed in ~10min and only comes from a brand new ootb Mac.

Invalid. The issue only existed for a short time on a small percentage of devices and has long since been resolved. Windows on the other hand had this issue unresolved for years in 9x...

Windows 9x was also around in a time where it would take a lot longer for that kind of information to spread versus a couple hours on Twitter and hotfixes were a lot harder to push because people didn't have always on internet if they even had internet at all

OSX High Sierra. It just werks. Especially if your time isn't worthless.

There is no bloat. A fricken UPGRADE install OSX has like 6GB footprint.

Maybe if you lived in a podunk area with bad internet access...

That still doesn't excuse the length of time it took MS to address the issue and resolve it. SEVERAL disk based updates/upgrades were released before the issue was resolved, which is inexcusable.

mint , from freedom came elegance

>What is Homebrew

>doing things Apple doesn't want you to do
bad desu dont mod Apple OS

a third party software.

Get a real laptop, then install gentoo.

your fucking idiot. what fucking package manager worth a shit ISN'T maintained by a community? moron.

t. archfag

Any with XFCE.

Facetime HD camera works bad, WiFi is broadcom needs driver.

name 1 package manager that isnt third party software
mac os
openbsd

any repo of a distribution which is not derived from another one.

and he avoids naming one because he can't name one that isn't shit/outdated/actually not completely first party

You could probably sell it for a good price since Macbook hold their value pretty well and buy a newer XPS with better hardware

I don't avoid it, I thought I made myself clear.
If you really want an example. SUSE and RHEL or its free counterparts OpenSUSE, Fedora.

listen, i'm not good with computers