Where were you when our lord and savior Fractal saved us once again

youtube.com/watch?v=5ssyiVFtWj4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHGAJYcgBHI
amazon.com/dp/B0009V6UR2
wrapdirect.com/wood-effect-wrap/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't think that can kill the older NZXT cases because they had way better cooling than these choked up front panel glass shit everyone are making.

Also
>*Rattles your HDD cages into oblivion*

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE ARC R3 FRACTAL?
WHERE IS IT?

Goddamnit fractal you're making it easier and easier to just go grab a Pro M and leave you for good

this is the most revolting finish on this planet and I have no fucking clue why hardware manufacturers are so stuck with it.

Even fucking woodgrain would've been better

yes.. OLDER.

s340 is a heat box

thinking about getting TJ08E with locked i7 how terrible of an idea is this?

>tfw still have an H810 and a phantom 630.
>tfw also got a HAF 932 in a box laying around from my Q6600 from a millennia ago.
I think I will have to buy a bequiet dbp 900 in my next build because all other cases have zero airflow nowadays.

*teleports behind you*

>peel off stock vinyl
>apply a nice realwood veneer

This, I'd like some 2018 upgrades for my Arc Midi R2.

*blocks ur path*

>glass side panel
Other than that right on but I wonder if that effects how quite it is

All black option available. No RGB anywhere. The Lord hast listened to his faithful servants.

>The Lord hast listened to his faithful servants
Not really else we would have a version with the meshify C intake.

There's a non tempered-meme option available with sensible dampened panels.

WHY CANT THEY MAKE THE MESHIFY 3 INCHES LONGER REEEEEEEE

I don't even need much from it. Just use the R5 as a basis, cut the 5.25 bays to just one to make room for a 360 rad, slap the Arc panels on it and done, I don't need anything else.

Because it doesn't include ANY intake fans. Just add two and watch your temps drop by 5c. Btw, the s340 elite had similar CPU temps and better GPU temps compared to the Meshify C, which is a joke since the s340 elite doesn't have front fans included either. It took upgraded fans for the meshify c to beat the s340 elite but for that price you might as well put the fans on the s340 instead

>There will never be a full sized meshify case with 3 intake fans in the front and 3 on top and removable HDD cages.
Guess I can always hope some other manufacturer jews fractal out of their own market and designs.

Fractal generally doesn't have much to offer for the price.

>USB-C adapter sold separately
kek

>no white version

fucking dropped nigger Fractal Shitsign

they are the only case manufactuer that doesnt cater to RGB bullshit i refuse to give buisness to those that do

So what exactly is the point of the full window if half of the case is covered by shrouds?

silverstone do such good microatx cases but where the fuck are the new models they showed at 2015 exhibitions its almost 2018 and nothing

This. On top of that, why the fuck are shrouds so damned popular these days?

I'm honesty about to just shell out the $300 or so to get a Silverstone FT-05 with no window. I just want a plain box, good amount of HDD bays, and runs relatively cool.

>brushed aluminum

ugh

fucking this, i fell for the PSU shroud meme because it looks so cool, but it's a maintenance nightmare.

Now I have to physically disconnect all cables and remove the computer and place it onto an open area to get access to the hard drives and backside of the case.

with my conventional case, i just had to remove the side panel and i was greeted with full access to everything

I'll admit shrouds look clean, but they are absolute heat traps, especially the psu one. That's a tradeoff I'm not willing to make. At the very least make them removable.

More like *blocks your airflow*

>but they are absolute heat traps, especially the psu one

Was that not the point? Box off the PSU heat away from the rest of the system?

For what purpose

If this is truly what the new Fractal looks like, I'm going to go buy another R5 with no window. Keep it in its box in my storage. My server is in one right now.

>he doesn't already have 1 unwindowed and 2 windowed R5s
lmaoing at ur live

>preforms identicle to the r6 sometimes better

hmmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=cHGAJYcgBHI

Uh your PSU should intake and exhaust directly from and to open air. The fan is an intake, the rear is an exhaust. PSU shrouds direct heat as intended by psu manufacturers.

You can move the HDD shroud backwards. It'll limit your HDD capacity to two but you really shoudn't need more than that.

There is a white version, idiot.

In theory yes. In practice they ended up leaving less breathing room to gpu's than actually sectioning off the psu's heat. Manufacturers noticed this and eventually started venting the shroud's top, but it's still an half assed solution

what cooler is that lovecraftian mess of copper tubes?

You don't need anything other than the Fortress 2B. It's literally perfection.

>Lovecraftian mess of copper tubes
That gave me a laugh. But pic related. Got this top down cooler because my server was originally inside of the fractal node 302 mITX case, but all my drives were getting much too hot for my liking.

It works well. Keeps the little haswell Pentium dual core under 40C with the fan only spinning at 600-ish RPM. Can't even hear it really. My drives make more noise.

I mean if you don't put intake fans in the front, yeah.

But you should know better.

Huh, from the review photos it looked like it was just covering a front hdd mount, actually the whole thing moves back. I'll go back on what I said at , base a new Arc series on this chassis and you have a buyer here.

>no side panel fan
That was the whole point.

*vibrates on your desk*

If you dont put fans in it sure

The inside feels cheaper and worse than in a R5, what the fuck?

I've never had a case that "catered to RGB". What the fuck case are you talking about?

Side panel fans fuck up airflow

>needing side panel fans

where does one get nice veneer
does it need preapplied adhesive or is there something better to use

Why is this faux-brushed aluminium aesthetic still alive? It looks cheap and tacky.

Is CaseLabs the only company out there making full cases out of high quality matte finished steel?

>brushed alumishit

>RGB fans
>RGB constrollers
>RGB strips

>R5 has 8 HDD trays
>Fractal cuts it to 6

At the wood store

>does it need preapplied adhesive or is there something better to use
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Veneer with adhesive pre-applied to it? That doesn't sound like something which would be readily available, and the type of adhesive would most likely be designed for plywood or something rather than a plastic PC door.

What case comes with a rgb controller and strips? Fans maybe but full front panels are making them unpopular so the opposite of what you're saying is happening. The only case I can think of is the H700i, which is a bad meme that got blasted in reviews for exactly that

>At the wood store
amazon.com/dp/B0009V6UR2

yeah it's sad that they have taken inspiration from Phanteks... But according to Paul's Hardware, you can buy more trays for up to 11 3,5" hard drives.

But still, it probably costs 3 cents to make a single tray, fucking scammer tactics

>you can buy more trays for up to 11 3,5" hard drives
Nowhere on Fractal's site mentions this.

Car vinyl wrap, google it, there's faux wood among other finishes and it looks pretty real, since it's intended to use in cars in a unironical way.

nice

you can buy more hard-drive bays, up to 11.

>buying wood online
>buying pre-finished wood online
>buying pre-finished wood of unknown quality and appearance online where you can't pick it up, inspect it, et cetera

I said /nice/ veneer

wrapdirect.com/wood-effect-wrap/

Perfection was reached ages ago.

That unironically looks like what eric harris would have as his pc case.

>DLC has come to computer cases

thanks obama

This is not even veneer and it looks like shit.

they had one job and it was to not include this piece of shit

good job cucks

You look like shit you cocksucking faggot.

So:

R5: No memes.
R6: PSU shroud meme, HDD bay covers meme, Only one DVD drive bay meme, vertical GPU meme.

Did I got it right?

mad because it's actually good

false besides vertical gpu meme

I only like power supply shrouds if they're actually a basement and have hard drive bays and shit in them
I think the only current case with one is the 900d

>good
>can't add a new cable from the psu without taking apart the whole thing

ok

I'll never understand why people put their towers on their desks.
I mean, I'd understand it if you have really limited space but in that case, why even go for such a big build in the first place?

>side window

>yaoi animeme image reaction

>>good
>>can't add a new cable from the psu without taking apart the whole thing
Wow so you've never built a computer before
nor have you built in a computer with a shroud

nice logical fallacy you fucking manchild

You have to take off the front and backplate to add a cable from the PSU to, let's say a hard drive.

Why am I even explaining basic shit to you? Shoosh you literal autist.

>no door
>a fucking psu shroud

i thought scandinavians are supposed to have high IQ

>

it has the same door as the R5 you cum slurping cock stick

i'm not talking about the door on the front

i'm talking about the side panel

>calls others low IQ
>can't even see the animated reversible door right in the OP

side panel, you fucking illiterate retard

There is a door, have you checked your IQ?
>psu shroud
They memed the case a bit to rake in cash from memers with money.

>that retarded HDD cage
>can't mount a drive from the front

did they hire a monkey to design it?

LOOOOOOOL you have to buy HDD trays if you have more than 6 drives

what a fucking joke company, THE SHILLS WILL DEFEND this

>5.25" bays

So i have an old define r3, does it make sense to upgrade the case only? Could use the extra features

r4 is unironically better

I really want an R6. Not the tempered glass version though. One of the things I didn't like about the R5 was that the moduvents on the top and bottom looked ugly, but the R6 doesn't have the side one anymore and the top one looks much better.

My current case has too much mesh and openness. I want a nice closed and quiet case.

The R5 is still available

There's nothing on the R6 that warrants buying it over the R5

Most of it is purely cosmetic

I think the Enthoo pro/m has exactly that

r5's hdd cage does not support large drives

fractalshit is like the rick and morty of cases
the cases themselves don't really revolt you, they're just boring and ugly hunks of shit that look like a subwoofer from a mid 2000s premium hi-fi
but the pretentious pseudo-intellectual fanbase that equates an autistic knee-jerk reaction to RGBtard gamer shit to "taste" makes you want to vomit
also fuck fake brushed stainless veneer it's a computer not a kitchen appliance

How many leds have you shoved up into your asshole for the day?

What kind of HDDs are you using that they don't fit in a R5?