Just ordered this for 1 552 sealed. Its the 15 mid 2015 mpb base mode, what should I expect? Do you guys use this?

Just ordered this for 1 552 sealed. Its the 15 mid 2015 mpb base mode, what should I expect? Do you guys use this?

I'd reckon you will be mostly disappointed unless you're the target audience of such a laptop which I doubt as you're posting in Sup Forums

Constant overheating and thermal throttling doing very basic tasks like loading youtube.

I only bought it for browsing the internet, some music and videos, can you guys point out the positive aspects?

Great quality screen, keyboard, trackpad, camera. Good OS especially if you have other apple products it works great with them.

It wont actually throttle unless you’re doing demanding tasks.

Lies, how much is Chinkpad paying you?

Define "demanding." What can't I do without it throttling? Not OP but thinking about getting one of these for decent resale value in a few years

Gaming and editing videos.

Macs. For the brilliant, the inspired. The down-to-business dreamers-up of tomorrow. The high-fliers of the future. There is no alternative. Cut the crap. Anything else is simply wasting time. Wasting precious moments propping up a half-functioning OS. Clunky, convoluted shit-systems. Defunct garbage. Not havin it. Mac OS X, the epitome of computing, setting the standard and raising the bar. Taking things to a whole new level. While nobodypeople hype their dull selves up for building a failure-rig. A gaming loser-station. The mac user is truly a higher tier of person. A refined, intelligent, hyper-creative high-achiever with practical priorities. Unstoppable. Dirty pc peasants fail at life. Nowhere-goers. Stagnant fatasses. Jealous bitchboys. Mac OS X is the supreme, the ultimate, the final perfect choice, Mac OS X.

Anything that makes use of more than 50% of your processor for long than 30 seconds.

i bought a 2015 and then sold it 2 weeks later. osx isnt even perfect at scaling to that resolution and shit like web pages and everything else end up being just blurry enough to hurt your eyes if you have good vision.

and if you use rdp or vmware the screen resolution makes everything literally useless. worst decision i ever made was to buy one of those retina pieces of shit, i went back to my 2011 with matte screen

Why did you buy it for so much when it's already 2 years old almost 3

>editing videos
I thought these were supposed to be good for "creative types" lmao guess not

OP here, the main thing that attracted me was the screen and build quality, Im sure what these shills say is not true. I searched and searched, nothing seemed to come close to this other than the 2016-2017 models, but the lack of ports and the horrible keyboard made me chose this. Yup its a facebook machine as some call it, but thats the only thing I want from it, to browse the web and some music.

The newer models lack ports and have a garbage keyboard.

I own that exact model, typing on it right now. If it's your first time using MacOS, you'll eventually love the shit out of it.

The screen, keyboard and trackpad are top notch and jesus fucking christ, boy, you'll se what 16:10 feels like.

It overheats under demanding tasks (photo/video editing), but the fans kick in to keep it usable with little to no throttling. If you want to avoid overheating during web streaming services or YouTube, stay away from Firefox and use mainly Safari and Chrome.

Also, check out Spectacle for window management. It's extremely useful.

Enjoy the last good MacBook Pro, man.

t. I don't know what I'm talking about

go check your fucking eyes

Do you also ahve the base model? I dont plan on using any other browser, also dont plan on updating os ever. I live in Eastern europe, this shit is super rare here brand new sealed, also I have 2 year extended warranty, when I checked the serial number It stated that it was build in the second half of 2017, so hopefuly I wont have the notorious display stains...

Then buy a Chromebook, lol

Doesn't justify paying 1.5k for a 2 year old laptop, you can easily find it for much cheaper
But whatever it's your money

I like the new keyboard it's nice to program on

where

Romania

>$1500
>2015 model
lolwat

You're gonna love it OP. Don't listen to the majority of retards on /g. I just got mine 2 months ago. Love it. never going back. Seamless, stable, comfy, chic. Look around all the successful people use Macs because they're too busy with actual work to have to time to fuck around with which distro, which patch, which registry file etc etc. They just open the lid and get to work. People that hate Macs think they're smarter. If they know more about windows it's only because they were forced to waste time learning to fix a problem that would never occur in Mac. Mac is the fucking best.

>what should I expect?

Does anyone know how can I get Diablo 2 to run on Yosemite?

>I only bought it for browsing the internet, some music and videos
should have gotten a chromebook

I wonder why Apple products evoke so much rage in certain people

You never see people shilling actively against dell or HP or whatever. Usually people just ignore brands they don’t like.

Interesting... could it perhaps be jealousy?

I used to post here a couple years ago and remember seeing the name "Jordan" a few times. Why do you tripfag? Are you a mod or something? Or is that your name in IRC or something that other people will recognize you by?

>tidos
Ah, I see. Never mind

Nah, they just basic.

Get better glasses nerd, Firefox couldn't even scale correctly all the time and if you opened pictures they would be blurry because of that. Rdp and vmware is useless unless you have shut eyesight that is a fact.

posting from the same mac but 13 inch

macs suck, they aren't really good for much other than the fact that they come with some tools that make it marginally easier to work with things like audio production and video / image editing. Anyone who thinks that a mac is more productive than a linux system that has been tuned for even just a couple of weeks.

wait for the HD rerelease next year