Apple LITERALLY admits they cut performance by 50% on older iPhones to prevent the chinkshit batteries from causing...

>Apple LITERALLY admits they cut performance by 50% on older iPhones to prevent the chinkshit batteries from causing shutdowns on the iPhone at 50%

Where were you when even Apple admits lagOS updates are malware?

sfgate.com/technology/article/iphones-slow-down-ios-software-update-obsolescence-12442664.php
theverge.com/2017/12/20/16800058/apple-iphone-slow-fix-battery-life-capacity
geekbench.com/blog/2017/12/iphone-performance-and-battery-age/
newsweek.com/why-do-old-iphones-slow-down-new-report-solves-mystery-752874
cnet.com/news/apple-iphones-slow-down-as-batteries-age-says-report/

Other urls found in this thread:

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ITODDLERS ON

SUICIDE
U
I
C
I
D
E

WATCH
A
T
C
H

I bought a new battery with tools for $12 aud and replaced mine in 20 minutes. Phone is faster now. Wow so hard

Android doesn't have this problem

That's because lag droid is naturally slow

>things that aren't true for 1200

Now I have a new iPhone for $12 that still gets updates unlike that.cheap imitation

ah dang it, is that why I cant play dead space on my ipod touch anymore?

Is that you chakku

where did you get it from ? ifag here

Batteries naturally produce less current as they age. The iPhone os reduces the current drawn to prolong the life of the phone at a slight performance cost. Result is the phone has a longer service life. Batteries are user replaceable

That makes no sense at all.

eBay. It's a official battery, shop had heaps of em

That's some PR bullshit.
>"We're making it worse for you so that you can use it longer!"

dam b thanks

That's probably because you don't know much about battery technology or electrical engineering, but it is correct.

Maybe in th glorious world of iphones, but in the real world current doesn't affect performance.

I wish I had a face

The slowest part of android is thhe keyboard.
Nobody cares about a phones performance in games if the keyboard can lag because the shitheads in charge doesn't know how to make software.

If only there was a way to replace the keyboard.......

No, it's not, it's a common thing in all devices featuring a lithium-ion battery. It would just randomly shut off when outside in the cold or when you start a CPU intensive app. It happened to my S5 all the time.

>current doesn’t affect performance

TOP FUCKING KEK
open one of your andloo system monitors and run an intensive app.

You’ll notice the CPU and battery voltage increase you fucking numbnut

A slowed down iPhone is faster than a full speed android.

ANDREETS
BTFO
T
F
O

SUICIDE WATCH

>Applel LITERALLY forces users to service their own products after intentially gimping them

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ever heard of undervolting? The current is only needed to keep the system stable. Pumping in more current won't make your CPU faster, the opposite actually, because it'll start overheating. Normally you'd want to use as LITTLE current as possible.

It's either slow it down or the device dies as fast as an android does also batteries are cheap to buy and easy to replace and good for another 5 years

>reducing the stress on battery so that customers can get more life out of their purchase is planned obsolescence

It’s literally the fucking opposite.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LITERALLY KEKHOLDED BY APPLEL AND EATING IT UP

>Slowest part is the keyboard
1) that's wrong
2) you can install different keyboards on Android if you really think the Google keyboard is shit

People don't notice the shittier battery because it's shitty to begin with. What they do notice is their device lagging. It's a textbook example of planned obsolescence.

More current is required to reach higher clockspeed, yes or no?

No. It helps, but not strictly necessary.

Get a life dude.

All you do everyday is shitpost about how you hate apple. Why are you so obsessed?

You're brain dead son, wtf

Got cancer from all the ads on those links.

Should really root and put adblocker.

Unless they specifically design the battery to be as anemic and fragile as possible it should be enough to run the phone at maximum performance for as long as battery itself lasts. Batteries can output way more current than necessary for a phone, they just start discharging faster.

You can’t be helped.
Terminally brain dead.

The point is that a DEGRADED battery aka one that has exceeded recommended charge cycles and has reduced total capacity reduces performance.

I would much rather a slightly slower phone that lasted me all day than it be blazing fast and dead by lunchtime.

If you reduce the voltage you reduce the current(because resistance stays the same) but the performance stays the same because it's not fucking related to either of these. This is basic fucking physics.
You can set all of these to the same voltage. If you got very little defects on your chip it will still run.

How can I not? Literally week or so you get applel either intentionally removing something or accidentally fucking up something. Applel soyboi users like you immediately come to their defense to talk about how much "COURAGE" they have. It's hilarious.

Oh cool I’ll set all my frequencies to 800mV. NOTHING CAN GO WRONG

Even the degraded battery will output enough power. As for the battery life, it's just you, see Why would buy an iPhone if you want your phone to last a day? They don't even in the mint condition, unless you literally don't use them.

actually it's basic yield
that's why you're brain dead
you know the stuff but just not thinking straight

Set all of them to 1400. Will the performance increase? No.

Try using an argument next time.

Two year old 5s

6 hours screen on, 20 hours standby. That’s more than a day faggot.
That’s also with a slightly degraded battery, 96% of original design capacity. 1470mAh

Set all of them to 800mv
Will the performance decrease?

>it just werk

No. It could shut down due to the quality of the chip though. Notice how older semiconductors required higher voltages.

>How can I not?

With some reading comprehension, reduced autism and lack of a reality distortion field. Nobody talks about Androshit manufacturer's countless problems because we all know about it. Its a surprise when Apple fucks up, its not a surprise when Android is shit.

So more voltage is required to reach higher clock speeds.

I think we are done here.

Apple should make a thicker design for muscular male hands with 4-6k battery
i don't care if shit is 2-3x thicker, shit would be a lot better this way
Also, my $140 Mi5 lasts 3 days

>unless you literally don't use them
>20h standby
lrn2read

What ar diminishing returns?

More voltage required to make the chip stable. Not to make it faster.

Your phone is also made on a newer process and has double the capacity.

Why are you sitting on your phone all fucking day? Don’t you have a job?

I can’t just dick around all day, I have work to do.

>The slowest part of android is the keyboard.
(You)

>b-b-but It's ok for them to mess up because X is worse!

*breaths in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>slows down to try and hide the fact the battery is failing
>hiding the fact your battery is failing
Apple is being dishonest here. If your battery is failing you should be made abundantly aware of it so you know that it is time to get a new battery but for some reason Apple are trying to hide it from users (potentially because it occurs too early in the phone's life).

So you could just increase the voltage to reach higher frequencies indefinitely! What a neat trick! I should tell PC CPU manufacturers about that.

>iPhone Batteries are user replaceable.

Lol no.

>defending his corporate overlords for free
Can't make this shit up

>iPhone Owners. Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery.

So a year and a half. At about 2 years is when you start to see the performance issues. So after the battery’s lifecycle.

I get paid for dicking around like 90% of my day.

>install $12 chink battery
>take flight
>phone blows up

Because I can. Also not an argument.

>don't install it
>it blows up anyway

Stop misrepresenting what I am saying.
In order for a chip to function properly, you require higher voltage for higher clock speed. This is a fact. When you run a cpu intensive task, more current is pumped to the cpu, increasing power consumption.

Yes there is a point of diminishing returns and yes you can supply too much current and damage processors. But misrepresenting me by saying “hurrdurr infinite overclock” is just fucking disingenuous.

It's the official battery

www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/apple-iphone-8-x-jony-ive-features-tips-misusing-use-new-yorker-speech-a7994936.html

Get off your phone and do something with your life.

That's because the country was being under loved and under clocked. Some of its cores were shut down

>Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles
So about 250 days from what I see of iPhone user habits.

Says who? I've seen enough ebay scams and immitations to be honest

>literally built to be obsolete

The state of iPoos.

You don't REQUIRE higher voltages for higher frequencies. The quality of the silicon decides the voltage, not the frequency.

How did you miss the fucking “to function properly”!?

Otherwise known as “to be stable”

You’re either super pedantic or super fucking dense. Pick one.

>have defective battery
>unable to retain more than 80% of charge in less than a year
>iOS starts throttling back the phone to hide the fact the battery is failing
>miss your chance to get it replaced under warranty because you don't notice
See what I mean? Apple is being dishonest here.

No. You didn't refute his statement because you didn't read. Stop moving goalposts.

Time to go to battery university and learn that all phone batteries do the same thing and have similar life cycles :)

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Like you wouldn't be shitposting about iOS devices getting shit battery life after an update to a newer, heavier OS anyway if they didn't.

If your chip was defectless you wouldn't need to increase the voltage. Gates don't work like that.

>The iPhone os reduces the current drawn to prolong the life of the phone at a slight performance cost. Result is the phone has a longer service life. Batteries are user replaceable
not a butthurt andropajeet in this case but this is yet another case of a similar discussion regarding linux cpufreq governors (most notably ondemand vs conservative vs powersave).
By slowing down the CPU to prolong the battery life you end up extending the amount of time to finish the process which nullifies the benefit of prolonging battery life

so getting a 4s now is a bad idea?

>Pumping in more current won't make your CPU faster, the opposite actually, because it'll start overheating
Jesus christ. You cannot "pump" more current into anything. All you can do is supply said current. Plugging an electrical component to a 5kA rated power supply won't fucking make it blow up. If the component needs 50mA it will draw 50mA from the 5kA the power supply can supply as long as said power supply provides the correct voltage.

>You cannot "pump" more current into anything
Sup Forums is 18+, user.

>Ohm's law states that the electrical current (I) flowing in an circuit is proportional to the voltage (V) and inversely proportional to the resistance (R). Therefore, if the voltage is increased, the current will increase provided the resistance of the circuit does not change.

Read a book, nigger.

>If the component needs 50mA it will draw 50mA from the 5kA the power supply can supply as long as said power supply provides the correct voltage.
And this is why CPUs can change their power draw by orders of magnitude hundreds of times per second, right?

>You cannot "pump" more current into anything.

>HURRRRRRRRRR THE CURRENT REQUIREMENT CAN CHANGE
No shit you fucking faggots The component DRAWS current. You cannot PUMP current into it.

Fuck me this board is getting dumber every single day.

>open cpu utility
>increase voltage
>HURR YOU CANT JUST CHOOSE TO PUMP MORE CURRENT

>The component DRAWS current. You cannot PUMP current into it.
I wonder how much current the air draws.

>>increase voltage
>>HURR YOU CANT JUST CHOOSE TO PUMP MORE CURRENT
You made the cpu draw more current. You didn't pump more current to it.

Explain USB/Ethernet killers then.

Surely the ports would just draw what they need, right?

Don't breathe out.

>All modern smartphones last forever, execpt Apple's!

Sugardaddy Sundar won't pay you for much longer.

So if I connect a battery to your ballsack, your ballsack isn't going to draw any current?

You're confusing voltage (also known as electric pressure) with current. My picture still applies - read a book niggers

bump