Does anyone here use a Redhat distro for their desktop? Kind interested in the security aspect of it

does anyone here use a Redhat distro for their desktop? Kind interested in the security aspect of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

centos.org/
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

apparently Sup Forums hates RedHat with a passion. I'm not sure why though

Guess its because it works without all the fuzz of Gentoo or Arch.
Same reason for Sup Forums hating Ubuntu

nah i've actually heard a lot of people claim that it's an NSA, CIAnigger botnet. I don't get that one.
And no, systemd doesn't count. It's on more distros than RH

>hey Im gonna give this Linux thing a try since everyone says it's free as in freedom And free beer
>buys a distro
Retard

terrabad idea, shit is made for servers.

you want desktop, go either fedora or Ubantu

GNU/Linux*
Linux is a kernel.

It's paid because of the professional, Enterprise support contract stuff. If you want to see what the distro is like for free, try CentOS
centos.org/

Install SELinux on Ubuntu gnome. There you go, a better distro than fedora already.

>please be troll please be troll please be troll

it definitely doesn't just werk if that can be judged by using Fedora

My new work laptop came with RHEL7, but I put Fedora 27 on it instead. I need the newer tools for development purposes. RHEL7 is OK for a regular user though.

Anything Free Software shouldn't be made by a for-profit corporation.

But that's not what free software is.
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

People like you give the whole Free Software thing a bad name, making it seem like a bunch of people who just want free shit (as in beer), and not people who want to be Free (as in Freedom).

I use centOS7 at work

I know that's not the definition of free software, but when it is being developed by a corporate it starts to become corrupt and not respectful of your freedoms. See Firefox and Mozilla for example.

afaik there hasn't been any redhat specific CIA hacking tools shown up on wikileaks so far.

why? it's for servers. i use it all day at work and it's not exactly exciting.

I use Fedora 27 and run Windows 10 in a KVM VM with passthrough. It's pretty cool desu. SELinux can be a bit of a pain sometimes. And my mouse randomly freezes for a few seconds in GNOME. Not sure if it's that or Wayland.

is this the new red cuck shill thread?

they have the fedora workstation for home users

Id say get Kali it's the better security distro

I use RHEL 7.4 in my personal computer at home, because most of my servers at work use it has grown on me; also, don't worry too much about compatibility and dependencies when developing stuff.

It's just like any unix distro, just encrypt your stuff and audit your network traffic.

It can't. Give it a try actually developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download/

the distro where by default the root password is toor?
I think you are misunderstand what he means by security. Not pen testing but a secure install out of the box.

>passionately hate a distro
>have no idea why its used
I want the underageb& to leave.

Red Hat's number one customer is the US government, that alone makes it untrustworthy.