So there's a bit of controversy in the city of Chicago (my current residence)

So there's a bit of controversy in the city of Chicago (my current residence)

dnainfo.com/chicago/20160823/edgewater/chicagoans-rip-arizona-couple-that-moved-out-after-one-day-edgewater

Some 18 year old Yuppies from Arizona moved to Chicago for a grand total of 1 day before being scared back to Arizona

>Brianna Joy White, a YouTube beauty vlogger, and her house-flipping husband Jaelin, both 18, recently moved to Chicago looking to start married life together. By the next day, they were packed up and headed home to Arizona.

>In a video posted to Brianna's YouTube channel, the couple explained from a kitchen decorated with marble counters and stainless-steel appliances how they'd become "homeless" after a "traumatic experience" that ended in a stranger punching Jaelin in the face near the Granville Red Line station in Edgewater.

A bit of background information:

>Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the world: there are distinct neighborhoods that only Whites/Asians, Mexicans, and Blacks live in. Typically, Niggers and mexicans live int he south and west sides of Chicago, while the Whites and Asians live in the Northside
>this is not without exception, as Chinatown is in the south side, and there are many pockets of remaining Irish south side areas
>Conversely, some areas of Rogers park, Edgewater, and Uptown are nigger/gang infested, despite being the northern most neighborhoods of Chicago
>so according to them, the 18 year old guy flips houses and the girl makes fashion youtube videos that each get a million hits and got married in high school

What do you guys think of this? People in Chicago are eating this up right now. Everyone in my office was talking about this.

youtube.com/watch?v=7RAZF4kJIh4

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3755390/YouTube-couple-left-Chicago-one-day-s-dangerous.html
neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods/
liveleak.com/view?i=6e7_1472052900
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uptown is essentially the South Side on the North Side due to the welfare office and mental people. I'm not surprised given the neighborhoods.

>Chicago is one of the most segregated cities in the world
Having travelled extensively throughout Latin America, I very much doubt this.

Not OP, but it is certainly the most segregated city in the US; I wonder how your experiences have been.

Chicagoan here.

Why would he engage a schizo?

>What do you guys think of this?
why on earth would I care some entitled kids got mugged in chicago

sorry they got scared by street douches, but they should have known what they were getting into

I'm a skinny asian kid and I lived in Roger's Park last year. I was totally fine.

I liked uptown because of New Chinatown. I went shopping there because the viets would give me a discount lol

It's been Ok. The last neighborhood I lived in bordered Edgewater, and was much more dangerous. There were shootings and killings all the time just a mere few blocks from me, but the area I was in was gentrified and full of nice white people, with the occasional nigger

Thats the thing. He wasn't mugged. He's a rich affluent privileged 18 year old who was in a train station at night in a large urban area. You do the math. The thing is, everyone who knows even the slightest thing about Chicago knows that area isn't the safest at night. And they especially know to just ignore people and they'll leave you alone.

This kid decided to talk to some rando, then got punched. Because of that incident, they're packing their shit up (look in their video, that apartment is the tits) and leaving, calling themselves "homeless".

My cowerkers were laughing dying because of these two

Apparently the "Americans do small talk to strangers" meme is just a meme in the cities.

And there are neighborhoods of the city where even these kids would have been okay (Norwood Park, etc.). They really should have researched it out better 2bh.

It's pretty easy to know who to avoid in Chicago though. If the guy smells like piss and is watching Saturday morning cartoons in his head, for instance, you probably should avoid him.

So some literal who's go to the wrong side of chicago and pussy out after 1 day?
is this a slow news day

Yeah.

Pretty much

You absolutely should be able to tell who is OK to talk to randomly.

But this kid just lacked common sense.

This bitch has 300k subscribers to voice her opinion on "the violence of Chicago". People here are pretty mad

Yeah, it's rather unwarranted bad publicity IMO, but what are you going to do?

>wrong side of Chicago

The point is the neighborhood isnt that bad. Some areas are shady, and some parts are bad to walk at night, but this is common sense for all major cities in America with nigger problems

The dumbest part is that they called themselves "homeless" because they couldn't handle a single day in the big city. This has nothing to do with Chicago or the neighborhood

Nothing to do about it, seeing as they packed their shit up and left back to Arizona after a single day

Like you don't have to be fuckin' Frank Serpico to keep yourself safe in the city. How many thousands of 17 and 18 year old college freshmen are living in neighborhoods rougher than Edgewater and manage to not get assaulted.

Though when I was going to UIC students got robbed on Roosevelt all the time after dark.

>gets punched in the face
>leaves the state

Wtf?

Good. Keeping hipsters out keeps the city affordable.

UChicago student here. I've been on Garfield Blvd @ the Dan Ryan Red Line stop at 2 a.m. and never felt anything. Probably because Hyde Park is the most heavily policed area in Illinois, 2bh, and being in groups is pretty wise.

Well imagine his point of view. He's in the big city for the first time with his bitch who's a YouTube queen, and they're rich yuppies.

According to the video, Their original plan was to live in a penthouse in the loop (downtown Chicago, one of the most affluent areas) . But since the loop apartment wasn't avaliable until September they "settled" for edgewater

This kid was gonna fail in Chicago like it or not. You can't be this big of a yuppie/target and survive. There's no way

Nigga you live in the bunker that is Hyde Park, you can't say shit. Man I love that neighborhood and school I'm jelly as fuck. Meanwhile my grades weren't good enough so I'm at depaul. I hate this school but love Lincoln Park/the north side.

Especially being so naive; as much as Chicago as a whole isn't the south side, it's still a huge city, and there's bound to be some trouble if you're not that careful.

And yeah, UChicago/Hyde Park is pretty based, though the neighborhood does get a bit insular after a while.

What do you expect from some coddled white yank from a state where absolutely nothing happens?

>wolkswagon

wtf is "house-flipping"

why should we care?

p.s. if somebody randomly talked to me at the street i would take it as an attempt to get money from me and would try to cut it asap

That's what anyone with common sense would do

House flipping is the buying and selling of property to make a profit.

Seeing as he's 18 years old, he probably uses his gf's YouTube ad money/trust fund to buy and sell shitty houses

I didn't hear of this and literally no one is talking about it.

Sounds like white people who want to feel proud with a badge of honor for the danger in Chicago they have nothing to do with and are probably never even around.

Holy fuck the British media is complete dog shit.

Look at their headline. Look at how they're reporting this.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3755390/YouTube-couple-left-Chicago-one-day-s-dangerous.html

Brits are so cucked it's insane

"House flipping" is buying a house, fixing it up, and then selling it for a profit. And agreed.

Also this. A Chicagoan, I've only heard of it on Sup Forums.

Wait, they couldn't handle Edgewater??

Wew lad. Post still stands.

Isn't daily mail a tabloid?

To be fair though, some parts of Arizona are almost utopian so if they are from Scottsdale or something I could see any big city being a major culture shock.

>House flipping is the buying and selling of property to make a profit
and he makes a living of this at 18 and has a qt wife of his same age? 'mirin

>18
>house flipper
>beauty blogger
I mean they look like faggots but what the fuck have I done with my life

>chicago really isn't violent, honest!

But there are already blacks asians and latinos in arizona???

I don't blame them, although I'd leave America and put as much distance between Europe and America and myself as possible.

Good riddance, they would have left when winter hit anyway

Why would you pack everything up and move halfway across the country to a city that pretends it's New York because it's on a large body of water though

>brianna
>jaelin

Do americans deliberately try to give their children the most degenerate names ?

Even by the guy's own story he was needlessly antagonizing someone on the street of a huge American city.

They didn't even file a police report lol.

Edgewater isn't even as """dangerous""" as Uptown, and even that is leagues and leagues safer than the South and West sides.

IDK of him personally, but I'm assuming for lack of evidence to the contrary that he's using parental funds to start it; it's also a pretty risky venture. If he's legit than he's both successful and spineless enough for the Northwest suburbs, though I doubt he'll ever be back in the metro area.

No one ever said that, there's a really concerning shitton of violence in the South and West sides, but the neighborhood in question is safe enough if you don't act really stupid like these people did.

No blacks in Arizona, and Latinos aren't really problematic in Chicago 2bh.

If we were pretending to be New York we'd dump all our trash on the sidewalk and jerk ourselves off about what miserable bastards we are.

Yes, not even memeing

I hate it

Yeah; Jaylen Smith should be an indicator as well.

>clueless redneck goes to a big city

What a bunch of retards

MAYBE DON'T FUCKING SPORT THE JUST BIEBERON HAIRCUT YA KEKOO

The bad neighborhoods in Chicago are literally among the worst in the world.

That being said, the neighborhood they were in is very mild.

>a "traumatic experience" that ended in a stranger punching Jaelin in the face near the Granville Red Line station in Edgewater.
>stranger

guess the race

oh, i recall a poem (or a "poem" if you please) about chickago, it's from an anthology of american poetry which i have read once:

>They tell me you are wicked and I believe them, for I
>have seen your painted women under the gas lamps
>luring the farm boys.
>And they tell me you are crooked and I answer: Yes, it
>is true I have seen the gunman kill and go free to
>kill again.
>And they tell me you are brutal and my reply is: On the
>faces of women and children I have seen the marks
>of wanton hunger.

>House flipping is the buying and selling of property to make a profit.
>"House flipping" is buying a house, fixing it up, and then selling it for a profit. And agreed.

i see, ty

that guy likely had rich parents

schizo

Depaul is full of sloots tho. Literal slags

t. Depaul pussy pounder

>complaining about getting punched
It was just a bit of banter

Carl Sandberg, I assume? He made many poems about the city, one in which he lived for many years.

WHITE GIRL GON DIE IN CHIRAQ YEA DAS RITE

Nope

neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods/

>24. Chicago, IL (S Pulaski Rd / W Adams St) 57.90

Entire cities in South America have a violent crime rate double that.

yeah

my favorite of his is "grass" though and also "limited"

Yeah, those are pretty good poems; I visited his birthplace in Downstate Illinois, and it was bucolic.

>bucolic.

your mom's a fucking bucolic

>#24 out of thousands of cities isn't among the worse

Oddly enough not even the biggest shithole in Illinois (East St. Louis is #8). But yeah, it's pretty bad out there.

>Brazilian vocabulary

>out of hundreds of thousands neighorhoods

Fixed

>implying bucólico isn't a word in Portuguese

People in Chicago are okay with this shit and laugh at that kind of misfortune?
God why do people even live in big American cities?
Is there even a single good one that lasts good for more than a decade?

We're not laughing at their misfortune nor condoning any actions, we're mildly ridiculing them for their naivete in a mild part of the city, especially since it seems that they provoked him.

Even with shit areas in London or entire shitholes like Hull or Liverpool you won't find "no go areas".

I don't know... I always find the USA very depressing and an unattractive place to live in many ways.

Is this the newest ranking? A couple years ago Chicago had 4 in the top 10 including #1.

Trung pls

this bitches bf can't protect her

bet she's dry as the grand canyon

needs to feel my BWC desu

Ridiculing is laughing
They're naive yes but for fucks sake I wish more Americans were naive because that'd mean our country was actually a safe one

Well, much of it can be attributed to guns and drugs, 2bh. I know the UK doesn't really have any of the former, but how big is the black market drug trade.

The thing is you can't really be naive in a big city because stuff like this happens.

Stuff like this does not happen in other big cities of developed nations
It's purely an American problem
Do you ever here about this shit in say Tokyo?

Those are out of American cites, you said in the world. There are far worse neighborhoods in Venezuela and Honduras that are so violent they don't even merit a comparison between any American neighborhood.

I was merely pointing out that your statement was carelessly hyperbolic, just like every other statement about Chicago's violence.

Random assaults are just as common in British cities lol

Hull is a twelfth the size of chicago and that;s not even the metropolitan area which is 4x larger than the city

There's never a reason to go to Englewood in the first place so why lament it? The roughest area a white person goes is probably the United Center

Why are they married at 18?

Whatever white people. Just because you live in Chicago doesn't make you gangsta. Most of the crime involves black victims.

I've lived in Chicago most of my life and have never been attacked by anyone or even mugged. Probably because I don't draw attention to myself like OP guy did and I stay away from the real shitholes. Just look around you and you should be able to easily judge how safe you are.

these

>live near north albany park my whole life
>lots of chinks and muzzies but little to no crime
>last 5 years section 8 housing opens up
>niggers and spic start moving in
>now during the summer hear gunshots at night
>houses and cars constantly broken into
>looking for a place in the burbs

most of the city is a shithole filled with brown people

people and jobs are leaving in droves

we will be the next detroit

leave while you can

either because they love each other or maybe because it's a way to be business partners liek he uses her money for his house speculations (iirc o'henry had a story about that kind of marriage, "strictly business")

Yea violent American cities, specifically Chicago, gave the world the blues, Disney, Playboy, the skyscraper, Linux and modern social work.

It's called dynamism bro.

>blaming guns for how big of a shithole half of chicago is
Remove guns and drugs and you'll just have a bunch of people stabbing each other over street names.

America has a gang culture problem and refuses to fix it.
Ps.Leave my guns alone you dumb fuckers, you've passed enough gun laws in Illinois trying to keep the nigs from noggin.

>commets disabled
faggot

It's been stable at 30-30-30-10 White-Black-Hispanic-Asian since the 1980s, and Blacks are if anything moving out to the burbs. The only major demographic shift will likely be a major increase of Latinos, who are mostly conservative and based in their own right. I doubt we'll be the next Cleveland, much less Detroit.

Agreed. Guns at worst make the problems worse, but aren't at the root of them. Gang culture should be defused (and IMO the War on Drugs should end).

Ukraines cities are horrible as well
Paris and London are startlingly terrible too
Rampant with Algerian and Pakistani ghettos
White people do shit in London too

Why are American males so effeminate?

this to death:
Weren't the Dindus supposed to eradicate each other by now?

Dutch Influence

How did getting punched in the face cause him to become homeless?

WHY DIDN'T THEY CALL THE POLICE AT SUBWAY?

It was a hard punch

Speak for yourself liveleak.com/view?i=6e7_1472052900

He was so traumatized he had to move out right away without getting a new house. The horror.

thisll happen in any big city if youre a yuppie fuck and talk shit to hobos in a sketchy part of town

wtf

He did

>Their original plan was to live in a penthouse in the loop
are they millionaires or something
who just moves to chicago and seriously plans to move to the loop at 18
what the fuck

it's just a click bait stunt

ok, I just watched the rest

>If I walk away he won't punch me
I see this so much and don't get it

no

Rumor has it that the hobos in the Wilson street tunnel are actually Gold Coast millionaires but are too scared to live there because a fly hit them once.