The R6 is finally coming. It has an optional tempered glass side, as was to be expected. It has a vented PSU shroud...

The R6 is finally coming. It has an optional tempered glass side, as was to be expected. It has a vented PSU shroud. The top now has a dust filter, but you can only remove the cover in its entire length, it is no longer modular. It still only has space for two front 140mm fans.

On the plus side, the top and front panels are now metal instead of plastic.
I have mixed feelings about the R6 as a whole. While it does a lot right, I think it could have been better with three 140mm front fans, no PSU shroud, and a modular top.

It seems like for those that don't need E-ATX, TG window, optical drive, and more than three 3.5" drives, the Define S is a good and more affordable alternative. It could also be modded with additional sound dampening mats to make it competitive in the noise reduction.

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ssyiVFtWj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is their marketing video showing off its features.
youtube.com/watch?v=5ssyiVFtWj4

I think cases don't need moar fans and the glass side maymay to show programmable RGBW LED RAM modules also can disappear again.

Three front fans wouldn't hurt IMO, but yeah, the TG windows are just as useless as PSU shrouds. There is a windowless version available, but no shroud-less one.

Would it kill those gay retards to give an extra inch or two so people can route their radiator tubing from the left?

All that watercooling support talk is fluff for causal users so that they think they're buying a case with super upgradabilty when they "eventually" moves away from their clc. But the case is straight up garbage for people actually looking to wc.

>USB C port is $30 extra

Nah get fucked Fractal

>PSU shroud
I don't get the point of these
top mounted PSU maybe if you don't want to have bottom intake/hassle of a bottom filter but what is the point of a shroud that can only make it harder to connect everything up?

it's supposed to be in-built cable management

I would have expected front USB C as well. It's not like it's more expensive to manufacture or they would have to sacrifice other ports for it.

Define Mini is great

Atx is gay

>cable management
>manage your cables by not routing them in the most direct way
I guess sweeping all the dust under a rug is cleaning then

hey m80 I don't work for fractal design

define nano s guys, they need an update of this with tg and usb c

its the same for every other case made this yr. it's horrible. Cables are apart of the pc aesthetic, you shouldn't be hiding them, you should be making them look neat.

I think you should stop shilling your shitty chink tier cases and start making good quality full towers with proper cooling.

How hard is to make a bigger meshify with good internals and cooling as your main focus instead of muh glass panel and shitty rattling from HDD trays?

>need TG

No.

its fine the way it is, i just like the look of tg side panels to see the whole pc guts. might just get some plexi glass.

It looks worse than the R5 and having the vents for a fan on the bottom but not being able to remove the PSU shroud makes no fucking sense.

The shroud only reaches about 2/3 of the way forward. So you could have a bottom fan there and the way straight up would be clear. However, it would still obstruct the air flow a bit, because air doesn't move straight. Especially with two front fans and one bottom fan, there would be a lot of turbulence. That is why I would prefer three front fans like in the Define S. Of course in that case, a shroud wouldn't make any sense either. Literally the only reason for a shroud is optics, and that is not a good reason.

>glass panel to look at your enormous drive bay

it has room for a 360 rad in the front (usually 400-420mm in lenght), modding it for 3x140mm is likely going to be easy

>top and front panels are now metal
You meant the front swinging door? And what's the top panel? There is no top panel on R5, just the 3 removable stuff for the vent

Update the node 804. I don't want an ugly tower.

I definitely would like one without the glass and with a metal side panel.
Gonna do a new build sometime next year and this time around I want to go as sound proof as possible since I'm using speakers a lot more now and my current computer is hella loud.

>bottom mount PSU with a ton of wasted empty space at the middle-bottom and middle-front of the case
It's shit. This meme needs to die.

Top completely sealed or completely open with a fuck ugly vent.

Black front panel on a white case - vomit.

Disappointed.