What are the differences between Brazilian Portuguese and Portuguese Portuguese?

Please educate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-GrrrJWkEpM
youtube.com/watch?v=F7CQOmODWsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fzdobv0N3fM
youtube.com/watch?v=tCMhuN3053o
youtube.com/watch?v=t8-rbTm3VRk
youtube.com/watch?v=MuRbYa3-SsM
youtube.com/watch?v=NboGVqPEXE4
youtube.com/watch?v=VCW9vQaqVF0
youtube.com/watch?v=FB1jprfJm_k
youtube.com/watch?v=53KK6z2EHzM
youtube.com/watch?v=oX-AC_3TOPk
youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8J-M5jYiY
youtube.com/watch?v=HQF3y98zxWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=S6A2rxZ94Xs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=-GrrrJWkEpM

Sorry I can't watch this video she's ugly.

We have bigger dicks.

Braziilians talk with their mouth open, and sound more Spanish. We talk with a lot of closed vowels and thus sound more slavic.

We have the French R instead of the Spanish R

We use pronouns differently "give me" becomes "me dá" em BR and "dá-me" in PT.

We use the 'sh' sound at the end of words for plurals that nobody else can seem to get right. It's very short, and close to a 'j' sound.

We say "de" like "the" and they say it like "dgee"

The languages are mutually intelligible unless any of us speak faster. BR is easier for PT to understand that the other way around, though.

I dunno, the video is annoying and doesn't really clear a lot of things up, since all these rules don't apply to all regions of Brazil. Each region ignores one or two of these rules.

>Brazilians talk with their mouth open

More open*.

You'd be surprised at some people here, though.

>We have the French R
Who is ''we''? Brazil or Portugal?

Flag. Some Brazilians have the Spanish sound, but not all of them.

In Portugal we sometimes use both interchangeably, but mostly rely on a less gutural form of the french one.

i love how shit both flags looks, so fucking sovok and/or african

welp you know proper european english and ebonics-ridden yankee english?

many times worse
only better language in its colonial take is french - acadien, quebecois and cajun, pertaining much of the pre-masonic revolutionary changes

What about Angolan and Mozambiquan Portuguese?

They follow the same version European Portuguese does on paper, but they talk somewhere between Portuguese and Brazilian, with a lot of creole input, particularly in Mozambique.

They sound Ebonic like black Enlgish, but in a nicer way? As in those happy negros, not the thuggish ones.

Macau and Timor aren't even Portuguese anymore, and some hybrid with gook-language.

>but not all of them.
They use the french R in which region ?
youtube.com/watch?v=F7CQOmODWsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fzdobv0N3fM

Brazilian Portuguese also kept a lot of the rules and we've Modernized it after they left.

Same with English in their accents and Spanish too. It's always the case for the coloniser to change their language faster, since they speak it more, and aren't teaching it to a larger population with more inertia and non-native speakers.

>They use the french R in which region ?
Rio de Janeiro. At least on the end of words, like in the first sentence of this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=tCMhuN3053o

"Se você disseRR que eu desafino, amoRR"

That's what I mean by "French". It's softer, but it's in the same place of the mouth, and not the rolled Spanish R.

The thing is, though, in Portuguese we have the hard R (think french) and the soft R (think a stereotypical Indian saying "fry"). At the end of the word, it's meant to be the soft one, but Rio people use the hard one, even though they use the soft in the middle of the word, I believe.

Some Brazilian might confirm or deny this, I'm not sure.

>"Se você disseRR que eu desafino, amoRR"
When the singer says this ?

Brazillians start phrases with a pronoun which is the sign of the untermensch.

brazillians use an inferior, easier for apes to understand version of portuguese

First verse.

If it's easier, try this Euro Portuguese at 2:10
youtube.com/watch?v=t8-rbTm3VRk

Sorry I can't find non-song examples, I really can't find good examples of natives speaking.

Portuguese Portuguese sounds like Russian, Brazilian Portuguese for some reason sounds like French.

Bicha in Puerto Rico means someone who is a cunt.

>Portuguese Portuguese
Portuguese from Lisbon. Sadly, the standard.

Nah, most of the accents resemble Russian. Lisbon's is actually pretty neutral, second only to Coimbra, probably.

Bicha means faggot here.

>Lisbon's is actually pretty neutral
Because you hear it all the time in TVs and stuff. Also that causes all the accents to become progressively more like lisboeta, therefore becoming a slavic language :^)

Mate, I'm from Coimbra. The place where people from everywhere in the country comes to study, so we get the most neutral accent there is, and aside a couple of words, it's identical to Lisbon's.

Lisbon is a shit-hole, but they don't speak all that badly, all things considered.

Brazilian Portuguese
>youtube.com/watch?v=MuRbYa3-SsM

European Portuguese
>youtube.com/watch?v=NboGVqPEXE4

/thread

pic unrelated

>Já Passou
>Livre Estou
kek. Both are hilarious. Good idea for the example, though.

I like our singer better, but they mangled the metric of the song a lot worse.

>Mate, I'm from Coimbra
Ah, ok. Then you already don't pronounce most of the vowels and such. Compare with Porto accent or even someone from the south.

Do you like the eu portuguese version or find it weird?

i like the tuga version

It helps she has a prettier voice and the video is HD.

The accent on the Brazilian one isn't very noticeable so it doesn't really enter the calculations.

Portuguese are White Europeans. Brazilians are mixed mutts.

Portuguese always sounds weird to Brazilians because we feel like you are speaking with something inside you mouth (i.e. egg in the mouth). We also feel like you speak way faster and shorter at the same time.

It doesn't sound bad, but weird.

They're Moors,Aussie

Brazilian is to European as European is to Azorian (at least a couple islands).

It's alright. Yours does sound slow and way too open, like you're talking to someone deaf and with a weird lisp (the dji sound, mostly)

Eu.Portuguese

youtube.com/watch?v=VCW9vQaqVF0

br portuguese
youtube.com/watch?v=FB1jprfJm_k

To be fair though, we're still the Brazilians "white" half, so his point still stands.

All Europeans are considered white.

/thread or get the fuck out

Tugas, when you guys replace the 'e' for an 'a' when speaking, is that a regional accent or do people speak like that all over Portugal?

>araia
>paixe
>vermalho

> EU
youtube.com/watch?v=53KK6z2EHzM
> Brasil
youtube.com/watch?v=oX-AC_3TOPk

You don't know how much of your diaspora we have here right?

>araia
everywhere
>paixe
everywhere
>vermalho
Lisbon and the north. Coimbra doesn't do it, and is often a point of mockery from us to the Lisboners.

Although both "araia" and "paixe" have a very very slight ê in there when said in sentence here in Coimbra, that I don't hear in Lisbon, but it's almost unnoticeable.

I've been there. Andalusians and portuguese people often look like this. You're about as white as people from lebanon

Turks are white

respondes ao bait e mamas uma chapada no focinho

Turks are not Europeans. They have only a tiny territory in Europe, which they conquered. Plus they originated in Central Asia.

I'm sure I have some full on European Turks living in my garage behind/underneath the shelves. My cat is usually waiting for them to come out, though.

Is it true that people from Porto can't say some b syllables and as a result say lisboa as lisvoa?

I like the portuguese version better. Didn't really like the pt-br voice actress.

I'm tired of Rio de Janeiro's accent desu, it's one of the reasons why I never watch anything dubbed.

Not really, I don't think. That's more the areas surrounding Coimbra, and it's the other way around.

They tend to say "Lisboua" and "Puorto". They like to sink their vowels a lot.

Yeah, dubbing sucks. Nobody dubs here except for kids' stuff and we're all the better for it.

you mean the portuguese you export 100% of the time?foreigners learn carioca accent you know...

That's don't change the fact that Turks are Europeans,so white, because they live have a territory in Europe.

Also every human comes from Africa,buddy

All thanks to Rio-based Rede Globo.

Based leaf kike liberal

The other way around. They say f.e. Ovelha as Obelha.

can you stop with the fucking autism?there's no accents in continental portugal
the only thing that happens is with saying João like Jão

I firmly believe they've been homogenizing the country's accent. Northeasterns, for example, which not long ago were known to saying "de" and "te" like it's written (the younger generations) have started saying tchi and dji. Same thing with southerners

>there's no accents in continental portugal
What the hell are you posting user?
youtube.com/watch?v=Tx8J-M5jYiY

>he never watched the dubbed version of Asterix and the Vikings as a kid

I used to dislike the Rio accent until Sabrina Sato reminded me of how ugly the SP accent can be.

>Northeasterns, for example, which not long ago were known to saying "de" and "te" like it's written (the younger generations) have started saying tchi and dji.
I hate this, I have to say. It just sounds so low class.

you really think people talk like that?can't you fucking notice this is forced?

>there's no accents in continental portugal
u wot m8

There are way more subtle than the video sure, but they are there.

Of course not but there's different accents everywhere in the country just travel more in your own country

It's the future we chose, unfortunately.

We should elect 5 or 10 cunts from Coimbra's Letters Faculty and go there and coach some of your reporters for some linguistic reset/update every 50 or so years, to avoid the linguistic drift.

It's not like they are doing anything.

I'm going to trigger you saying in Chaves they call their own town "Txabesh"

no,they say: shhhavexs,like the rest of the country

portuguese is disgusting
brazilians and portuguese are faggots

@63951092
Low tier bait bolu2

@63951092
Bem me parecia que cheirava a paneleiro.

Can You Feel the Love Tonight has almost identical lyrics on both versions:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQF3y98zxWQ (EUPT)

youtube.com/watch?v=S6A2rxZ94Xs (BRPT)

Seriously how can brazilians even say brazilian portuguese sounds better?don't you have a fucking sense of justice?

That timon voice actor takes me back.

Look up "uncanny valley"

None of us has an unbiased opinion on this topic desu

Nós não crescemos ouvindo o sotaque português como padrão, que nem vocês. Simples assim.

To us, it does. To brazilians you sound like you're rattlesnakes trying to swallow your own tongues

Its like american and british english.

99% same when writen except from some orthography (colour vs color in english, prespectiva vs prespetiva)

some differences in vocabulary: like lift vs elevator or chips vs french fries. we sometimes use different words for the same thing but are aware of the meaning in the other side of the atlantic.

pronounciation differs a bit. If you are native its no problem, but if you learned one of the varieties you'll find the other quite different. In my experience its indiferent which one you learn, you will always find the other weird.

>Its like american and british english.

More like european and canadian french.

this To americans, british english sounds posh and intelligent. To us it sounds silly and alien. Probably because we don't consume your culture and media the same way americans do with english media

by "it" I meant european portuguese, obviously

So Brazil is not the place to go to get qt's who think any bullshit I say is automatically sophisticated.

Goddammit Brazil. Throw us a bone here.

the Brazil received many immigrants

mixed all, Portuguese, language indigenous, African, German Italian, Japanese and other

>So Brazil is not the place to go to get qt's who think any bullshit I say is automatically sophisticated
they would anyway just because you're a foreigner from yurop, and they may even find your accent cute. But tbchwy they'd be more impressed with europeans from richer countries

Just go to africa, same shit, you're literally fucking a nigger fucked by your ancestors.

Fugg. If I was rich I'd be in easy mode here already.

Africa doesn't have qt's. It has cooties.

mixture of languages, ethnic mix

The way you guys speak, with "tu", the pronouns, etc., is considered sophisticated, but the accent is alien. If you speak like a portuguese but using a brazilian accent, you'll be considered fancy and sophisticated.

Here in the favela, fuck!

>with "tu"
people use "tu" here almost exclusively in Rio Grande do Sul. doesn't sound all that sophisticathed to us

But not with the right conjugation.

Same as spaniards writing junta as xunta and borracho as borratxo. Ay me cago en la leche.

Same as France french with Quebec french and yank english with scottish english.

And scottish english is bastardly spoken just like dutch a.k.a. bastardized spoken German.

They don't either. Have you ever actually listened?

>But not with the right conjugation.
What's up with that?
Also do brazilians even say "isto" and "este" anymore? It's seems you only use "esse" and "isso".

We conjugate the "tu" correctly (tu és, tu foste, etc), just not the "vós" in a lot of places. Interior Portugal still uses it, and it sounds great and is contagious as fuck.

A dad of a friend uses it and after speaking to him I start using it too. It's scary, because I don't even know the proper conjugations, but they come to me.

>What's up with that?
but youi don't either. I rarely see portuguese people saying "tu vais", and when it comes to the plural, the second person "vós estais" is pretty much dead

>Because you hear it all the time in TV and stuff

Isn't it normal for languages to have an accent that is considered unaccented? If that makes any sense.