Day 4. After the malware fiesta which UO saved us from, gookmoot has now fucked the archive!

Day 4. After the malware fiesta which UO saved us from, gookmoot has now fucked the archive!

desuarchive.org/desu/thread/2700/

We're in for a wild week it seems.

Other urls found in this thread:

archived.moe/qa/thread/786936/#789006
qbin.io/ey07kl46
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

two weren't enough

I hate this gook faggot so damn much.

Actually just came to Sup Forums to look for any threads about this

Looked in umatrix and those shady domains are gone. What does that mean my Sup Forums friends?

I bet he's doing this to try to stop shit sites like sup-forums from copying threads and filling them with sketchy advertisements and malware. That's what Sup Forums is for now.

Do you use UO too?

yessir
I actually got them both just because of this shitshow

>those shady domains are gone.
They're still there for me.

They don't show because the script that loads them is blocked.
They are definitely still there.

Then it's UO that has the fix which stops the inline script from connecting to those sites. That's why you're not seeing it anymore.

Ahhh I see, thank you

>The goyim don't know when there are no traces.

Fucking christ, why can't this chink just leave the site alone

Sounds like a case for tor.

Of course you'll want a real long term solution, but for now it should work. Just checked 5 endpoints at random and none are blocked.

Who is this Jap and why should I care

>turn UO on on Sup Forums
>CSS is nuked
Am I forced to use Umatrix? Chrome user btw (yes, I know, >chrome)

Purge your uBlock cache and then update your filters.

are we finally heading back to the good old days? before archives totally defeated the purpose of the site?

im not going to be that upset. if you want to archive a thread or two, cool. but to have a persistent catalog of every shitpost here, it's against the nature of Sup Forums. ephemerality

Thanks, I still get nuked though. Damn gook.

Worse, he's outright ignoring this on twitter

I agree, but this doesn't justify what the gook is doing.

jesus christ

I think what gets me the most is that this fucking piece of shit hasn't had the decency to pop in and say ANYTHING. In the past, moot could be getting rammed by two traps and a Tyrone, and he'd still stop by and update everyone. Even if Hiro just says "we're doing this; you can eat a dick if you disagree", that's better than radio silence.

This is just unacceptable behavior from a website owner/admin.

He's just following the PR 101: Stay silent and eventually the shitstorm will die off and nobody will remember

What's the next step in his plan from here?

Weird, updating the filters did the trick for me. uBlock doesn't even show any connect to them at all.

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Remember how many people warned us about his shady history with 2chan? He's just trying to exploit users again and keeps silent about it and when he does say something he's always pretending to only speak broken ass English.

I don't know, but even when I turn off UO I don't see any ad in catalog or thread and this is what the console gives me.
Unsafe eval is a 4chanx thing, so if I had to make a guess 4chanx is blocking the ad resources and the script that goes with it? In this case I might be okay without UO, but I'm unsure.

Purged caches, updated and they still appear in firefox. The weird part is, they don't show up in chromium.

Gomenasai, can't speak engurishu

I had the script load from cache sometimes, try clearing browser cache also.

I never got any broken CSS, just saw some broken ads. On Chrome. Updated Ublock Origin. Added some script to tampermonkey. Nothing has reappeared. I use Appchan X over Sup Forums X too, dunno if that matters.

i dont use archives or care to. plus people who are savvy enough have already found a way around the scripts, ads and/or (possible) malware.

i mean the guy didn't invest tens of thousands in this website for altruistic reasons and in the end it only effects normies. unless im missing something, what's the big deal about this? seems like literally nothing

That malware bitcoin miner in Sup Forums was just retards who refused to post any proof as to why they thought that.

Yeah google is sketch, but has Sup Forums ever not had google?

Get off this board

Do two botnets counter each other?

>why should I care
Because you fucking weeb have been attentionwhoring for over a year, mayhaps?

The gook may try to dodge our filters but we find a way to block his shit.

LOL

haven't been around, whats UO?

Ultima Online

Hehehehe.
Shadow profiles and targeting ads.

uBlock Origin

Sup Forums thread on it just 404'd

Holy fucking shit, the absolute madman is really doing it

in a private window, firefox still brings up the domains.

Here's a new one

so what's the fix for css getting nuked if i block smcheck, piguiqproxy and amgload?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Use ubo, that's the only way. Then you might have to reload every so often (it's timing-dependent, which is why I'm still not convinced it's correctly blocking everything, but that's the best we can do right now).

Installing Ublock

Jesus fucking Christ, he's clever enough to sell archives as premium feature, but somehow doesn't know how to stop malicious ADs, makes me think he's a lying cunt.

HE PLANNED IT ALL ALONG

Yeah I have it. Despite all of this, it still gets nuked a lot and I have to constantly refresh catalog/new threads.

Go ask 5ch how to kill the witch.

I've had a Sup Forums pass since they launched and I don't think Sup Forums archive pass featuyre is too bad, SA has a siumilalr suystem

Try disabling *$inline-script,domain=Sup Forums.org and *$third-party,script,domain=Sup Forums.org as the default ub/umatrix rules should take care of the proper blocking (the ##script:inject rule requires the script to be fetched and injects an early exit into the script so as to fail to load the domains without failing to load the css).

purge cache and update teh filter again in UO

PASS TIME

It's a fucking waste of money and bandwidth, especially when there are others who have archives running for free.

So Sup Forums where do we go?
Infinity?
Lain?
Arisu?

>new advertisements that bypass the UO fixes
>blocking the new domains breaks the site again

getting tired of this shit

As much as I love the archives, I'd also love if we could go back to the time where anything you post on Sup Forums actually no longer exists on the internet the next day.
This is fucked up though

meguca

>It's a fucking waste of money and bandwidth, especially when there are others who have archives running for free.
I have not been able to successfully bypass recaptcha for many years, only for a few months could a greasemenokey sciprt solve em

That is already fixed.

Does anybody know his physical address?

Can't you just copy everything from the archive then? How would he prevent someone just copying the archive

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, no luck.

Already did it around 50 times. As you can see in the screenshot, I have the updated line in the "uBlock Filter" thing.

I'm starting to think it's like said though. There are some times where I can reload a page 10 times in a row with no problems, and others where it'll take me some 20 reloads to get in.

What about "The Team", what are those fucks doing about this whole fiasco?

kek

Who are they?

There used to be no archives that archived entire boards.
There were sites that would let you archive individual threads but everything else was gone forever.

I use a greassmonkey theme, umatrix/uo and 4chanX/AppchanX. Both instances work fine.

He didn't buy Sup Forums to lose money on it. The guy was shady as fuck when he was running 2ch and outright sold people's data on the black market. He's not a philathropist. He's an actual criminal.

You're screenshot shows your my filters page. You have to purge your cache at 3rd-party filters.

A bunch of mods that took over when moot sold the site, I had the impression that they were the ones doing most of the management of Sup Forums and hiroyuki had a hands off approach.

Do something Sup Forums

Yeah I know user. As I said, I've done it. Here's a screencap of the line that it's supposed to add, line which "supposedly" fixes everything (unless this is not the line I'm looking for?).

quoted the wrong guy, meant for

>poorly made liveposting board
No thanks.

>Then you might have to reload every so often
I had to do that at first but it's no longer happening. ublock + 4chanx

rude

Soo..how the fuck do I fix CSS on PC?
Mobile Sup Forums doesn't seem to invlude those spying scripts.

Sup Forums thread died again.

crack open that brackets son

Somebody deleted the thread on Sup Forums again.

distributed archiving aka. botnet

>standalone archiver program that users run all over the world on their computers, schools PC lap computers, random servers etc
>the archive botnet tells the programs to fetch this and that
>program fetches it and sends it to the botnet
>archive program puts pieces together
>it's like 1-1 normal requests from normal places, nothing suspicious
>includes mobile app so dumb phoneposters can finally be useful

Who makes the logo?

Here's what's going to happen.

In a few days, maybe on Boxing Day, hiro will make a big stickied thread on /qa/. He'll say that because of the rising costs of running Sup Forums and something something net neutrality, he had to switch to a shadier ad provider last week. But he's Heard Your Feedback™, and is now going back, so all is well.

However, that still leaves him very sad :( because Sup Forums now costs literally six billion dollars every month to maintain, so unfortunately he still has to look into alternative revenue, and as such archives will now be a paid feature. But don't worry - it's only $10 - $5 until February if you buy a Pass at the same time, so he's practically giving it away! - and remember, you didn't like it when he had literal malware ads running, so that means you have to like this alternative (that he made up).

Also throw in something about how much bandwidth Sup Forums uses to get some delicious, distracting infighting going on.

Does every board have a thread about this now?
It should probably all just go on /qa/ but Sup Forums is also fine.

lainchan org/Ω/res/6578.html
qbin.io/ey07kl46

meguca!

>major shit going down
>lets contain it on the board that exists to be ignored

Hey fags. Have you ever thought of running distributed imageboard software that makes shit cost 0 dollars?
Everyone hosts their own post content on their local machine. You go offline, your posts go offline.

We just need to leave. It's his website and he has every right to do what he does.

Thanks for the input, Hiro.

All moot had to do was delete Sup Forums

Just delete Sup Forums and the last four years would have never happened

No gamergate
No trumptards
No Hiro

He didn't even care about free speech so why the fuck didn't he just delete it

dont ever post anything sensible again

What I'm supposed to see here?