Give me an honest reason why you don't use windows 10 and are still using windows 7

give me an honest reason why you don't use windows 10 and are still using windows 7.

>muh botnet
windows 7 was arguably just as botnet as windows 10 is, not an argument.

>muh aesthetics
aero was ugly but unique. windows 10 is adding transparency slowly.

most of the people clinging to windows 7 are either nerds who are afraid of change or underage teens who want to fit in with Sup Forums.

there's literally no reason not to upgrade. windows 10 is built on 8.1 and 7, it's practically 7 with a different look and synchronization across devices.

>better ssd support
>faster boot times
>snappier interface
>modern apperance
>edge > explorer
>much better hardware support and drivers

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.guru3d.com/threads/compact-gui-resize-your-games-programs-by-60-or-more.417370/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I'm using 8.1 happily and I don't see why I should change my OS considering I don't plan to upgrade my hardware any time soon.
Only autistic people change their OS every week.

> no font settings
> wakes sleeping HDDs for no reason at all
> memory leaks all over the place
> edge is still shit

basically this

>ads in start menu
>rampant spyware
>ugly UI
>forced updates
This is just the beginning.

> still using windows 7
> implying

>better ssd support
don't need it
>faster boot times
don't care
>snappier interface
dumb buzzword
>modern apperance
don't like it
>edge > explorer
don't use it
don't need it

really convinced its worth reinstalling everything and getting used to a new operating system just to play vidya

synchronization across devices? what else would i have windows on but my desktop?

what's wrong with the default font? i've never had any of those issues you listed.

your smartphone is spyware

I switched from 7 to Debian.

runs the shit i need to run and there's a free key under the battery of my old chinkpad

I don't have a smartphone.

It looks like shit and you can't change its size without system-wide DPI scaling which fucks up nearly every application that wasn't built with it in mind.

>Implying I have a smartphone
>Even if I did that has nothing to do with Windows

You can fuck right off with your snappier interface and modern appearance. I'm using classic theme and start button is mostly console input for me.
I'd rather not switch to OS that's actively in development, critical updates is all I need. It hasn't been long since I heard people having problems with newly introduced win10 "features".

and protip if you want a legit thing going for win10, it has modern file compression algorithms, that a largely superior to old ntfs compression available in win7/8
forums.guru3d.com/threads/compact-gui-resize-your-games-programs-by-60-or-more.417370/

/thread

Besides, Edge is still a piece of shit.

>damage control

I'm just not a fan. It's a lot clunkier and has a lot of shitty "features" that bog everything down. Can you disable them? Probably. Do I want to waste time doing that? Nah. No Point.

When Windows 7 stops being supported I will just get a Mac or something.

>using windows

botnet

some of us have JOBS playing games!

Because I use GNU/Linux on my desktop and only use a windows vm with a dedicated gpu for video games that don't work in wine and some weeb games do not work on windows 10 but do on 7

It's shit, offers nothing I want or need, and frankly fuck Microsoft and their scummy business practices

They've changed the format at least. Friendly reminder to report this and move on.

wew, thread over on the first post.

>give me an honest reason why you don't use windows 10 and are still using windows 7.

I'm not using Windows 7; I'm using Windows XP. Checkmate, shitlord, this thread is dildos.

>windows 7 was arguably just as botnet as windows 10 is, not an argument.
>"it can be argued that windows 7 is just as botnet as windows 10, this cannot be argued"

confused_will_smith.jpg

>windows 7 was arguably just as botnet as windows 10 is, not an argument.
Why would someone lie like this? You're the only one here with no arguments.

>botnet
>explorer crashes
>start menu doesn't always work
>performance is better on win 7
>cleaner / more usable UI on 7
>search works on 7

I7-2600k, SSD. Fresh installs. Win10 sucks, at least on older hardware.

i don't need it. i use mainly linux, windows for games, and win8.1 does the job. i don't feel like going through all of the research and exploration that comes with new os, all of that for zero new features i'd want

>windows 7 was arguably just as botnet as windows 10 is
windows 10 is ALWAYS LISTENING AND WATCHING with faceID/winHello and cortana, win7 didn't have either of those gimmicks

that and how many people have mentioned that win10 will reboot whenever it feels it needs to update, there is no control over the OS as an end user

I don't spend much time on Sup Forums, this is probably my first post.

I use windows 7 because I know the operating system well, and it works with everything I care about.

Windows 10 has flaws that will be weeded out by the community and developers over the years as they're discovered/complained about.
I'll consider swapping after that.

Because paid shills.

>better ssd support
Nice, but SSDs are reserved for my linux laptop
>faster boot times
>implying
It boots fast and then rises disk usage to 100% for updates
>snappier interface
Ok
>modern apperance
Ok
>edge > explorer
Ok
I dont need them, I wont spend my latest hardware on a office desktop

Because I want my computer, not M$ computer.
And I like classic UI more than metro shit.

>>windows 7 was arguably just as botnet as windows 10 is
only if you install the telemetry patches. On 7 you can actually refuse to install them, unlike 10 where you're upgrading whether you want to or not.

>aero was ugly but unique. windows 10 is adding transparency slowly.
Aero is just as much of a pile of shit as The Interface Formerly Known as Metro. But in 7 you could select Windows Classic, in 10 you can't.

SSDs are fast enough. Boot times don't matter. (if they did, people would love systemd!) Interfaces are made non-snappy by animations, which both Aero and Metro feature. Modern appearance is fucking disgusting. Nobody uses Edge, why the fuck would they? Everything still has drivers for 7.

Fortunately, the only thing I have to use Windows for is vidya. Everything else I can do on Linux, and I've confined Windows to a machine whose only purpose is gaymen. I don't need it for anything else.