Fully finished Star Citizen WILL bring your "enthusiast e-peen" hardware to it's knees

youtube.com/watch?v=uQTcf2bnRhY

Squadron 42 minimal system requirements for 1920x1080 at 60Hz were published just now.
>VERY LOW settings:
>i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz or FX 8350 @ 4.4GHz
>16 GB single-ranked DDR3 at 1333MHz or better
>4GB GDDR5/GDDR5X or HBM/HBM2 video memory (GTX 1050 Ti or Radeon RX 460 highly advised as the very bare minimum)
>fast modern SSD VERY STRONGLY advised (500+ GB or more)
>ONLY 64 bit Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10

Again - this is all BARE MINIMUM requirements and MOST LOWEST settings. Star Citizen is the new Crysis of PC games.

PC GAYMEN MASTURRACE!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pss05/terrible_star_citizen_performance_on_dualxeon/
youtube.com/watch?v=RdrGvTm6xDg
youtube.com/watch?v=mGcG0g7GsOI
youtu.be/OBYRIZA44Eg
youtu.be/IHUbzzKJXBc
youtu.be/8IcPsIwC-pU
tentonhammer.com/columns/getting-into-the-star-citizen-alpha-beta-in-2014-best-method
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cryengine is a very optimized engine, the game looks very good and is huge.

also
>i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz or FX 8350 @ 4.4GHz

We're in 2017, that's very weak for today's standars

gaymes XD

Grow up billy, mommy and daddy will kick you out sooner or later. Better start working at mcdonalds to save that money for first month's rent in your uncle's shack/small closet.

I bet it doesn't really need that much.
Besides, this belongs on sage

>We're in 2017, that's very weak for today's standards
That's BARE MINIMUM, the LOWEST OF LOW as you can go to even make this thing load at all after it goes goes gold. That's not "very weak at all", in that regard. With such BARE MINIMAL requirements, imagine what it'll ask of you on "Very High" or "Ultra".

People still buy into this scam game?

Taking into account the newest generation of tech;
>a fucking i3
>16GB RAM
>a midrange GPU
>an SSD
>an OS from the past five years

None of this is in any way surprising.

Considering what it requires of you at lowest possible settings, just imagine what it'll ask to run this at medium and especially Ultra. And that's just while at 1080p, not even 1440p or 4K. And we already know that Star Citizen can go up to 8K right now, which was done by people some time ago.

>lowest possible settings,
>1920x1080 60hz

You can max it out right now and get a solid 60fps if you play offline though, and that's more representative of SQ42. The reason the game runs like ass at the moment is because Cryengine was made for small maps and has jack shit for culling, once that gets fixed it shouldn't actually be massively intensive.

It doesn't go lower than 1080p. Probably would crash or don't load properly if monitor's not supporting that resolution.

Brainlet

So, what's this meme game about? Any screencaps? Shill to me.

>You can max it out right now and get a solid 60fps if you play offline though
No, that is unfinished game with most heaviest effects absent (and Alpha state, remember?) and we're talking about minimal requirements for Squadron 42 after it goes GOLD, with ALL graphics intact. What you're currently "maxing out" in Alpha, is not even Squadron 42's "minimums", as very big chunk of graphics/animations/effects is missing. This is also the reason why people are currently able to run Alpha at 4K and 8K. After this thing goes gold, not amount of monnies and OverClocking could save you. I personally wouldn't be surprised at-fucking-all if you'd be getting something, like, 4~12 FPS in Squadron 42 with Threadripper 1950X and two most best 1080 Ti available out there, while """""running""""" it maxed out in 4K (not even mentioning 8K).

>The reason the game runs like ass at the moment is because Cryengine was made for small maps
They've been on Lumberyard for awhile now, and that one doesn't have problems with large space.

That's your family name? Why you're telling me this? Well, nice to meet you, I guess.

Stars and Citizens I reckon

The goal is pretty much a space simulator. You know the kind of environmental interaction you get in "immersive sims" like Deus Ex, Prey, Dishonoured, System Shock? They're aiming for that level of interactivity. A game where you can grab a crate from a space station, put it in your ship, fly it down to a planet and then drop it out the cargo bay mid flight to smash someone in the back of the head.

>32 threads being saturated OR necessary for any modern game

Great fucking bait. AC Origins, the game known for retarded CPU usage, sits at something like 60% on my 1700 at stock clocks. SQ42 isn't going to need three times that, and I don't think they could multithread it that well anyways. They said they were targeting hexacores.

Also, SLI is a goddamn meme.

This guy makes it sound like there's no game. There is one, it's a big MMO with combat and bounty hunting and trading and mining and salvaging, etc. It's just not done yet. There's a livestream today at some point about the singleplayer, should be good.

tfw you didn't spend any money on this crap

It's not a bait, you dumb fuck. Star Citizen fully implements DX 12 and Vulkan, and has Mantle support. It'll load as many threads and cores as it can, the more the better. Under what rock you've been living, you ignorant shithead? It's been known for years now that Star Citizen will be loading all cores & threads it'll get thrown at it.

Low requirements for 2020 when it actually comes out.

It's never supported Mantle, they dropped their plans for DX12 support and it hasn't moved to Vulkan yet.

reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6pss05/terrible_star_citizen_performance_on_dualxeon/

Took me ten seconds. Sean Tracy also said on record that they're not focusing on anything past 8 cores, because the diminishing returns make it pointless.

That's the singleplayer, i.e. far less ambitious and definitely coming out sooner.

>too lazy to optimise
>heheh, our game is the next crysis guys ;)

>far less ambitious
>Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, Andy Serkis, Gary Goldman, and many more first-class Hollywood stars are already on board

That's a warning sign by itself

Hollywood actors =! tech ambition, sorry for not clarifying. There's nothing particularly revolutionary in the singleplayer, and more importantly all the big changes that needed to be made for it to work are mostly done.

Not a problem, nVidia can just retract their statement that a Titan V is not for gaming. I mean a Titan V is probably not enough.

>>Sup Forums

>Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, Andy Serkis, Gary Goldman, and many more first-class Hollywood stars are already on board

Expect a pile of SJW religion faeces instead of a proper game.

>=! tech ambition
>There's nothing particularly revolutionary
Did you even watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdrGvTm6xDg

youtube.com/watch?v=mGcG0g7GsOI

By the time this game comes out, those will be low requirements.

>fully finished
Ahahaha

It doesn't looks amazing either, I'm okay with crazy system requirements as long as graphic near realistic quality.

Squadron 42 comes out in ~2 years tops. And these are ALREADY "bare minimal lowest requirements", can't you fucking read?

Meant to say Squadron 42 first, but it's the same thing anyway.

Came here to say and I honestly think it's a good thing. If you need mid-range hardware for low today and might barely be able to run 1080p max settings on the highest-end meme hardware, then by the time the game releases, low will be fine on low-end hardware, and max on 1080p will be comfortable on something 1070 equivalent, and meme highest-end rigs will be completely fine with 4k+. If, on the other hand, modern toasters could run the game and a modern meme rig could max out everything at 4k 144fps, that would be cause for worry.

How low would the resolution and framerate have to be for me to play this with an i5-3450 and a GTX 280 ?

Singleplayer space campaign is a shit ton more achievable than a massive open MMO, if they're going to fuck up it'll be on the latter.

>GTX 280
It won't even load.

God fucking damnit they delayed the stream until tomorrow. I wanted more cool tech showcasing.

CPU is doable, GPU is definitely not. I doubt you'd even get 480/30.

So you're saying my 2009 computer can run it?
wew.

Why isn't this thread on Sup Forums?

I once got Planetside 2 to run with a playable frame rate on Intel laptop integrated graphics from about 2008 by dropping the resolution down to about 192 x 108 (possibly lower, can't remember).
It was impossible to distinguish what anything was more than about two meters in front of your face because there simply weren't enough pixels to describe it.
Anything's possible if you have API version compatibility.

>I doubt you'd even get 480/30
It won't go lower than 1080p in settings after it's released, they've already confirmed it. 1920x1080 will be the lowest resolution possible.

1. literally v
2. it looks like shit

>Gary Goldman

It's more tech orientated than actually talking about the game.

At no fucking point has any developer ever said "we're going to support arbitrary resolutions EXCEPT BELOW THIS ONE". Source me up or fuck off.

youtu.be/OBYRIZA44Eg

Looking like shit is the one thing people universally agree this game doesn't do.

Because it's system spec shitposting. It is nice to see a dev recommend an SSD for once, I don't think I've ever seen that before.

>At no fucking point has any developer ever said "we're going to support arbitrary resolutions EXCEPT BELOW THIS ONE"
Just as games of the past had limitations for, say, 800x600 or 640x480 in in-game settings (I never said anything about modifying/rampering with .ini files, ya know), so will have Star Citizen after it goes gold. 1920x1080 will be Star Citizen's equivalent of "Freelancer's most lowest available resolution".

> 1920x1080 will be the lowest resolution possible.
But why? The default state of every render engine I've ever encountered is to allow pretty much any resolution of with more than two digits in each size.

They would have to deliberately take the time to disable

>really weird faces and people
>bad animations
>bland artstyle
>textures look a little fuzzy, probably because of artstyle

>But why?
See . It's basically cutting off support for "legacy garbage", moving forward, pushing envelope and industry with it. It's time to let go, man. 4:3 and 1600x1200 are dead.

0/10.
You need to try way harder than just that, kid.

That's not the way hardware scales you fucking autist.

>Squadron 42 comes out in ~2 years tops

Post your source or fuck off. There is no logical reason for them to do this, especially considering 3.0 has all the new HUD and that goes all the way down to 640x480.

>textures
>fuzzy
Biggest issue the game has at the moment is no AA, the textures are fine.

You don't have to manually support lower resolutions if your UI scales, and if it can support arbitrary resolutions (it can) then it scales.

>It's basically cutting off support for "legacy garbage", moving forward, pushing envelope and industry with it.
Could you pack any more marketing buzzwords into that?

But no, that's clearly not the reason. The reason is just dickwaving, Star Citizen has built itself this image and cult of personality around being this no-compromise paragon of technological advancement and they're found a near zero effort way of pretending they're taking a hard line for the good of technological progress.

SQ42 isn't the retardedly ambitious MMO mate, it's a singleplayer campaign. It's believable.

Nigga they're not doing it, stop believing a guy who said that it had Mantle, Vulkan and DX12 support.

This is not about hardware, you dumb fuck. Learn to read. Developers write down resolution limitations in game settings. This was always a thing in the past, where most DX9 games usually were limited to 640x480 as the lowest resolution. Now Star Citizen tries to tell us that their 1920x1080 will be the new "640x480". Get that through your dumb thick empty skull. No one said anything about hardware, it's on software's, game's side. They're wanting to finally cut off the legacy resolutions and monitors by making 1920x1080 the new minimal standard.

Wait why I need a 500gb ssd? Is the game gonna be 300 fucking gb or something?

>that it had Mantle, Vulkan
Vulkan is LITERAL Mantle 2.0

It's 40-something at the moment. I'd be amazed if it was under 100 but it isn't going anywhere near that, no.

You're retarded, there's no reason for them to arbitrarily limit low resolutions. Post a source or fuck off. I know you won't, because you're talking out your ass.

By the time SQ42 and Star Citizen hit shelves, the 2700k will be 10 years old. It's literally nothing. OP is a fag, as always.

Squadron 42 will be 100GB and Persistent Universe at least 150GB, they've already confirmed this before. It's also always good to have extra space on SSD so that it can "breathe", with no hiccups due to latency and etc., the more spare cells the better. They're basically recommending it as a safe measure, an insurance of sorts.

>SQ42 isn't the retardedly ambitious MMO mate, it's a singleplayer campaign. It's believable.

They said it was gonna release in 2016. Nope. Then it was 2017. Now that's not happening. This company is a joke.

>By the time SQ42 and Star Citizen hit shelves, the 2700k will be 10 years old
A daily reminder for stupid LAMERS like you:

So I just looked into getting the alpha. I have to pay $45 to play an unfinished piece of crap that's been delayed for years? kek

and you can spend thousands of real money on ships and land you cant use
but its totally not a scam

Blizzard was holding onto "Titan" for how long, again? And what it turned into in the end? Exactly. So shut the fuck up and let it be done WHEN IT'S DONE.

Because they kept adding tech for the MMO which pushed back the singleplayer every time.

>1440p

Stop.

youtu.be/IHUbzzKJXBc

It's long, but for me this video gives the best rundown.

To summarize it...
What Star Citizen is supposed to be: immersive space MMO with hundreds of planets. They want to make ships massive like Star Wars so there can be missions where you find a destroyed one floating in space, jump out of your ship, enter the wrecked one through a hole in hull, take out and pirates/scavengers, steal the hovercraft in their cargo bay, fly it into your ship's cargo bay (which your teammates already opened for you), steal the wreck's remaining cargo, hyperspace it out of there, land on a planet to sell your goods, all with no loading screens.

What Star Citizen actually is:
A $120 million 5+ year sinkhole. Originally funded by a kickstarter promising the game at $2 million over 2 years, they got originally overfunded to $6.2 million. The CEO guy Chris Roberts is a perfectionist swine who's ordered big pieces of the game be "scraped and started over" multiple times. He started charging real money for the in-game space ships, starting at $45 going up to $15,000. He also sought outside investors using the kickstarter money as "proof of consumer interest". Right now, the game is still in alpha, is still broken into pieces, and they still only have what I already described to you: lots of fancy animations of characters climbing into and out of ships, 3 planets, and 2 space stations. No NPCs, no missions, no game, because C. Roberts thinks it's more important to make sure the FPS camera object is actually attached to the head of the character's model in game, regardless of how difficult, expensive, or pointless that may be.

I've been watching this game for a while, still at risk of being permanently stuck in development. I'd buy a ship if they actually got into beta.

>muh framerates

Compare frame times on games that are not optimized to launch on a toaster and get back to me, faggot cunt.

>I'd buy a ship if they actually got into beta
maybe in about 10 more years they'll get there

Officially (according to Blizzard) the vague MMO project "Titan"
was canceled and some of the assets were salvaged to create Overwatch. Are you suggesting that Star Citizen will fail and then it's corpse will be fashioned into something actually deliverable? I think that's about the most realistic outcome anybody's proposed so far.

If they take so long to release, won't the graphics be obsolete or bad by the time it releases, warranting a full rework on the game, which would delay it even more?

There are NPCs, missions and game in 3.0 which is on the PTU. And there's no "pieces" anymore.

youtu.be/8IcPsIwC-pU

Better summary. Worth remembering in general, they're a brand new studio.

I wonder if Roberts secretly hopes the lawsuit will end the game so he has an easy way out of this mess.

It already happened.
It was supposed to be on CryEngine first, then they dropped that trash and moved to Lumberyard, a much better implementation.
Squadron 42 and Persistent Universe were also supposed to be one single game package, but they split it in two separate releases and reworked the concept, spreading the workload evenly (unlike before). The development is now going better than ever.

He's not wrong, that humanzee at the beginning doesn't even reach uncanny valley levels of facial realism, looks like some captain planet 90s character 3d rendered.

Lumberyard is Cryengine, and the games have been separate since at least 2014. Do not confuse them starting to sell them separately with the products initially being separate.

Please, the lawsuit is going to get thrown out because Crytek were too busy fucking dying to give CIG the required support.

yeah because they haven't optimised the "game". you should be running as fast as you can away from this "game".

They already did several times. Initially, according to Chris Roberts himself, basing on the graphics from the very first teaser trailer from Kickstarter build, Star Citizen was supposed to run well in 1920x1080 with two GTX 480, lol. Times changed drastically since then, and Cloud Imperium simply re-configures itself and Star Citizen project accordingly to that, by reworking graphics and adding more things in accordance to surrounding technologies and trends. It doesn't stall at all on fidelity's side, so it'll be as actual as ever by the time it finally comes out.

>the games have been separate since at least 2014
No they weren't you dumb fuck. It happened only recently.

They already reworked all the old shit, everything since 2015 looks up to modern standards. Look up the Freelancer MAX, which was from 2014, compared to the Freelancer, which is 2016.

I think Star Shitizen is a giant money incinerator that will never come out (at least not with any actual depth, I'm sure it could manage an Elite Dangerous release) but I really can't see how you think that isn't a good character render.

tentonhammer.com/columns/getting-into-the-star-citizen-alpha-beta-in-2014-best-method

>You purchase the currently $45 Arena Commander Starter Package. It includes Arena Commander, Star Citizen, Squadron 42
>2014

Did you read my post at all? You did exactly what I warned against.

These are modules descriptions, you dumb fuck.
Back in the days and until just recently Squadron 42 was a module INSIDE one game, you dumb fuck.
They've SEPARATED it completely from the said ONE game and made it into a SECOND, SEPARATE, STAND-ALONE game.
Initially you were supposed to play Squadron 42 from ONE game's menu, and by finishing SP you and some of your stats/ship were automatically transferred into Persistent Universe.
But NOW that's gone, as SP is a fully separate game with no transition to MP. From NOW you'll be just installing Squadron 42 as a separate game and play it for the story, then when story finished that's it. No transitions to PU. Squadron 42 is a prologue, a separate game akin to training mode, a preparation for PU, and PU is a separate MP game where the real shit will be.

>Initially you were supposed to play Squadron 42 from ONE game's menu, and by finishing SP you and some of your stats/ship were automatically transferred into Persistent Universe.
So they've removed what, uploading your SQ42 save file to the PU server? Big deal.

They've fully separated Squadron 42 from ONE game. The ONE game had BOTH the SP and MP inside of it, one game .exe file. Now Squadron 42 will be separate .exe, and PU it's own .exe, not accessible from the single menu. Basically before it was supposed to work like Freelancer's SP and MP worked, but now it's two separate games.

>The ONE game had BOTH the SP and MP inside of it, one game .exe file.
If this is actually a significant difference there is something deeply wrong with your engine and/or game code.

No, they just distributed the development sources and manpower evenly now, while in the past basically entire team was working on each part little by little. Essentially there's now two big teams - one works strictly on SP, and other strictly on MP. This is what allowed to progress faster than they were initially (yes, what has been happening with Star Citizen's development for the last ~8 months was actually a TREMENDOUS speedup in development process, all things/goals considered) and to create quality content better and faster than before. Ditching of fucking CryEngine for Lumberyard was also a very smart choice, even if a little bit late.