Engineers in the US have built a self-contained, entirely soft robot - in the shape of a 7cm octopus

>Engineers in the US have built a self-contained, entirely soft robot - in the shape of a 7cm octopus.
>Made from silicone gels of varying stiffness, the "octobot" is powered by a chemical reaction that pushes gas through chambers in its rubbery legs.
>Because of this design, the robot does not need batteries or wires - and contains no rigid components at all.
>Instead, a sequence of limb movements is pre-programmed into a sort of circuit board built from tiny pipes.
>"Many of the previous embodiments required tethers to external controllers or power sources," said PhD student Ryan Truby from Harvard University.
>The hope is that one day, soft robots will wiggle their way into awkward surgical locations or squeeze under obstacles on search-and-rescue missions.

Why is it always the US doing this sort of stuff? Have euros done anything interesting with their large hadron collider yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sm-v1vM8LMo
nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/canada/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/montreal-researchers-are-using-magnetic-fields-to-steer-drug-carrying-bacteria-deep-into-cancerous-tumours
harvardprostateknowledge.org/does-frequent-ejaculation-help-ward-off-prostate-cancer
popsci.com/scientists-debut-system-making-fuel-through-more-efficient-photosynthesis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you have any video?

>entirely soft

can I use it to get off?

here you go brah
youtube.com/watch?v=sm-v1vM8LMo

I can buy this shit for 10 bucks from china town

Hey today they annoumced that Montreal researchers found a great way to target cancerous tumors by attaching chemicals to bacterias, injecting them in the bloodstream and then controlling them with a magnetic field so they would go at the exact right place.

It works and doesnt damage good tissues.

Nanomachines son.

>thought cancer was just a disease when I was younger
>learn what it really is in medschool
>realize we might not ever 'cure' cancer

What a time to be alive.

You dont cure cancer. You push it back in its cavern when it comes out.

We all have cancer. Its like a bear in a cave surrounded by hunters. It comes out every day but they chase him back in. But sometimes the hunters are sick or sleepy or not there so it fets a bit further. Sometjmes it manages to get out and then you are fucked.

>Japan makes humanoid robots
>America makes robot tentacles to fuck them

Congratulations canada. Hopefully it can fix prostate cancer which is common in my family.

fucking amerisharts alwyas playing with pandora box

Today mini robot octopuses that need no battery and wires.

Tomorrow NANOMACHINES.

nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/canada/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/montreal-researchers-are-using-magnetic-fields-to-steer-drug-carrying-bacteria-deep-into-cancerous-tumours

We can't cure cancer but we can treat it.
While cancer is a very broad term for diseases we can "cure" it if we figure out how to jump start peoples lazy immune systems into producing the cells that keep it in check.

Fuck that scene

You should watch Videodrome

cancer isn't a disease its a group of cells stepping out of line and pretty much saying "NO I DONT WANT TO DIE" so they just go on and sperg out

>cancer isn't a disease

>Amerishart "innovation"

As a denizen of Sup Forums you have nothing to worry about.

harvardprostateknowledge.org/does-frequent-ejaculation-help-ward-off-prostate-cancer

I expect jelly sexbots by the weekend

Well, their output concerning high tech is pretty amazing.
popsci.com/scientists-debut-system-making-fuel-through-more-efficient-photosynthesis