High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):
Stable: profile=opengl-hq
Git: profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable Portable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Stable Installer: rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/
Git Portable: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/
Git Installer: rorgoroth.bitbucket.io/
Vapoursynth: jenkins.maeyanie.com/job/mpv/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/haasn/libplacebo/commits/master
sprunge.us/IgaV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Don't tread with mpv.

Still no new stable build?

So I've FSRCNNX in my config a while ago and I just noticed that it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I don't really know how to make comparison screencaps / jump to a specific frame in mpv, so I never bothered to check if it's actually working.
But now i tried comparing a static image with and without FSRCNN and I saw that there was actually no difference.

What am I doing wrong? I've added
>profile=gpu-hq
>fbo-format=rgba16f
>glsl-shaders="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_r2_8-0-2-2.glsl"
to my mpv.config and put the glsl file in the same folder. Do I need to add anything else to my configuration?

Also, I wasn't able to find an explanation of what the difference between the FSRCNNX-versions are: r1_16, r2_8, ...

It can't be long now. Probably waiting for FFmpeg 3.5 to release because that has the needed changed for current mpv to build.

mpv is bloat you can already play videos with ffmpeg through the provided ffplay

Is switching downscalers supposed to affect ravu?

Please do not deface FOSS (libre) software with images such as the Santa hat.
The FOSS community is a diverse community of various faiths and the red Santa Claus known in the west was created by the Coca Cola company. You're essentially giving them free advertising.

Nobody cares Stallman you fat kike.

how can I compile mpv with vulkan support?

Install vulkan dev and pass --enable-vulkan

>But now i tried comparing a static image
Maybe you opened png image? It doesn't work with png. Press i, then 2, there should be "user shader: ..." if it works.

You care that much to even reply, indeed.

I tested a video file (H.264) and it doesn't work either.
Pressing i doesn't seem to do anything and 2 just changes the contrast.

> the picture suggests "Christmas", and thus does not advertise Coca Cola, which nobody even thought of
> this post does
These sneaky Coca Cola shills.

Sounds like your mpv setup is messed up. Search for "dump mode" in a log (log-file=log.txt in mpv.conf).

Would you prefer Sinterklaas's traditional Bishop's mitre, then?

Well, i got it running.
So I originally had this in my config:
>profile=gpu-hq
>opengl-fbo-format=rgba16f
>opengl-shaders="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_r2_8-0-2-2.glsl"
Which does actually work, but it didn't when I tested it with the PNG file.
I assume the configuration on the FSRCNN github just doesn't work for the stable version.

I think it's just that "i" doesn't do anything in the stable release. At least is nothing about it in the manual.

The stable release is fairly old now and the merge was fairly recent. You still need to download stats.lua if you're on the stable release.

Why compute shaders stopped working with d3d11?

I've been experimenting with DVD ripping with mpv, can you get nice VIDEO_TS directories like this or does it just dump to a single file?

>I've been experimenting with DVD ripping with mpv
This won't go well. DVD is no longer officially supported in mpv. The disc code is bitrotting.

>can you get nice VIDEO_TS directories like this
No.

amm being a petulant kid in #mpv-devel, how surprising.

I was thinking about that today, it has been almost 3 months.

It only activates when you are upscaling enough. It doesn't activate when I watch a 1080p on my 720p monitor but it does when less than 720p

python shills are always salty as fuck

Well there's been the ffmpeg-mpv debacle plus the wm5 stuff happening so I guess it wasn't the right time.

Just download the nighties and only update whenever you want to rather than wait for a release. Releases are always months apart and only for lincuck distros because if there isn't a release, for them, the project is not able to package as if it does not exist..

Has ffmpeg-mpv been officially removed now? I noticed the --enable-ffmpeg-upstream option was removed.

>wm5
He's always a step ahead from us.

boohoo what a meanie

kek

latest update on shinchiro?

>installgentooRMS posted an issue
Which one of you?

did you look at the issue? it's that autistic guy who refuses to do basic math for his config

What, who's that? And I don't see a way to solve his shit without making a script, which might make this a legitimate feature request. I don't get the usecase though.

there's an open PR for the windows taskbar part, but i don't see what changing the starting point would accomplish

For some reason it seems that he doesn't like fullscreen, and it bothers him that he doesn't see the taskbar?
It's pretty retarded

is there a keybind for minimization like the default B in mpc?

you can make it yourself
key cycle no-border

key cycle border

What's with that jobzniak dude. He seems like a decent dude on irc but his scripts are the most autitistic shit ever.
>Advanced, modular media browser, file manager and playlist manager for mpv.
>no demo or instructions fucking whatsoever

How do I set a default resolution/height for windowed mode? Basically, it doesn't matter if the video is 4k or 480p, I want it to start at 720p every single time.

He sounds pretty autistic on IRC to me desu

autofit=1280x720

I don't want black bars if I manage to play a 4:3 video, though. I would want the width to be flexible. Would autofit=x720 work? The manual doesn't seem to be clear on this.

my bad, I was actually reading from the --geometry section

I was right, haasn is not dead:
github.com/haasn/libplacebo/commits/master

madVR+libplacebo when?

never

shinchiro

log file sprunge.us/IgaV

Try testing with the ones on test and the ones on test > vulkan

I can't remember but I believe you are not supposed to use the ones on the main page with d3d11/vulkan

I sware to god if I don't see a little cute santa hat on my mpv by tomorrow I'm going to be PISSED!

>Try testing with the ones on test and the ones on test > vulkan
I already am.

Good downscaler?

catmull_rom

Isn't that the default?

>[ 0.695][v][vo/gpu/d3d11] shaderc compile status 'success' (0 errors, 0 warnings)
>[ 0.709][e][vo/gpu/d3d11] D3DCompile failed: Unspecified error (0x80004005)
>[ 0.709][e][vo/gpu/d3d11] C:\Users\user\Shader@0x0000000017730B30(223,53-54): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected token 'xx'
>[ 0.710][e][vo/gpu/d3d11] C:\Users\user\Shader@0x0000000017730B30(353,53-54): error X3000: syntax error: unexpected token 'xx'
glslang issue maybe?

That's why.

Erm or was it SPIRV-Cross that was doing the d3d translate.

Mitchell (default) is preferred by mpv devs. Catmull_rom (sharp) is preferred by madvrfags. Mitchell + SSIM shader is the best IMO.

>Catmull_rom (sharp)
You should try sinc

Why don't PNG files stay open with pic related as my config

Why is MPV for android so shitty barebones?

[extension.png]
pause

Do I need to specify an opengl-backend on windows or is auto fine?

You can also do keep-open=always.

Still doesn't work. What does work is putting keep-open in the config, but then all file types stay open not just images.

>Do I need to specify an opengl-backend
Only is auto is broken for some reason

>or is auto fine?
ye

You dont need to but its a food idea to try different ones to see what works best for your hardware.

Or even image-display-duration=inf in the global config

Weird, I just tried it and it works for me.

>it works for me

>they have to photoshop a santa hat
>their player of choice does not automatically put on the santa hat
ayy lmao

Who wants there cock sucked

I do

Can I suck yours?

Cute
Too bad about the awful video, font database rebuilding, and slow startup

Yeah, that's a SPIRV-Cross issue. Which shader are you using?

ravu

Thanks. I reported the issue to SPIRV-Cross.

Thanks rossy.