How do you explain to your girlfriend that your PC uses a Linux operating system?

How do you explain to your girlfriend that your PC uses a Linux operating system?

>Linux
>Girlfriend
Pick one

>it's like how mac and pc are different from each other, this is another alternative

She doesn't care. The browser works the same

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fart into a bottle and lovingly decant it into her mouth.

I use samba.

I let my girlfriends solve some self-made programming/crypto puzzles a la Cicada3301. If she cannot complete all of them in a set period of time (few days), I install RATs on their devices before breaking up. I now have 13 iPhones and 4 Android phones + a handful of Macbooks. I like to fuck with them every now and then. What I do is quite simple: I download her latest selfies from her phone and if there is some spicy nudes, I show a popup on the device where she has to paypal some money to an anonymous paypal account, or else her dad gets to see her getting pounded by some ugly nigger. It's always some small amount, like 50 bucks or something, so they always pay. I just exchange the paypal money for SecondLife coins or some shit so I can exchange it to bitcoin.

I tell her I am a cyberhacking professional and thats why I have a password and she can't use my stuff.

My Linux OS is my girlfriend. Checkmahtay.

This

Actual conversation with my wife while I was installing Manjaro:

>"Hey, whatcha doin?"
>"Installing Linux on my computer."
>"What's Linux?"
>"It's an operating system like Windows or MacOS but free."
>"Oh, ok. I just made coffee, do you want some?"

She might be disinterested but she's not retarded.

>Girlfriend, on my PC is installed Linux operating system. I will try to run sims on it though, it might work...

Linux is s kernel.

Similar convo followed by me flipping my shit after losing everything from my windows partition and her worrying if I built an iso from her Mac she would get a virus. She's a seamstress.

only valid answer
except when you leave her, and she calls you back months later to ask how to install some crappy phone manager software from asus on her desktop computer that is running ubuntu since it was shit and you installed that so she could use the browser to do stupid shit. In that case you say "lol it's not windows" and you hang up.

You are doing god's work user.

>"hey whatcha doin?"
>"installing linux on my computer"
>"i had just like to interject for a moment ..."
tfw i just got back by my nonexistence gf

btfo*

Pft, my last girlfriend installed it herself, find someone who's not a bimbo.

Seriously though, just explain it in simple terms, pull a few parallels with windows and unless she's braindead (or you really suck at explaining) you should be able to teach her at least approximately what it is.

>is that macos?
>not, that gnu and linux
>ok
And das it

>U JELLY I CAN MAKE MY COMPUTER LOOK MORE AESTHETIC THAN YOUR SHIT?
>PATRIARCHY WINS AGAIN IN THE WOMAN'S FIELD

She gets more and more disgusted by the update faggotry and updates that fail all the time.

Even looked into switching to Ubuntu already.

She never asked.

Sims 3 works perfectly fine in wine.

She uses one of my laptops for school so it runs Ubuntu and shit works just fine.

Using the pimp hand

tfw qt chinese programmer gf that I got to buy a thinkpad and install linux.

how rare Sup Forums will this happen again

My gf (female) runs Debian on her x200t. She thinks I'm autistic for running OpenBSD.

This. Most people use computers for two reasons - browsing the internet and video games, and since women don't play vidya all they care about is the web browser.

She is right but also a hypocrite.

See

"it's a theme for windows"

>Manjaro
I think you might be the retarded one.

>girlfriend
>wife
>my
>implying

I have a gf and we both use Linux. Checkmate.

>gf
>have
>i

us permavirgins right

install gentoo! xD

>Linux operating system.
Sure thing, kid.
/interjection

> tfw my gf prefers linux
Shes kinda familiar with the terminal too doesnt know a lot but shes familiar enough to use my laptop for what she needs.. Ive even sold her on a ThinkPad t420 or x220 for school just need her to pick a distro

>tfw gf is a robotics engineer and is far better with anything like linux/programming than I am
I'm a genuine brainlet and I just enjoy hardware + tinkering

I should be allowed to shoot people like you without consequences

You both use Android?

Well she's the one that installed it.

GNU. But yes, android too.

I installed it on her laptop, and it boots faster than Windows so she loves it. She doesn't do much outside of Chromium anyways.

>she
>"her" existence
>implying

You should have a daemon running on the phone and if you detect she is about to upload a picture, swap file names of a nude picture and a recent selfie.
but don't do it too consistently or they will catch on.
Just do it enough to make them accidentally leak nudes.

My GF doesn't care but se likes when I talk about Microsoft being the bad guy :')

I once installed mint on my sister laptop. She couldn't see a difference.

>she
>gf
>my

Linux is a kernel.
GNU/Linux is an OS.
It's not that hard.

>ITT:we lie on the internet
We all know you dont have a gf

She actually uses Ubuntu.

As long as the browser works, she doesn't mind. Although she starts frowning when having to use libreoffice, which is understandable.

XD
LELELELE SO FUCKING
FUKKEN
U
K
K
E
N

EPIC
P
I
C

SIDES ARE LE GONE HOLY SHIT LE FUG BENIS LE TIPS LE TIPPY TIP TOP FEDORA WEEEWWW WEW XDD WEW LADDY UR MAD BROOOOO UR SOOOOO MAAAAAAADDDD LE IRONY IS LE BESTEST HUMOR XDD I LOV IRONY AND LE BIG BANG THEORY BAZINGA IT LE KILLS MY LELES I LOVE POOPY SHIT COCK I WANT A BLACK COCK
*unsheathes katana*
wellllllllll mgoodsir, I think u thought u had me beat, but wacht this !!!!
*charges up energy*
*goes super sainant*
*farts*
*raises paw*
hhmmmmmmmmm.......

>"she"
>"her" existence
>implying

Back when I dual booted Windows 10/Linux my girlfriend said "wow, you have like two computers in one computer?". I said "yes, yes I do". Most people don't even realize/care that you're not using Windows/Mac

??

Whats a rat and how do you install it?

>girlfriend
>my

>the absolute state of neo Sup Forums

Weeb body pillows don't count.

give it a rest already you handholdless autist

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Y LMAO
Y LMAO
Y LMAO
Y LMAO
Y LMAO

le epic so ebin dae le epin win xD pwn’d ftw le bacon narwhale xP
tfw no gf xD ayy lmao! :p
upboated good sir i tip my fedora to you, fine gentlemen le real men have class xD real human bean!!1 dae cake is a

lie lel
epic fail!!!!!!!! ;p for YOU!! :DDD XD we r anonymous >:D lol DOGE111 so ebin much le1, for the lulz!! xD le upvote
IZLAM = PEAZ

for you :^)
just epic, simply epin ROFLMAOCOPTER BBQ :o WE ESPORTS NOW :DDDDDDDDD, did u waifu? no cis males plz!

le dae EXPLODIN KNEES PUDDI!!!! le epic oldfag here, ama :D, 5get or faget? keke ebin… SHOOP LE WHOOP :D XDDDDD,

here have an upboat, lelele so much ebin
420 smoke weed!!!!!11 dae le trees? :D le tree blaze ftw! epic memes, us gamers huh!? >:) tips fedora, le any1

athiest? SJW EBIN WOW memez?
RAISE UR DONGERS! 8D YTMD :^))))))))

EPIC PWNAGE!………… CUPCAKES (im so randum :) dae la lets players!!! BROFIST :dd dae feel ? le sad frog faec. IM CIA,

dae BANE!? PRO TIP: FOR YOU XDddd!!!11
le dubs goy! hehehehada dh…. twitch general /twitch/ @:=] kappa :D

>le maymay arrow
is this a le new epic meme? screen kapped for dat sweet karma xD. FUS ROH DAH!!!!!1 i used to be a christmas but

then i took an arrow 2 da knee :^(
BAZINGA BAZINGA ZIMBABWE. top kek, toppest of keks. le nyan cat? hahahaha le mayonaise.
fucking epic ass meme.

GREEZE PLZ PEJ DEPT
i love that fucking meme so much man
wait let me just *gets crack pipe out* smoke some of that good 420 shit :)
*rips a bong* AHHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sure hit the spot ok now repeat that fucking epic ass M E M E

>implying

This, she's got Win10 on her desktop and had Linux on her laptop now (which she prefers). Keeps windows because she can't give the the stupid card game she likes playing

>"maymay"
>using the smiley with the carat nose
kill yourself repeatedly

>not vim
Dropped

>*BRAAAAAAAP PFNAAAAAR BOWLLLLLT POOOOOOOOOFFFAAAAAARRP CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPOWPOWPOW SQUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOORP BRRRRP PFNARSCH PFNARP BRRAAAAP BOOOOOOOOORPP*

....snnnniiiiifffffffff...oh yes dear...sssnnnniiiiiffffff...quite fragrant indeed...is that...dare I say...sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?....sniff sniff...hmmm...yes...quite so my darling...sniff...quite pungent eggs yes very much so ....ssssnnnniiiiiffff...ah yes...and also...a hint...of...sniff...cheese....quite wet dear...sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely...sniff....please dear...another if you please...nice and big now...

>BBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPFFFF
...Oh yes...very good!...very sloppy and wet dear...hmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm....let me...let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling....hmmmm...hmm...yes...that is a delicate....bit of chocolate dear...ah yes...let me guess...curry for dinner?...oh quite right I am...aren't I?...ok...time for sniff....sssnniiiiiffffff...hmmm...hmmmm I see...yes...yes indeed as well curry....hmmm...that pungence is quite noticeable...yes....onion and garlic chutney I take it dear?....hmmmm...yes quite...

>BBBBBRRRRRRPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT
...Oh I was not expecting that....that little gust dear...you caught me off guard...yes...so gentle it was though...hmmmm...let me taste this little one...just one small sniff....sniff...ah...sssnnnniiiiiffffffff...and yet...so strong...yes...the odor...sniff reply to this post or your mother dies in her sleep no immunities sniff...hmmm...is that...sniff...hmmm...I can almost taste it dear....yes...just...sniff...a little whiff more if you please....ssssnnniiiiifffff...ah yes I...have it now...yes quite...delectable dear....quite exquisite yes....I dare say...sniff...the most pungent one yet dear...sssnnnniiiifffffff...yes...

>she
>her
>implying

Literally this. Why the fuck do fags have a problem with this.

Me:"I run Linux"
Her:"cool"