Low budget Nvidia GPUs are finished

Low budget Nvidia GPUs are finished.

Yup, you read that right, an Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit. Have a peek at the quick video as posted by Thai PC and tech vlogger "TUM APISAK":

Yup, you read that right, an Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit. Have a peek at the quick video as posted by Thai PC and tech vlogger "TUM APISAK":

youtube.com/watch?v=D5P_uT4sjXs

guru3d.com/news-story/intel-core-i7-8709g-with-vega-m-graphics.html

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/pal/blob/dev/src/core/hw/gfxip/gfx9/gfx9PalSettings.cfg#L982
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why you typed that shit twice?

Vega 12

pajeet shill pasted his shill pasta twice by accident

>Low budget Nvidia
This trashes anything up to a 1060, including that based on the CU count.

1060 is not low budget and it's by far Nvidia's most popular mobile GPU

w i d e

wonder how this competes with raven ridge, or if it's in a mid/high tier if made for laptops

Can't imagine how big the default heatsinks are gunna be now

Who cares, RTG niggers are STILL writing shader compiler for Vega.
>github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/pal/blob/dev/src/core/hw/gfxip/gfx9/gfx9PalSettings.cfg#L982
Just look at this niggery.
It's not competing with RR.
It will compete with similar AMD MCM though.

This is WAY above raven Ridge. 10 (maybe 11) CUs @15W vs i think 32ish or something CUs(I'm too lazy to look it up). Raven Ridge is something you could consider if you are gaming casually, something like rocket League is a game i would run on raven Ridge. This intel-vega chimera is on a 470 performance level.

I'm really more excited for what this does with console gaming.

Nothing?

>$500+ chip
>console gaming

This might finally kill tower PCs, if they manage to put it in NUCs with proper cooling.

The only thing that keeps tower PCs alive is gaymurs who need discrete GPUs. If a hybrid chip can get comparable performance with a much smaller footprint, there's no point in building towers anymore.

>using a NUC or anything smaller than mini-ITX in a professional setting

Except thin clients and kiosks, of course

I dont think you understand.

an Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit. Have a peek at the quick video as posted by Thai PC and tech vlogger "TUM APISAK":

also an Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit. Have a peek at the quick video as posted by Thai PC and tech vlogger "TUM APISAK":

I wonder if you can use an AMD gpu in crossfire with this.

Back in the day, you could have retarded crossfire setups.

Here's your wide.

Are you two sure an Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit. Have a peek at the quick video as posted by Thai PC and tech vlogger "TUM APISAK"?

Crossfire is mostly dead.

Nah, they just renamed it.

It's still mostly dead.
Also who cares about CF when the RTG niggers can't even ship shader complier with PS support for Vega?
AMD is STILL hiring a shader compiler dev.

Will AMD cover RMA costs?

Would be unfair if the MOBO manufacture had to take the loss if the APU failed.

This is not an APU you moron.

>I'm really more excited for what this does with console gaming.
makes it more obsolete.
there wont be new consoles for 7-10 years
they STARTED this generation way behind on performance. as VR and such picks up, consoles will become more and more a joke

Will that replace intel gfx or is that a Intel apu?

It's a MCM consisting of CFL-H die (that includes iGPU) and a separate Vega dGPU.

Will the motherboard have 8pin PCIe power connectors on it to supply enough power to that chip

Hardware dev. is fuckin hard. It makes even less sense for a specialized low return market like gaming to have top quality hardware. Defense and finance are sucking up the good hardware engineers

It's basically an upgrade. intel IGPUs will stick around for low-cost solutions, but rather than having intel + low-grade nvidia dedicated, it'll be Vega.

>100C idle temperature
no thank you

>This intel-vega chimera is on a 470 performance level.
Unless it's got a 150W TDP (which is insane for its intended purposes), I don't think it's that high.

That's the argument, dumbass. If discrete GPU performance up to 1060 can be fit in a NUC enclosure, there aren't any solid reasons to build tower PCs anymore, whether they're miniITX or whatever other tower format.

32nCUs will do the job assuming the Vega part works.
The high-end package is supposed to be ~100W.

I really want this in a Thinkpad, but I have that sinking feeling it will only be in applel toys and Lenovo will keep on pairing midrange integrated GPUs with low end discrete GPUs and charging $2k for it.

24CUs lower than 1200Mhz, i looked it up

The die looks too big to be a 24CU part though.
Anyway, RTG niggers need to ship working drivers to Intel.

A 1060 is basically the minimum you need for a gaming PC nowadays if you want to play any modern game at 1080p+ and high settings. Plus the whole non-upgradability thing. So most gaymers will still want discrete GPUs in towers.

This is aimed at the Dells of the world. Now Dell don't need to add a dedicated videocard anymore.

They already aren't putting dGPUs in 90% of their PCs anyway.

>make fun of AMD because they "just glue CPUs together"
>partner with AMD to glue a GPU and HBM to your CPUs
the absolute state of Intel lmao

Can't wait for normies breaking the HBM when they fumble the cooler installation

How would you break HBM? I guess shock could fuck up the stacking right?

Just mess up the mounting pressure and you'll knock off a corner.
part of the reason we get heatspreaders on every CPU now is dummy proof installation. And HBM is less durable than CPU/GPU

Lol K lemme just Cut the chip in half when some of it fails

Good idea goy

but its Intel Core i7-8709G with Vega M Graphics. That means up-to-now Core i7-8709G and Core i7-8809G are names that have emerged, a quad-core Intel processor with AMD Radeon IGP, based on Vega architecture with a product ID of 694C:C0. The hybrid solution is called a multi-chip module, combining an Intel processor and an AMD (Vega) graphics unit.

>If a hybrid chip can get comparable performance
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You think this will be comparable to high end desktop graphics? Are you retarded? The best ones will be lower mid rang and thermally limited.

>using made in the abyss amazing ost to promote your shitty intel products

>let's make another shitforbrain retarded gpu+cpu hybrid meme where the GPU has to use system RAM because that worked out so well for AMD in the past

>retarded frogposter is retarded

>

triggered redditer is triggered

The GPU would use on chip HBM, the CPU would still use external DDR.

I know this is a consumer tech board and most people here don't have engineering backgrounds, but things are trending towards the single chip SoC direction. Look up a little company called "Altera" now a part of Intel.

Don't worry, they'll have an IHS with toothpaste.

Never said that. Not everyone with a desktop tower PC buys highend vydia cards, brainlet.

This is meant to go in NUCs. And eventually NUCs are meant to replace most non-high-end tower PCs.

Making the low and mid-range discreet GPUs unnecessary is the first step in that direction.

What does Intel gain from this? They basically squash nVidia out of the market, except for the highend niche.

Holy shit!

no if anything this just means AMD IS BTFO & BANKRUPT. the fact they had to ally with, according to ayymd drones the equivalent of the "devil" to take on nvidia just shows their absolute desperately. intel is just going to use them long enough to "learn" everything they can about ayymd's gpu tech, and with pajeet kaja, fix their own in house gpu's to become performance champions. then kick ayymd off to curb like the absolute garbage they are. lmao amd is a fucking joke. can't wait for ayymdd to finally go bankrupt.

Wut. AMD and Intel are in cahoots. One cannot exist without the other since Intel is the sole owner of x86 but AMD is the sole owner of x86_64 extensions which they both cross-license to each other for maximum cockbag levels and keeping the monopoly to themselves.

>This might finally kill tower PCs, if they manage to put it in NUCs with proper cooling.
What I secretly hope is the resurgence in horizontal desktop cases.
Pretty much any expasion card but GPUs is a low-profile/half-height pcie card.

If this thing was good enough for intel/amd to make profits and managed to stay below 150W alltogether there's a chance for these types of general purpose computers to make a comeback. I'm moist

intel has enough money to out-right buy amd. they have enough money to out-right buy the entire rights to x86_64 once ayymd finally, for the benefit of all mankind, goes bankrupt.

>intel has enough money to out-right buy amd. they have enough money to out-right buy the entire rights to x86_64 once ayymd finally, for the benefit of all mankind, goes bankrupt.
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be? Intel cannot buy AMD because it would violate the settlement of the 1991 Northern California vs Intel lawsuit.
If Intel became a monopoly the US government would force it to either split into smaller companies or license x86 to someone else.

>look ma' its retarded
read what i wrote. i didn't say intel was or wanted to. i said they have so much capital they can buy whatever the fuck they want.
>If Intel became a monopoly the US government would force it to either split into smaller companies or license x86 to someone else.
lol you are an idiot if you think the us government would. they couldn't even split up microsoft. they won't bother trying to split up intel. especially with the current administration.

GLUED TOGETHER

>lol you are an idiot if you think the us government would. they couldn't even split up microsoft. they won't bother trying to split up intel. especially with the current administration.
The EU would then. US is not the only political entity that intel relies upon for survival

dude is an idiot like most of the 25 and under crowd

>4 cores
aka still belongs to the period.