Two American elite soldiers planned to improve themselves and learn something new by having a world cruise

>two American elite soldiers planned to improve themselves and learn something new by having a world cruise.
>The first lesson they got was a lesson in geography
>They wanted to visit the microstate Liechtenstein and ended up in a toy museum in Saxon Lichtenstein, Germany.
Can't make this shit up.

focus.de/regional/sachsen/liechtenstein-mit-lichtenstein-in-sachsen-verwechselt-us-elite-soldaten-verfehlen-ihr-ziel-um-600-kilometer-und-landen-im-museum_id_5860466.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerika,_Drenthe
youtube.com/watch?v=CckpGYQI-uc
nydailynews.com/news/world/chinese-tourist-mistaken-refugee-germany-article-1.2743387
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America,_Limburg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ayyyy

Did they shart though?

I guess the country is as relevant as that toy museum.

Doesn't matter. This is not what should happen to "elite soldiers". Imagine they would have the task to bomb Liechtenstein and they bombed this tow museum instead.

How is this news?

top fucking kek

I bet they can't wait to return to Amerika.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerika,_Drenthe

kek

I bet their next lesson is to try to "dry fart"

haha what a blunder xD instead of ending up in Lichenstein, the country, they ended up in a town with the same name one country over hahah wow kek possibly the biggest mistake in American history xD

The biggest mistake in American history is not forging better relations with the noble people of Lichenstein so that mistakes like this wouldn't happen. Also your birth.

Are you autistic?

>burgers will defend this

>American marines plan training in Portugal
>they come in their big-ass overcompensating hovercrafts
>get the jeeps out in the sand
>jeeps get stuck in the sand immediately
>can't move forward
>have to ask for help to pull the jeeps

Man, America is lucky they are a big country, because man for man you guys are dumb as rocks.

youtube.com/watch?v=CckpGYQI-uc

*pffffft* [sharts]

Foda-se, eu lembro-me disto.

>impenetrablefortresstugal

I'm not the one being unironically angry over banter on Sup Forums, so are you? Seems like it.

No you're autistic because you think that's anger, autism is being unable to read emotions properly. Sorry, but as a doctor I have to tell you this, you're clinically autistic

Stop shart-talking each other please

>Lichenstein, the country
No, the country is called "Liechtenstein" und the town is called "Lichtenstein", you fucking idiot. You are as dumb as those soldiers.

>two German migration officers planned to improve themselves and learn something new by meeting and helping migrants come into Germany
>the first lesson they got was a lesson in identifying foreign languages
>They saw a Chinese person asking for directions and thought he was a refugee, keeping him detained in migrant housing for several days

nydailynews.com/news/world/chinese-tourist-mistaken-refugee-germany-article-1.2743387

*waves hand towards face and breathes heavily*
That's the good stuff.

what user said would indicate that you are autistic, its about not being able to emotionally connect and so properly socially interact with other people, i.e- (You)

Implying two Americans will know the pronunciation difference in two foreign words that are similar in every way but one vowel.

It's like expecting a German to try and pronounce vote and boat differently.

dumb germans

*winks*

Apparently this is something useful to know. If you plan a trip to a country you should know how this country is called and where it is. They fucking ended up in East-Germany 600km away from Liechtenstein. Can't American elite soldiers just look on a map?

I never had the chance to experience you sharters being this buttblasted and overly defensive over trivial shart like this. What a month.

>Ask for directions
>can't enunciate it fully because it's a foreign word by try your best
>Ask german local for directions
>He doesn't understand your accent and assumes everyone should have a perfect accent for no reason especially since he should be accustomed to people misunderstanding his German accent when he speaks English, and especially since Germany has huge regional variation in pronunciation
>Oh ya ya, you mean Lichenstein the town

*Lichtenstein

>sharts in mart

hahaha

>Marines
>Elite soliders

They are the shittiest branch and they are as far from elite as you can come.

Hahahahaha fucking yanks

Should have gone to Schloss Lichtenstein. Pic related.
Bonus point: Liechtenstein and Lichtenstein are pronounced the same way

>chinese man thought this was normal because he's used to doing whatever he's told

*Liechtenstein
:^)

They probably meant to have training with Paraguay, too, even though they don't have beaches.

>Bonus point: Liechtenstein and Lichtenstein are pronounced the same way

So there's no argument then, it was an easy confusion

Shouldn't soldiers be able to read a map though? When they want to go visit a *country* called Liechtenstein, shouldn't they at some point notice that they are in Germany?

*Shartenstein

They have always been like this. Their inferiority complex is as big as their phoney patriotism.

You mean America, you fucking hick.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America,_Limburg

But Liechtenstein also speaks German and it can be a bit hard to tell when you're leaving one place and entering another in that area of Europe. And I doubt they used a map, they probably used GPS never looking at a full map to realize they never changed border. I'm sure they realized at some point they were still in Germany and decided to make the best of it by going to a toy factory, but I can't read the article.

Sounds like a good story to tell anyways. "That one time we confused a small country near Germany for a town in Germany" sounds hilarious, I'd laugh too.

>"That one time we confused a small country near Germany for a town in Germany" sounds hilarious, I'd laugh too.
I'd laugh too, that is next-level retarded

Euro peons always amuse me. They think that Americans care about their gay little irrelevant city-states and city names. Unless it is a major city, we do not concern ourselves with it. My country is the size of Europe, so I have more geography to memorize than you. I'd be willing to bet most of you don't know a single thing about the US aside from NYC, California, and Florida. I'd be willing to bet most of you fags think Kansas City is in Kansas.

>using GPS
>find "Lichtenstein, Saxony, Germany"
>Germany
>think nothing of it

>Americans think there is such thing as a country within a country

it take 1 minute to find liechtenstein in google
if you start typing it in, it will be 2nd or 3rd hit, it shows you where exactly it is, first being the official site in german

you need to be retarded not finding it

like you dont concern yourself where you poo, in your pants or loo

It's not very clear from the article. It just says the museum director gave them an atlas and took them to the train station.

>it can be a bit hard to tell when you're leaving one place and entering another
Yeah, the Swiss army actually invaded LIechtenstein by accident once.

>hurr hurr I posted it again

The same way you probably don't know that Neubrandenburg is not in Brandenburg.

Yes, you're right. I don't know that.
Difference is I'm not a faggot and I didn't make a thread about Kansas City, like OP did with Lichtenstein

>>Americans think there is such thing as a country within a country
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland

makes as much sense as your post sharty, you dont need to memorize anything, using simple tools such as a map or a toilet

>It just says the museum director gave them an atlas and took them to the train station.
Nice guy to take them all the way to the train station

Go be annoying somewhere else, gypsy

Be careful not to get their asses too pained OP, yanks are known to spray their shart in self defence like an squids ink

>Amerifats literally name cities after states in a completely different state
MY FUCKING SIDES
AMERICANS ARE THIS STUPID

we also name cities after cities in other countries, but at least we don't name an entire country after a small region in another country

I'm pretty sure they are going to sue Google for this.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

>two US marines, american elite soldiers
Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Essential

Li(e)chtenstein simply means 'bright stone' (licht ≈ light)

>Idaho
>Probably made up by George M. "Doc" Willing as a practical joke; originally claimed to have been derived from a word in a Native American language that meant "Gem of the Mountains".[28] The name was initially proposed for the Territory of Colorado until its origins were discovered. Years later it fell into common usage, and was proposed for the territory of Idaho instead.
IDAHO WAS PROBABLY NAMED AS A JOKE
BAHAHAHAHAHA

kek

>calling Marines "soldiers"
Triggered

No, I mean New Zealand is named after Zeeland in Daneland and Australia is named after Austria

And don't forget New South Wales
Truly hilarious if you think about it

>Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio are literally named after rivers
AFTER
FUCKING
STREAMS
OF
WATER

topkek

You sound upset, friend, would you like to talk about it?

>new south wales

>Australia is named after Austria
American shartucation

Sorry, I did not look up who you were replying to. But:
>Australia is named after Austria
Austria = Österreich = Eastern realm
Australia = australis = Southern

>biggest mistake in American history

You wish

Kek, it's probably true that most white americans have german blood.

That's the american ELITE for you

That's why bombing targets have coordinates rather than just names on a map.

It's a joke senpaitachi

I don't do jokes.

Not a country t.b.h.

Part of Kansas City IS in Kansas.
But, yes, Kansas City, MO is several times the size of Kansas City, KS.

Austria and Australia are often mistaken for each other by name by dumb people.

Thus, one could conclude that Australia was named after Austria, if they were ignorant of such matters.

This could be juxtaposed to New Zealand being named after Zeeland, if it were true that was named after Austria, though it is not.

This is not a joke, just a statement of facts.

Better?

S H A R T

>it was a prank bro: the state

The state of Wyoming is named after a valley in Pennsylvania.

Hahahaha

New Zealand is named after the dutch province Zeeland

> Two men travel 8000km (4900 miles) to a continent they have never needed to learn the geography of
> They want to visit somewhere not well known outside of its locality
> They probably plug the details into a GPS and/or map after googling the place name
> They follow it's guidance
> End up in wrong place
I literally see absolutely nothing wrong here. People get accidentally lost in new places all the fucking time. It's actually such a common thing, absolutely everywhere on the planet, that im fucking astounded it's even being talked about

> Soldiers
Ah. That's why. European cultural cringe? How long until jealous micro countries start posting their special forces photos?

Depends on the situation and/or mission and/or commanders intent

daneland, dutchland, same thing really my friend

WIJ

My sides

It's a little worrying desu
What if they want to come here to visit Sydney and end up in Sydney, Nova Scotia?

This is bait

I knew some Americans that wanted a train ticket to be "zuruck", they tried their German speaking and meant "round trip".
They ended up with 2 tickets to Zurich Switzerland.

It's not bait at all.

this, Sup Forums is blowing up about a small harmless mistake that anyone could make in a small moment of stupidity because they love to make fun of Americans.

It's a funny story but it's not "golden lel all americans are so dumb" worthy

It's like you see an American walking and he accidentally trips and falls in a puddle and then making a golden lel face and saying
">Americans
>Being able to move their own bodies according to their will
Top kek"

It 100% is tho my man, it's alright though you got two (You)s from me :^)