Is it true that in Europe, university students do not work part time jobs?

Is it true that in Europe, university students do not work part time jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/
en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Southern Europe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not that easy when you move to random shithole rural town to find a job

No. And why do you fucking hicks always talk about Europe as if it's one country?

Some do, some don't.
Some have full time jobs.
All of them don't SHART IN WALMART.

A lot of people just take the student loan and welfare which you can live comfortably on, even if their education is not very hard or time consuming, and party in their free time. But just as many people work part time.

Some do, some don't. Starting too early is a sure-fire way to drop out. I only started working during the final year when I only had leactures three days a week.

because sharters are dumb

No I'm a lazy fuck, never worked in my life

i will never work a day in my life

No I'm a lazy fuck, never worked in my life

yes, no one I know does it except for a few poor people who have started University late, 90-95% of people here just go to Uni.

I was stunned when I understood that Murrfays not only go to college but also work, wtf.

Some of us do. Those who desperately need some money and those who, as we say, got a needle in their arse.
I haven't worked a single day in my 23 years of "living".

>welfare
Disgusting. What's more disgusting is the amount of leeches who'll come on to defend their NEETbux however.

Some Americans shart in mart and some dont. Contradictions my friend.

But you can't be a student and collect neetbux at the same time? Stop with the lies Göran.

No, I only knew two cases that had a real part time job. The other usually just worked in some pubs during the weekend or sold drugs.

It doesn't pay to have a side job because you lose your free student funding if you earn too much

I was surprised about this shit. I expected northern euros to be hard working but it seems they are lazier than the americans.

some do most don't

my sister was a warden for her residences and got paid by getting a free stay in the residences and in her later years she worked for a hotel

i just got done with my first year and haven't worked

my parents are nagging me to get a job the thing is I'm not taking a journalism course like my sister and I actually need to study

A lot of people do it to gain experience or to get a foot inside the door. For example nurses often have part time stuff with elders or retards.

I'd say about 30% have part time jobs. Everyone gets a loan to live on but it's not enough, unless you also get a grant. but thankfully, that's getting stopped this year.

>free student funding
The gubment pays you to go uni? Australian here and wtf.

You can take a loan from the gov to pay your education but you don't get living money. Unless youre military

You usually get about 500 usd a month to study.

This lets poorer people get education and thereby lets them get better jobs.

>Everyone gets a loan to live on
What, why? You don't have parents?

that's not possible, you're not german then

Yes you get payed. Or state wants highly educated people as they bring in more taxes, so funding it isnt a problem

He's a "new German"

We don't worl while we study One more reason while Italy>America

I do, but everyone gets a government loan of 3800 pounds to live on. But it doesn't cover rent for me

Why loans? Do you people not have parents?

>Swedes pay taxes to provide Liberal Arts students with money to spend on weed
>Said students can easily enter the work force at the same time as studying
>Alternatively, lazy shits can leech of their parents
JUST

some parents can't afford to put their kids through uni.

You can do it three ways.

- Spanish way, low tuitions, your parent's support you.

- Nordic way, no tuitions plus welfare, your parents don't support you but they pay high taxes.

- British way, high tuitions, your parent's don't support you but they pay less taxes than the nordics so you need a loan.

>The gubment pays you to go uni?
Yes, I get paid by the government $150 every month for having good grades in uni while the average wage in Russia is $230.

most parents do support their kids in addition to the loan, as it isn't enough to live on.

Wait, you PAY for education? Seriously? You're pulling my leg, aren't you.

>- Spanish way, low tuitions, your parent's support you
Sounds similar to the Australian way. But you can have the government pay your class fees and you pay it off as tax later. Accomodation etc. are all out of students pocket.

Then you are being scammed, m8.

parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-your-mp/

yes, everything that has a cost needs to be paid for in some way.

>average wage in Russia is $230
Per month? Holy shit that's low

its not similar at all. spanish tuition is like < 10% of ours

How much is over there?

It's not the same as neetbux but you do get welfare. You get it in Denmark too, even more.
I tried to get Danish studentbux but apparently I didn't have my Danish citizenship any more.

It's not neetbux, I'm talking about studiebidrag and bostadsbidrag which together with a student loan give me about 10000 sek per month

Holy shit you're right. 700 euro?

Here you don't pay for education but it still costs a lot of money to live for those years.

8600 a year AUD for domestic CSP
24000 AUD for intl students

because it will be soon

The EU is depressing. For the same reason the TPP is, free trade being turned into supranational globalist bullshit where countries are subject to foreign laws.

most teens work here though

>free trade being turned into supranational globalist bullshit
That's why we need EU. Can't fight super corporations as a small country like most of European countries are.

No. Unless you have financial support from parents or study in the same city with them you have to find a job.

>free trade being turned into supranational globalist bullshit where countries are subject to foreign laws.
Not really.
If you are one of the poorer countries in the EU, you will receive financial aid from the bigger countries but in exchange you will have to apply the EU laws. That's a fair trade.
If you are one of the bigger countries, you will have a say in the voting of those laws, so you are not really being a subject. Politicians just like to blame the EU for whatever thing people are currently hating on so they can get more votes.

It's not really that simple.

I study law in Helsinki, and right now my economical situation is this:

INCOME:
Student loan 400€/month
Student allowance 336,75€/month + 201,60€ for living costs
Parents who are rich as shit: 250€/month

Expenses:
Food & other food related stuff: 150-200€/month
Rent 875€/month
Study material + some additional courses in uni that aren't free: 50€/month

I have 16,200€ taken in student loan, but if I graduate on time (5 years) I will be forgiven for 5480€

since when should free trade be some kind of compromise between national sovereignty and trade itself. there are countless free trade agreements, which are just that, free trade.

In this country yes.

You have a few who will but most people won't

Things changes and evolve, John. Europe countries are irrelevant by themselves but together we are stronger! :D
example: great britain

Have good entrance exam, have solid grades, finish everything in time and state pays for your university.

>Rent 875€/month

No. Why would I?. The state gives me money to go to University and I live off that. I also sell weed sometimes but overall life is pretty comfy right now. Never have problems paying rent, can go out on the weekend, never hungry and can buy some games and clothes every month.
Fucking love this country

businesses can just meet up at the border and toss each other goods/cash in small amounts

Why do your universities not have campuses where students can live?

the stronger together meme makes no sense. all the EU does beyond free trade and movement is redistribute funds from the most efficient parts to the most inefficient parts. from the rich to the poor. this doesn't create wealth at all.

it's not that bad considering the location

there are but those campuses are usually ridiculously small and nobody really wants to live in those commie houses

it's the opposite in the UK. every wants to live in them for the first year. massive parties and the like. people move into private accommodation for the rest though

his IP is german.

It's an investment, you help the poor now so they can create wealth by themselves in the future.

>tfw will have to live in a 9m2 room for the next 2 years
hold me bros

this isn't an investment. you don't get a return on it. what is an investment is spending money on your own infrastructure, human capital etc. not giving random countries in europe, who are relatively well off, free money.

>Food & other food related stuff: 150-200€/month
>Rent 875€/month
jesus fucking christ

It will be an investment when we form our own United States of Europe :^)

>Rent 875€/month
that's a big rent

In England you get a loan, which if you live in London can be around 8/9k

If you don't mind living in a cupboard that's easy enough to live on without working

>damage control

if you don't have a job how do you pay for things lol idiots

not in london, but the loan is nowhere near enough to live on. 3700, when rent costs 360 a month.

Most don't need to here. You get a loan, but it's a weird system. Not everyone can live off their loan, it's expected for many that you'd need extra help from parents or part-time work.

A good amount of university students lives with their parents, so there's no need to work.

yes but see rents in helsinki are quite absurd due to the lack of housing and increasing demand, but i am only living here because my parents are literally millionaires who don't want to me to live in some slum for 4 years

There are, I live near the capital region with a renf of ~290€/month

If you dont want to eat beans and lentils and genereally live like diogenes you gonna have to work.

It's true in Norway, students get payed to study.

Our welfare states pay us when you study

Or the Dutch way, average tuition and all money you get is a loan. Only positive is we can travel for free with public transport.

With mom and papa's money?

Retard

Other people's money i.e goverment, parents. You do realize for instance in southern Europe getting a job as a student is practically impossible right?

Not imposible, just hard.

What even is southern Europe? Just Spain and Poortugal?

Italy spain portugal Greece

en.lmgtfy.com/?q=Southern Europe

if you're on a full time course, then no, although you may do a weekend job

Oh yeah, Italy is a thing

don't be rude to our cousins

There are but too few.

this, I get a sizeable amount (on top of tuition fees which go straight to the uni).
I just have to study instead of worrying about work too, but I'll probably start a weekend job alongside to build a cv or whatever