/w7g/ - Windows 7 General

Discuss anything Windows 7 related!

Other urls found in this thread:

download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html
wsusoffline.net/
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
www74.zippyshare.com/v/dSpULQGy/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/pYCad1fv/file.html
dazwindowsloader.com/
microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=23004
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I once took a shit that was so goddamn huge that I had to flush three times and use a plunger on a fourth flush to finally get it down.

how to pirate? Also the only places I see it available for purchase is from these pajeet third party retailers. Why does microshit not sell the only good OS anymore?

RIP windows 7,
RIP windows.

If I install WES7 with all of the features, is it just like a normal Win7 install?

Reasons to use windows 10 besides directx 12 support? And is that a proper reason at all if you don't have a powerful graphics card to start?

Grab a legitimate ISO from Digital River and use Daz Loader from MDL to activate.

Most games that are DX12 will still support DX11.

If i buy a cheap working Optiplex refurb, can i use the COA to install Windows into a PC i build in about a year? I know OEM copies aren't supposed to transfer but i hear you just call support if it wont accept the key and tell them you're using a new motherboard after the other broken. I dunno if this is correct or different if windows comes from a PC from a certified re furbisher.

install gentoo

can i use my free win10 upgrade from win7 on another computer? i'm building my first PC and i don't wanna pay out the ass for windows but i'm also retarded and don't know how to get it free.

Either find and download a Win7 ISO and use Daz loader, or install Windows Embedded Standard 7(which you can download off Microsoft's site) and use the "XGY72" key.

/r/piracy
Reddit is shit, but not always my friend

Read
And check the wiki

Cheers my man.

------------------------------------
WES7 summary copypasta:
-Based off Windows 7
-Support ends in 2021 instead of 2020
-You can select components you want to install. Including removing IE.
-Embedded Features such as no GUI boot, RAMDisk driver, ability to be installed and booted from external HDD and write filters.
-Volume_BA channel, insert key and you are done. No activation.
-Enterprise features such as Applocker available in Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate
-Keyboard Filter* through group policy that allows you to disable keyboard keys/key combinations.
-Updates are on separate channel, does not install dedicated telemetry updates.**
**Do contain Quality Rollups though. Advice to either disable Update and use write filters:EWF(HORM)/FBWF or manually download the security only updates from windows catalog.
*Requires WEDU1.2 to download the update, and use DISM to add the package.
-Links:
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part1.exe
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part2.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part3.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part4.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part5.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part6.rar
download.microsoft.com/download/1/B/5/1B5FDE63-DA91-4A22-A320-91E002DE1326/Standard_7SP1_64bit/Standard 7 SP1 64bit IBW.part7.rar

Google "XGY72" for PID.
XGY72-BRBBT-FF8MH-2GG8H-W7KCW (tested)
MPMVY-PP762-WWVBC-83RXJ-2H7RH
7XT84-3XQFP-YMXQF-PP96H-F74DV

I Love Windows 7 !!!!!!! :3

that guide is incomplete and many abilities wont work out of the box with that install

Stop shilling your botnet os

Is there a way to get proper Aero on Windows 10? I may ditch Win10 because I miss the look and feel of Windows 7 so fucking much.

Nvidia just announced they are no longer providing drivers for Windows 7 [spoiler]32-bit[/spoiler]
You must upgrade to continue playing video games

Yes, just run this program.

Fuck off whore.

They are no longer supporting any Windows 32-bit, that is including 8.1 and 10 32-bit, not just 7.

Well, then don't. Hope you enjoy your flatshit made in powerpoint.

>using deprecated software ever

tip top kek, keep it up soyboys

pros:
>less botnet
cons:
>unsecured as fuck, full of exploits, probably will be part of a malicious botnet in less than a week of normal use

I'd use Ubuntu if it didn't fuck my bios up

Honestly considering going back to 7. 10 has terrible DPC latency issues for me.

What's it like being retarded?

I'll reconsider, sorry. Only issue would be backing up all of my shit, and updating Windows 7. I had a link to a tool that updated everything without the botnet stuff but I lost it.

How does one shill an os that isnt for sale?
Who pays the shill of an os that is only available though free and illegal methods?

There are two:
>Simplix UpdatePack7R2
forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html

>WSUS offline
wsusoffline.net/

Get clean iso from:
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/

Activation:
www74.zippyshare.com/v/dSpULQGy/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/pYCad1fv/file.html

DAZ Loader for Home/Pro/Ultimate (MBR-only)
MTK for ProVL/Enterprise (MBR and GPT) - needs to be redone every 180 days since it's KMS activation

Same reason I'm on 7. Love the aero aesthetics.

>Haбop пoзвoляeт oбнoвлять paбoчyю cиcтeмy

Im new to all this. You didnt mention kmspico, is there something wrong with kmspico?

Win 7 is broken at a fundamental level, security patches do not make a substitute for the enhanced security features implemented in w10 and in the FCU. What’s it like being retarded?

>enhanced security features implemented in w10 and in the FCU
ayy lmao

Check out my Windows 7 senpai

>what is control flow guard

If you can tell me how do i get memory compression on 7 then i might consider.

Just create a 15GB ram disk on your 16GB system
Then put a 15GB page file on it and tick "Compress this drive to save disk space"

Absolutely kino

It is based on MTK's code. No reason to use it when you can just use MTK.

>CFG
You vouldn't bring a more useless argument. Not only that but since the beginning it wasn't implemented properly, until a month ago. Bet you didn't even know that, but hey, got to suck that jucy pajeet cock, right?

RAM compression? It's useless from my experience. Just get more memory and be done with it.

gib for free

1.doesn't make sense
2.8gb poor race.

Windows 10 in superior in memory control lads.

>NUH-UH!!!!
Lmao, CFG is one of dozens of security features that w7 lacks completely, what’s it like shilling for deprecated unsecured garbage?

It's actually worse than 7. I get missing textures in GTA 5 (like missing terrain or entire buildings) due to Win10's poor meory management. Something that never happened on 7. On a system with 32GB of RAM.

>Microsoft "security" "features"

Because CFG is useless, especially since MS's implementation is still bogus.

At least the memory is nicely compressed

RIP Nanami-tan.info

how much does windows 7 actually cost if im getting the legit thing not some pajeet poo tech?

Microsoft is no longer selling 7

On my desktop where I have 32 GB there's always 0MB compressed. On a system with only 4GB of RAM at most I've seen 90MB compressed which is absolutely nothing.

The ISO files I posted are the official MSDN ones.

>Grab a legitimate ISO from Digital River
Aren't those links gone?

I was merely being sarcastic :^(

>Because CFG is useless
demonstrably false
>MS's implementation is still bogus
uhhh be honest with me, do you even understand what cfg does... because it sounds like you did a cursory google search and copypasted the first reply comment from an anti-ms tech blogpost

You seem to give CFG too much credit. History shows it's close to useless. If you need better security I suggest taking a look at EMET. Although Microshaft will block EMET in the next Winblows 10 update.

It's just way too beautiful user.

I'm running it in a VM(Qemu-KVM).
I have a few PCI devices passed-through and it works well in general, but some games are way slower than running native.
One thing I noticed is that I can't pass more than 2 CPU cores to it, if I try it simply doesn't recognize more.(I have a quad-core).
Where should I look for bottlenecks?

I will never forgive microshit.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 user. It supports 192GB of ram, thanks to MS limiting it support on new cpu/hardware we won't ever get to see a consumer system in the wild stuffed with 192GB of ram that runs 7 64bit. Sad.

Indeed, they removed the best part about Windows.

I don't mind aero, but been using the "cold light" variant of the placebo visual style forever (by SolMiler on deviantart)

Zero reasons.

Could you elaborate on the daz loader. Is there a tutorial?

you can download daz loader from here: dazwindowsloader.com/

don't trust the one from mdl, it's a virus

You're passing the cores as individual CPUs.
It thinks you're VMing it on a quad socket CPU and win is only compatible with 2x CPU.
Use virsh edit to make them cores or threads instead.

Use Server2008R2. Same as 7, just has a 2TB limit.

That one from your link is malware. Use the one from MDL. It's posted by the one who crated it, and, at the same time, MDL's administrator.

God, windows themes on deviantart turned into some horrible bullshit some years ago. Why do they allow straight copies of popular themes that lead to a pay site?

the enhanced security features (helping wheels for retards without common sense) implemented in w10 are not worth of losing an OS and installing a (((Service))) that behaves literally like a spyware(spies on you), adware(push ads on you) and malware(reinstalls and uninstalls software without your consent during major patches) in one package

No, it's missing all post-sp1 feature updates (update cleanup, a media foundation update that some vidya needs etc.)

There is a OEM repo with these updates for WES7 but it's not public.
You can however franken build by installing the Windows 7 version of these updates, but said components wont update further from the point you manually install it, this is a slight problem as updates are merged into incompatible cumulative updates now.

Most of it is unimportant anyway, unless something needs it like the MF update just leave it stock.

Run it in KVM w/ passthrough and spoof the CPUID. It can be kept alive as long as there are GPU drivers for it.

Weren't you banned?

microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=23004
You can download some of those repos with WEDU.

Bump