I just installed Manjaro and abandoned Windows 10 forever. This wasn't difficult...

I just installed Manjaro and abandoned Windows 10 forever. This wasn't difficult. Why do you fucks say running Linux is hard? Everything's on Google anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18679433/[Flatpak-Linux]Cuphead
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GNU/Linux*

lol enjoy your no games, fag

Go to sleep

>Manjaro
>Instead of real Archlinux

you're not my mom

>mah gay men

OP clearly wanted an easy experience, not to spend several hours of his life reading a wiki and a couple of O'Reilly books before even attempting to install his OS.

>being willing to go through the effort of learning Linux to escape the Windows botnet but still using Google
Why?

>botnet in local machine
vs
>botnet in browser
std::thinking

gonna need a sauce on that background fåm

You should probably use the OS for a while before you start bragging about how easy it is. I've been Linux-only for a couple years now, and I'm still learning/tweaking/researching workarounds.

just wait until you get one of those 5 year old bugs that were never fixed with no solution lol

>lol enjoy your no games, fag

comes with manjaro cinnamon

So I wasn't playing ARMA III, Cuphead, Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and DOTA last night then, weird

Ok, so Steam has some Linux games. The point still stands. If you're a gamer, you at least have to dual boot.

>gamer

I'm not a gamer, so no thank you. Just pointing it out.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=37D2bRsthfI

alri, ta xx

Honestly, you'd have a better argument if you said no MS Office or Photoshop. There's a really good ecosystem for games on linux now, it's no longer tux racer-tier.

Excuse me sir do you have a minute to talk about Le Real Man's Distro, Arch Linux?

>dual boot
>what is pcie passthrough
it's not even funny anymore when you can write a script that launches a game within a windows emulation within seconds at basically full hardware performance

>I only play normalfag reddit games
enjoy your significantly lower framerates.

enjoy your slightly inferior performance compared to just dual booting

>no games
>b-but gaming is for children
>no photoshop
>just use GIMP
>Ubuntu corrupts bios
>Ubuntu is trash, install Gentoo
>I need Office
>J-just use Wine or a Windows VM but please don't switch back to Windows on bare metal
The absolute state of freetards.

>I need Office
Then install libreoffice.
I don't see your problem.

>freetards
A nanosecondly reminder that anyone using this word is an idiot, shill, or child. There are no other options. Not one reasonable person with a functioning brain would ever use that word. On the other hand, idiots and children have an overpowering need to rationalize why corporations must be allowed to rape them, and shills do it to please their masters.

I installed arch 3 times and for my main laptop I used manjaro because I got bored and didn't want to visit driver hell again.

This.

>I just installed Manjaro and abandoned Windows 10 forever.
>just
>forever

The world is populated by idiots, but this place has exceptionally high variance.

Whats the difference between the two?

>I just installed Manjaro

Ok so you admit your knowledge of computers is so shit that you cant even install arch, let alone gentoo.
>and abandoned Windows 10 forever.
believe me you will b e back on windows within a week. Mangina is fucking shit. You may as well pin a note on your ass reading "Push your cock up here" and walk into a gay bar

/thread
Linux is garbage

Which browser do you use ?

Shut the fuck up get out

Fucking noob we can play on linux

go masturbate to your anime sperglord

freetards are mentally ill losers desu senpai

>play any game released in the last 30 years
>reddit games
epic

>cinnamon

Totally useless boy

Manjaro, Gnome on wayland, watefox, Firefox, Chromium, Minecraft (ftb), 4chandownloader, wifite....

Manjaro distributions are garbage and the entire concept of them being packaged into distributions neglects every feature of arch that makes it different from Ubuntu. You might as well have just installed Ubuntu.

Anyone thinking of using Manjaro: use Antergos instead.

Only if you play bad games

How did you get Cuphead to work on Wine? When I tried the controller wasn't working.

>the neet opinion
>use libre for work presentation or college assignment
>professors gives you 0 because the contents page formatting didn't work correctly when he opened the file in windows
>boss fires you because report ended up a mess because everything got shifted one page down

infinitesimal reminder that people actually need software to fucking work

Pirate the Linux version.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18679433/[Flatpak-Linux]Cuphead

>cinnamon

Cinnamon

Why dual boot or fuck with passthrough when you can just use a windows host and Linux guest vm. Using Linux as a primary doesn't make you more secure or private in a tangible way. You should be using something like tails anyway, on a dedicated privacy machine, with offline storage.

Never use word formats. Just use markdown or Google docs for documents

>Why do you fucks say running Linux is hard?
because out go-to distro is Arch or Gentoo

Not using LaTeX and Markdown

Manjaro is good, don't let these retards tell you otherwise. You will end up distro hopping for the rest of your life.

once you start running into things from AUR not installing for no apparent reason and having to fiddle just as much as a normal arch installation would, talk to me then.

just install mint+kde and have it just werk

Still dual boot here. should I delete my Windows 7 partition?

Yes, take the next step and get rid of that win7 partition

>enjoy your slightly inferior performance compared to just dual booting
yeah because having total control over all my other shit isn't worth trading 2% of my gaming performance on my already overpowered rig. i can still run everything on ultra just fine

you give arch users a bad name

also on manjaro because i got tired of arch updates breaking everything

Sour grapes as fuck.

>oops that network card isn't supported
>enjoy your generic mouse, monitor, etc with generic shit drivers
>everything works with wine, sometimes!
>learn to live with bugs, or learn to fix them
This is unacceptable, if you faggots are so leet why don't your pool you double digit IQ power together and make a OS worth switching to?

Delete yourself.

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.
Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.
One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?
(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.

Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it.
You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument.
Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?

You can't deny the truth that Arch is the supreme distribution for hardcore users
Only Gentoo users know more about Linux than Arch users.

there are two kinds of people.

maybe he has a console, not everyone is a fucking neckbeard in a basement, you know

Excellent choice user. I started with Ubuntu and went through all kinds of distros. Finally been on Manjaro for 2 years now. Whenever I get bored, I try other distros on vmware but keep going back to Manjaro. It's comfy as hell.

You have to go back.

Those cheeks are the size of a woman's ass

>Why do you fucks say running Linux is hard?
You'd be surprised how retarded the average Windows users is. They're literally dumber than macfags.

this is Goðafoss waterfall in northern Iceland
looks pretty good irl too

>filename
kek. yeah I remember seeing it in the default GNOME wallpaper packs. it's nice.

>No Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 with every plugin known to man
>No Microsoft Office 2016
>No decent PS2 emulator
>No Dark Souls

Why even Linux once?

photoshop is the only legit complaint there
libreoffice and google docs are superior to ms office, pcsx2 works fine and dark souls is a 6 years old game

>dark souls is a 6 year old game
>he would probably use the same "old game" argument if the ps2 emulator didn't work on linux
The absolute state of lincucks.

according to a short google it works fine on wine though

running linux with something better than integrated graphics is retarded

>Wine
>Running anything 1/20,000,000,000 the speed.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Why is gentoo not part of the truly free distros on the GNU website?

Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.

>ARMA 3
>not Squad

>hardcore users
well, in deed is not for newbies which is my point

Fuck off, Richard. It's "Linux".

>You can't deny the truth that Arch is the supreme distribution for hardcore users
only most are not "using" and are fixing it all day.

Real power users that need to get shit done use Opensuse, truly the Linux Master race

if you're not a pc gamer, yes

Photoshop works fine in Wine now, doesn't it?

Companies are choosing to use online solutions instead of locally installed programs or they ask for or allow PDFs but go ahead and make up scenarios ranjeet. I'm sure you need the 10 extra rupees.

>install linux on your PC
>your PS4 suddenly stops working

>Opensuse, truly the Linux Master race
I switch from Arch to TW about 6 months ago and I end up returning to Arch, Suse has good things. However nothing I can get on Suse/obs can't get on Arch but not the other way around, it lacks many non-free packages, AUR is more friendly and complete, zypper refresh repos very slow, there were problems in TW that I never experienced on Arch.

Literally the same thing with the graphical desktop preinstalled. Here's another (you) for you though I guess.

>manjaro
haha retard

>Many computer users run systemd every day, without even realizing it

That's not entirely true

I want to install arch without the fuss:
>Use Antergos

I want a rolling-release distro with Pacman that is less risky to update than arch:
>Install Manjaro