Is the lack of a headphone jack a problem to you? Any cheap workarounds?

Is the lack of a headphone jack a problem to you? Any cheap workarounds?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Wireless-Bluetooth-3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Stereo-Music-Home-Car-Receiver-Adapter-Mic/998767630?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=c2888973-479e-4f8c-38ea-4b89d0cc4b7b&config_id=72&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=c2888973-479e-4f8c-38ea-4b89d0cc4b7b&item_id=998767630&parent_anchor_item_id=897400928&parent_item_id=897400928&placement_id=irs-72-b3&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=c6TdFbV9uNY1ZNWYZyR3MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy a phone that isn't fucking trash.

>Any cheap workarounds?
Buy a better phone, you will save hundreds

Well, unfortunately I got locked into this phone by some shitty contract deal. I actually like the OS a lot, but the lack of a headphone jack is rather arbitrary and bothersome at times.

I use an iPhone 6 for work and it the battery is going bad. Considering switching over to a Galaxy Note 8 cuz I'm done dealing with Apple's shit.

I also consider myself a """power user""" and need to use my phone almost constantly for my job. Calls, email, pics...I need to be able to use headphones while charging the device. And no, I'm not dealing with shitty bluetooth headphones.

I've always wanted something like the AirPods anyway, I only use iPhones and only use the supplied EarPods usually. I think rubber tips are awful and I'm not an audiophile, a very casual listener who thinks AAC encoded music off iTunes is great. Its nice to be a normie in some regards.

$900 phone vs $25 battery replacement kit

There's actually a headphone jack in that phone.

You just got to drill a small hole where the headphone jack should be and you'll find it.

>Any cheap workarounds?
yeah the dongle that comes with the phone

Give it back, Jamal.

as funny as this sounds
a guy in shenzen did just that
turns out Apple left the space free for a jack, just in case someone wants to put one in themselves

Of course it is. I actually work and I don't have time to be babysitting the battery life of shitty bluetooth headphones due to a gimped phone. I'm constantly on a call while I'm doing something. The iphone just doesn't do it for busy people like me.

>he actually fell for Apple's PR bullshit
>implying the iphones' shitty battery life can sate a power user

dongle dongle dongle

...the adapter that comes with the phone..?
Are apple Sup Forums users really this fucking thick?

Well, I really meant as far as charging and listening to music at the same time

buy the other dongle that lets you dongle while you dongle

It's a problem for me. Don't want to use Bluetooth when cables are just fine. I would just not buy a phone if it didn't have that.

t. UMIDIGI C NOTE 2 owner.

I frequently use the headphone jack on my phone so yes it would be pretty much a deal breaker. Not that I would ever buy apple trash to begin with.

I literally got an iPhone X an hour ago. No problems yet. Will report back.

Alrighty thanks for your input

That was a pretty cool video.

something like one of these bluetooth audio recievers/"adapters"
walmart.com/ip/Wireless-Bluetooth-3-5mm-AUX-Audio-Stereo-Music-Home-Car-Receiver-Adapter-Mic/998767630?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=c2888973-479e-4f8c-38ea-4b89d0cc4b7b&config_id=72&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=c2888973-479e-4f8c-38ea-4b89d0cc4b7b&item_id=998767630&parent_anchor_item_id=897400928&parent_item_id=897400928&placement_id=irs-72-b3&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVAV&visitor_id=c6TdFbV9uNY1ZNWYZyR3MM

Are applel apologists always this hostile?

>is it a problem
Yes, the secondary usage of my phone is listening to music
>any workarounds
I shop for a phone that has a headphone jack. Literally any decent phone will have one.

>Is the lack of a headphone jack a problem to you?
No, I rarely use my phone's headphone jack. Still won't buy a phone without one though.

Umm Bluetooth headphones??

>paying premium for inferior headphones
>another shitty thing to charge every day

The headphone jack destroyed my ears, who's laughing now 3.5mm dicklet

>2018 -8days
>Not using balanced audio jack
ISHYGDDT

Who the fuck still use 3.5 jack ? Use bluetooth if you don't give a fuck or 2.5/4.4 balanced jack if audio really matter to you.

Not a problem to me. I have Bose Quietcomfort 35 wireless headphones

>any cheap workarounds

The iPhone comes with a pair of lightning headphones and an adapter.

> browses Sup Forums all day
> power user

FPBP

Ummm, sweety, USB-C is a headphone jack.

"Apple is kill"
"no"

>Any cheap workarounds?
Buy a cheaper phone that has it :^)

Does this work with 2 sets of headphones?

This shit is why I love Samsung, when I spotted this shot I was fucking dying. It's just so cheeky and blink-you'll-miss-it

There are some for 4 dolla on aliexpress too, its pretty amd you can make any old speakers or headphones bluetooth modern

But Apple is dead. The last time an Apple product was CONSIDERABLE, was the IIGS in 1987, which got beaten by the Amiga. That was literally when free software was non-existent, when mechanical keyboards were standard, and probably before all of your newfags' moms were born. Their phones are just locked, dumbed down, mainstream shit that normalfags shill because they just have to have the "best".

Yeah it's much easier to have wire connected while using then while charging.

Trust me you dont want that. The interference from the charging will fuck your sound quality.

easy dont buy apple retard

You can't work around wireless being shit when there are other devices fighting for the same frequency and EM noise.

My S8 has a jack port.
It's placement is great.
I can play Love Live SIF and the cable doesn't bother me.
I use wired ear buds and wired headphones.
It works.

/ t h r e a d

Did your employer make the contract? If not, you yourself locked yourself into this shitty contract deal.
Learn from this mistake and don't be such a mindless consumerist in the future.

>calls, emails, pics
>power user
Smartphones were truly a mistake.

No. One port is for charging and one for music.

>I also consider myself a """power user""
>bought an iphone

>iphone
>no removable battery
>no microsd card
>no headphone jack
why the fuck is it 900$ again?

>inb4 why the fuck do you need microsd/removable batter

MicroSD is very important to increase the poor piss and expensive storage on most cellphones. Furthermore, microSD allows you to store all your data on the removable SD card, which means if you ever fuck up and drop your cellphone in water, you don't lose all your data

Removable battery is very important, since it makes it easy to replace a dying battery as well as being able to buy an extra one and swap the battery when the other one died. Beats carrying around a fucking pocket charger and the cable that goes with it.

>power user
>calls, emails

do they come in the box with the iphone?

>Any cheap workarounds?
Why cheap? What kind of retard buys these fucking expensive phones and then chooses to use 'cheap' gear with it?

Only idiots buy phones without line out, it's a fact.

>innovation
>iteration
>idiocy

we're at idiocy right now

Yes.

>Any cheap workarounds?
Sure, but it's not the price that bothers me. They could give away dongles for free, it's still terrible.

this

No, I listen to music from a separate music player.

>I'm not being retarded
Good for you.

Pic related.

My phone doesn't have a headphone jack. Pissed me off at first but I bought Bluetooth earbuds and I don't even notice it anymore

I've never once used the headphone jack on my phone, but I'd never buy a phone without one just because I object on principle to the thinness-uber-alles crap.

Do lightning versions of this exist?

Not really, Bluetooth headphones are fine.

fuck those sony ericsson proprietary shit plugs, those tiny exposed pins always broke

Dont worry user, once you get a real job youll know what he means

i use bt headphones with my phone, but fuck using bt in cars. the lag is too much.

Do not buy from Samsung
Do not buy from Apple
Do not buy a Pixel 2

Buy something else, idiot.

Honestly, a dongle isn't a big deal to me. It will likely stay on the end of my earbuds anyway.

There is a tecnology that works flawlessly, never needs to recharge and never gets lost.

Change it for no positive gain at all.

I use wireless headphones anyway so it doesnt affect me much.

there's no positive gain for you. There's a positive gain for the manufacturer's bottom line because now mindless consumers will buy a $150 accessory with their phones.

iPhones come with free lightning earbuds

Yes and no

Still don't understand how murricans let this happen. Is YT shilling this strong to actually convince people that headphone jack had to go for bullshit reasons?

Just get a one plus senpai.

No, I own a OP3
>Any cheap workarounds?
...don't be a retard and stop buying things you don't want?

>OP3
>one plus
POO

except when you have to charge those stupid things every 4 hours?
surely you notice then?

>Is the lack of a headphone jack a problem
No, join us in the True Wireless™ future

>1200 dollar phone that needs an adapter for an adapter
>can't change and listen to music unless you pay for said adapter, or use retarded wireless charging
>if you need more than 128 gig well then go fuck yourself because you'll need to carry around a portable drive and another adapter

Lack of 3.5mm jack is instant deal breaker. They can remove the USB port if they want, I wouldn't mind charging wirelessly, but being forced to use bluetooth headphones or adapters is unacceptable.

So far it's not a problem.
I was worried because this is the first phone I've purchased without a dedicated headphone jack, but even after my 5hr+ planeride from the east coast back home, my phone still had like 65% battery life with the screen on the whole time.

You can easily go two days or so without recharging, so it's not really a problem

Yeah, I don't really feel like buying a new pair of headphones, or a dongle, just because Apple is trying too hard to be "innovative" by removing necessary components.

/thread

I dont think it matters much unless your phone has cucked battery life and doesnt come with an adapter to use the microusb port.