Ha hahaha now all you retarded 32 bit cpu holdouts will be forced FORCED to upgrade to 64 bit like decent human bieings...

ha hahaha now all you retarded 32 bit cpu holdouts will be forced FORCED to upgrade to 64 bit like decent human bieings and even if you dont have nvidia othet companies will follow this soon

just upgrade already what are you poor?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think you're going to be able to bait anyone with this. Everyone actually already does use 64 bit, those "holdouts" you speak of don't exist.

What exactly would someone on a 32 bit system be doing with 2017-spec graphics drivers with gamer bloat?

you would be shocked there are people i have ran into who argued about it tooth and nail "why should i have to upgrade my pc still works even though its 15 fucking years old" "why doesnt this old game i used to olay at 15 fps stilk support my old shit why do online games need to keep up with the times?" shit like that

Yeah, but if their shit is that old then they weren't getting driver updates anyway. No one supports Windows XP anymore. And if their PC is just terrible to begin with they would probably just have integrated graphics

why should they? Why should people who don't need more than that be forced to upgrade? Not like this is going to force them either.

Does this mean we can get rid of Program Files (x86) now?

GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem.

but it has 400 other problems

why would those people care that shit they're really hot on not buying won't support their hardware then?

Uni-fucking-ronically this.

This. If someone is putting in the effort to ``hold out'', as OP says, why would buy the latest GPU? If they're mature enough to not fabricate a reason to build a new gaming rig, I doubt they're playing video games, anyways--at least, beyond a casual capacity.

Literally 90% of 32Bit wintard users are on a 64Bit OS anyway, according to software download statistics.

Nvidia is canceling support for "legacy" 32-bit drivers too, which means no more security fixes.

Does it still work? The luddites don't care past that.

I sure hope so.

I didn't even know people were holding out on 64 bit.

Why would you stick to a 32bit processor?

Who would be using a 10+ year old CPU with a modern GPU?

>>>>>>>>>

This is why I stopped buying from nvidia.
FOSS drivers are the only solution to that kind of planned obsolescence.

>will be forced FORCED to upgrade to 64 bit
Uh, why would i be forced to upgrade?
Why does someone upgrade in the first place?
The answer is need.
What constitutes need?
It can be anything except hardware companies stopping support, because people don't upgrade their systems for that reason.

You should stop smoking dog droppings OP.
It's bad for your health.

CPUs have been 64bit since Core 2 Duo(Pentium 4 too but lets ignore that) for the last 10 years

OP IS A FAGGOT

A 32 bit processor has less bits so each bit gets extra attention . Kind of like a organic chicken farm producing a few high quality eggs than a huge farm producing lots of garbage eggs .

>what are you poor?
What are you? 12?

My dad uses my old PC that is 32bit ;)

if someone uses 32 bit cpu chances are they don't have a gpu that's supported anyways.

my windows95 pc works fine with the nvidia gt card, no need to upgrade any drivers retard

People who stick to 32bit systems use old hardware, only retards use 32bit on modern hardware.

I have a T60 with an x86 Core Duo, with Win7 x86, it is perfect for studying, why the fuck would I bother to upgrade before it breaks?

Yeah, all legacy software is gonna get compiled for 64 bit now. Hey, remember all those DOS apps that businesses stopped using 20 years ago?

But what about my 32 bit printer drivers that won’t be updated to 64 bit

Do you fags not read at all?

R390 is the last driver branch with 32-bit release

You can use R390 driver on your 32-bit PC until the end of time

Driver branches after R390 is 64-bit only and only works on 64-bit CPUs

This might come as a surprise to you OP, but people don't upgrade for the sake of upgrading and they don't upgrade because of drivers.
They upgrade by need. If they don't have a need then they have no reason to spend money on new systems.

There were a couple threads on Sup Forums complaining that Overwatch was 64-bit, I can only imagine someone was still playing on a fucking Pentium 4 or something in 2017.

Arch just dropped 32-bit support, I can only imagine more and more distros aside from Debian will as well. Most newer programs are only 64 bit now.

Nvidia is 100x better at supporting legacy hardware and software though, AMD doesn't even support Windows 8.1 even though it's still in commercial support. Nvidia supported Windows XP with drivers longer than AMD did as well. They also have proprietary BSD drivers.