I want a setup like this. talk me out of it

I want a setup like this. talk me out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1514040729&sr=8-7&keywords=a+ monitor stand
youtube.com/watch?v=oe30habM0ls#t=33
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do whatever the fuck you want, we're not your fucking mother.

I would at least recommend you to use a mouse and keyboard as well as a monitor cable additionally to this setup. Other than this it's fine.

Something like this?

arms are actually best setup
don't buy shit new though

Living the dream

I have a 2 arm set but my 32 inch monitor is too heavy so now it just holds my VIVE on a fake head and my left speaker

No. I want it too.

YES GOY, CONSUME MORE

Looks cool (and expensive).

time sure changes

Hardly any people who don't want an arm which gives you nice desk space, and at least 2 monitors that can be swiveled and tilted any way one wants with regards to sitting position, viewing angle regarding pixel fading, and a comfy task-related orientation like portrait mode for documents/browsing/programming/music playlists/etc.

The only problem is that there are not enough good pneumatic arm brands that support 27" weights.

would such clamps work on a flimsy IKEA desk or does it need to be solid wood.
I'd rather not have it take a bite out of my table while wrecking the monitor

They will wreck the cardboard table you have

put a 6 inch square of plywood under the desk
you wont see it and it will distribute the weight of the arm clamp
it would probably hold but never chance that shit

This

>put a 6 inch square of plywood under the desk
And a piece of square black rubber as well,
for friction, elasticity between the surfaces to spread the forces even better, and so the molecules are melded together even better over time after fastening the 3 surfaces.

>moves table slightly to the right

not him but what if my ikea table is actually wood? presumably pine

a simple wooden board does the trick

also that concept of having the guts behind the screen is called "iMac" or "eyeMac", as the pros say, my colored person.

The desk I used to work at had one of those arms. I adjusted it once then forgot about it.

I have one of those in dual monitor form and like it. When shopping for arms I found that was offered as an HP arm and bought via Ebay for much less money.

you sick fucker
oh who am i kidding i'd probably place some books on top of this monitor and then would move table..

do it faggot !

also, is this a separate arm or is this sold with monitor ?

The support thingy might break & your monitor would be rekt.

I wont talk you out of this. Pneumatic arms are godmode. I had a two monitor setup and the stands ate up shitloads of desk space. I have them both on a double pneumatic arm stand and I'm extremely fucking satisfied with the result. Just don't cheap out on a new one or buy a really good one used.

Go for it OP but don't cheap out on the arm. Also the ones that you drill into the wall are better/more stable than the one you hook on the desk.
This is the setup I did for my step-son's mother. The arm was 70 eur but still feels kinda cheap on the joints.

>my step-son's mother

ayy lmao

I've been using a dual monitor ergotron arm for years without problems

Be prepared for your desk to sag. Only way to prevent this is to put support where the arm will go

I got this recently
amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1514040729&sr=8-7&keywords=a+ monitor stand

Would recommend.

Dude you might as well just buy a corby trouser press to show everone how cool you are.
Get that monitor swivel arm, a corby trouser press, and a teasmaid alarm clock
Even your parents would disown you as being squarer than a fucking square
You may as well proclaim that you love the Nolan Sisters music

6 monitor all mounted on non pneumatic arm. Each double stack arm pair was $60AUD and given i have about 2k worth of displays mounted to it i would say its a pretty good deal given the flexibility it gives you.

I have to say thought, bolt through is the way to go. You can put it basically wherever you want and you use up less desk space than clamp mount. Wall mount is also pretty gud.

Im about to buy that exact model, anything I should know? is the height adjustable?

Or have a non-shitty desk.

that itx case and pico psu cost 2x more than the normal big ones

He's a stupid incel anyway

I dont have it but it looks like it's not height adjustable user

We all do.
Unfortunately graphics cards suck in tiny cases and I'm not gonna mount a fucking mid tower onto a floating arm just to get my 1080 rocking.

I would probably murder that cat.
Who the fuck even allows beasts inside their own home ?

N-nice

Use a steam machine or some prebuild tiny pc

considering how imbalanced that screen was in the first place I would say that he probably deserved it.

I have the dual one and yes, unless you want to do it toolless. You have to loosen the bolts on it.

This, buy an ergotron monitor arm. You'll probably use it for at least the next 10 years. Don't cheap out on it.

/thread

The quality of threads these days.

we use that exact arm in one of the large classrooms. They are really good.

this is staged

yeah the cat was paid to do this

Depends on the desk. Plywood or other load spreaders work very well. I even had one dual arm bolted to a vertical pipe stand I fabbed. I used about a 2ft x 2 1/2ft rectangular plate welded to the pipe then (after cleaning it up and spraybombing it black to match my stand) used a dually Chevrolet brake drum to hold it down. No need to attach drum and the setup is mobile. I don't care for desks when I can have freestanding screens.

Anyone here try the Loctek D7D or the D7DR? I've been considering it, but it seems pretty hit or miss despite looking so well built.

I have a monitor arm similar to that, but the screen doesn't stay totally level when I swing it around like I'd hope it would. Are there arms that do a better job at that?

>ergotron
are these any good?

There better be Kuro on the other side of that daki.

Biggest problem with this setup is even slight table movements/vibrations will cause the monitor to shake like crazy. Your monitor is going to have a dance party if you type on keyboard, on that table.

You should either have a separate stand that's not attached to the table or fix the arm to the wall.

Either way, this is spending way too much money and time to fix a problem you don't really have.

That only happens if you buy a cheapo stand, all the better ones compensate for it. Also chances are your current vanilla monitor stands shake just as much.

What's a cute setup.

fpbp

Monitor arms are actually pretty dope, especially for multi-monitor setups.

Yeah it is but you have to loosen the screw holding the horizontal part to the vertical pole. So I wouldn't get it if you plan to do a lot of up and down adjustments. Myself I adjusted the height once and just use the horizontal pivot.

>are these any good?
yes, i have a LX HD with a 40" 4k tv and it is worth the money. And as found out, you get what you pay for

Nice. Got pics?

You're not fucking my mother? I am.

That Alienware alpha r2 looks pretty good for pretty much anything then again this is coming from a guy who uses a 750ti.

Make sure you buy one that lets you pivot. The first stand I got couldn't pivot. Either my desk wasn't level or the stand wasn't because my monitor was always tilted and it got even worse when extending the arm.

I got the Amazon Basics arm and it is pretty nice, but I ended up stripping one of the hex adjustment screws the first day because it wouldn't move and the metal was too soft. Hopefully I never have to adjust it.

I DON'T CARE

If you want to be able to move your monitor get a monitor arm they're really great.

Instead of one of those little computers you could opt for a laptop with nicer specs and have two monitors whenever you want it or portability when you don't.

I'm getting one for a 35" ultrawide so I don't have the huge stand on my desk, is this a good idea?

I feel sick every time I see that picture.

I do recommend stands.

I have 3 boxes full of ergotron monitor arms from a company that was going to throw them away. I should probably use them some time.

youtube.com/watch?v=oe30habM0ls#t=33

reddit tier

Those fucking quality monitor arms cost a lot.

if you're poor.

ITT A bunch of faggots talk about gay stuff like its fucking cool. Jeeezas get a fucking life, you dont need that shit you fucking fags. Have a wank and a whiskey and STFU act like men rather than cock obsessed monkeys

No, arm mounts are fantastic.

what stand is that on the lower monitor?

Put a dip in and can it

Serves him right for having a cat.

Fake AF. No cables. Monitor on the very edge.

the Ergotron dual arm mount supports my 2 27" just fine.

Small monitor would be fine but if your doing a dual mount or something decent size/weight it will definitely need to be a solid desk. I just have one of the solid wood desk tops and then legs from ikea, costs around $100.

not 'someone taking a video of themselves doing sit ups pre internet being fast enough to stream' or, 'the camera's position is perfect for this, why would the shot be set up this way?'

i built my first pc in that case