Offical linux cannot do thread

in this thread we post things that linux cannot do. I'll start
>pic related
linux cannot into gpu monitor in a task manager.

there are so many reasons to dislike linux and THIS is the one you choose to brag about?
a fucking GPU usage monitor?
jesus christ

Linux is a kernel

(obligatory radeontop reply)

why would i want to use an operating system that can't even into gpu monitor in something as simple as a task manager? right there alone should stop you from even considering linux because if it cannot into gpu monitor then it sure as hell can't get into anything else.

There is a terminal one for radeon cards, not sure about nvidia.
>Oh but it's not gooye!!!
Fuck off imbecile.

It's fucking useless.
GPU monitor in the terminal (like intel_gpu_top) is infintely more useful because it supports collection of samples that can be piped and therefore used for something else.
All you can do with LE TASK MANAGER is stare it like a gibbering idiot, take a screenshot and share your childish colourful charts on your precious pcmasterrace subreddit.

Prove me wrong Sup Forumseddit

here user

He's using it to see if he's infected with crypto miner. :^)

what do you even use the GPU monitor for?
honest question
all it does is done better by third party apps
if you're rendering, it sure as fuck is going to be 100% anyway
if you're playing video games, third party apps with overlays are the only sane solution since you don't have to alt-tab constantly

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Guess we can add "being infected with crypto miner" to OP's list then

>things wind0ze can't do

Have no pic but:
Distribution of software by the software developers themselves, not some retarded "package manager".
And backwards compatibility

>what do you even use the GPU monitor for?
>stop liking things i don't like
>640 kB ought to be enough for anybody
>why you need 4gb of ram? why not 3.5gb? why not 2gb?

Winfags BTFO

Is that Linux's fault? Or AMD/NVidia's?
I'd say the latter

can you repeat that without spouting unrelated memes like a mentally impaired toddler?

What other reasons would you suggest nerd

Windows 10 has virtual desktops though.

What update is that in? Pretty sweet desu

but does microshaft winblows have cube thing?? Didn't think so dude.

How package manager is retarded?
Windows:
>install something that requires third party software
>oh noes, I have to install C++ libraries now
>oh noes, I have to install .NET framework
>oh noes, I have to install directx

Now a retarded "package manager" way:
sudo apt install

done, wow, so retarded.
You can also do comfy things like:
apt search
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt remove
apt show

Wow, all this functionality and comfiness so retarded.

yeah, after 10 years, plus most normies don't realize it exists.

You did not answer the question at all and just proved to me you have no idea what you're talking about

Pacman is superior though:
sudo pacman -S
pacman -Ss
sudo pacman -Syu
sudo pacman -Rns
pacman -Qi

>implying my system monitor doesn't include gpu

> oh nois, I cannot find GPU monitor
> linux can't do this!!!
> theez package manager is too hard for me, let me install exe that with a 50% chance can be a fucking malware

thread in a nutshell

Portage is superior though:
sudo emerge
esearch
sudo emerge -uDN @world
sudo emerge --depclean
eix

It's like you don't want to have up to date software

>People meme about GNU/Linux
>kek haha just call it Linux
>People bring up issues with Linux
>B-but Linux is just a kernel
I laf

Boot

Absolutely brutal.

Call me when ASIO

Linux cannot into apps. It's literally a "Wow, youtube works, even with sound! Guess I can delete the VM now.." OS.

Linux is basically chromebook for autists.

?????????????????????

So I guess lincucks can't read either lol

where's the GPU?

LOL
makes sense most of them typically come from really uneducated nations or are generally neets

Linuux is a kernel, retard.

debian did it better. its actually possible to understand what the command does without reading any manuals unlike on pacman where you need to read one to know what those letters after the - do.

Be a functioning OS that doesn't require major messing around with for basic functionality.

It'd be there if I had one :^)

he's an idiot who clearly barely used linux
of course he knows nothing to compare it with

***Updated***
Windows:
>open store
>click update

Linux:
>open one of your riced out terminals
>ah right sudo ape update
>oops sudo apt update

macOS:
>click mac app store
>click update

This makes your resident NEET linux loser angerrryyyy and this isn't even taking into account how mindblowing annoying it is to actually develop FOR linux ON linux in comparison to macos/windows.

>with sound
>pulseaudio
kek nice joke

It's true. Also it's so funny we have a bunch of posters who scream botnet at everything - but google is the only one making Linux actually usable thanks to chromeOS and android.

>Does your breath smell like cum?
>No = Linux because you spend too much time fixing the shit and don't have time to spend socializing with the human race hence why you fap to anime.

portage is even worse than apt is, btfo gen2 shill

normal linux distros have automatic updates and gui update managers too now.

Why socialize if you can fix loonix shit?
It's much more interesting.

Except they're abandoned actually.

portage is the best. you can customize everything with it. its not the easiest to use but its worth learning how it works.

Yeah, that's because using CLI interface is much faster.

Linux can't have a program like Everything because their developers are retards and also their filesystems are shit.

GNU/Linux doesn't need something like everything because its file system isn't shit like Windows.

lol you clearly don't know anything about Linux. just because the default task manager in whatever fucking distro you chose doesn't have a gpu monitor readily available doesn't mean that tool doesn't exist.
The point is that even saying GNU/Linux in this case would be wrong because it's not the OS's fault that OP is too retarded to find a GPU monitor that runs on it

LOL delusional

Great job contradicting your point

There's nvidia-smi

fsearch comes pretty close

It's also because developing linux programs for linux with a GUI is an actual nightmare. No wonder any programs worth a shit are just ports. Docs are horrendous.

>Be a functioning OS that doesn't require major messing around with for basic functionality.

Yet at the same time wincucks will defend the forced updates, spying and all the other shit Microshaft does with "bu..but you can partially disable it in the registry"

Meanwhile Ubuntu, Manjaro, Mint etc all just werk out of the box, even for someone who is tech illiterate.

> windows store
Yeah, because we all know the quality of shovelware on that. Not to mention the bugs, like if an update fails it will keep re trying.
If you actually think the windows store is equivalent to a package manager, you are fucking braindead and do not belong on Sup Forums.

> almost 2018
> windows still needs defrags
NTFS is the worst modern filesystem.

>Yeah, because we all know the quality of shovelware on that.
Still mad it has musicbee and spotify and your shitty distro still doesn't have any worthwhile music player? Trying to make the ecosystem better by not relying on random commands or links found online is somehow a bad thing?
Back to the cave you go troll.

Linux can't spy on you from built in malware.
Linux can't be hijacked be common Windows-targeted viruses
Linux can't run programs that forcefully install spyware behind your back

The absolute horror. Suicide watch, etc.

>Linux can't spy on you from built in malware.
Wrong.
>Linux can't be hijacked be common Windows-targeted viruses
Being a common virus means even defender can deal with it, moot point.
>Linux can't run programs that forcefully install spyware behind your back
Wrong. Also, most linux users (who have been convinced through Sup Forums to use it) are so stupid they run everything root.
Gotta love it when linuxtards try so desperately to prove themselves superior but actually just wind up demonstrating how little they know.

>whereis

Loonix is a k-kurnul!!!!11!!!!!1111

I hope you die from paper cuts to your urethra you worthless sack of shit

what exactly is this thread aboot?

>Wrong.
Nice source.
>Being a common virus means even defender can deal with it, moot point.
and if it can't, unmoot point. Also enjoy the rare ones.
>Wrong. Also, most linux users (who have been convinced through Sup Forums to use it) are so stupid they run everything root.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno
>Gotta love it when linuxtards try so desperately to prove themselves superior but actually just wind up demonstrating how little they know.
Gotta love when Wintards that failed to install a simple distro show how little they know.

The salt flows from shore to shore.

>...so stupid they run everything root.
, he said as he was logged into windows as the system admin.

GNU/Linux has ncmpcpp and cmus you absolute mongoloid. Why are you even on Sup Forums?

>2 programs to play music
>the absolute state of freetards

Gentoo is not an FSF-approved distro. Hence rms does not recommend it.

Why are you shilling for windows? It’s literally a botnet these days. There’s no argument you can make to defend winblows to any tech-literate person.

And Clementine and a bunch of others. Sorry for not exhaustively listing everything. Now back to the ganges you go pajeet

Linux is a kernel. Look up what the job of a kernel is you fucking retard.

>another lintard cumsipper who can't read

Everything is doable if you sacrifice soul to git gud.

First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

i don't even care about linux, text terminal unix stright outta 80s beats what wintards find impressive.

>Yes sirrr Windows 10 has a DESIGNATED GPU monitor in the task manager *fart noises*
>You need to use Windows 10 mr. It's the more secure OS on the markets.
>Tanks to dx12 all your gaymes will run at 200% the FPS so what are you waiting sirrrrr.
>You won't vet wiruses with Windows 10 I promise.
You street shitters are not human.

>It'd be there if I had one :^)
You have one. It isn't there.

Jesus Christ, it's been 6 hours people. Give the man time to reply.

>Also, most linux users (who have been convinced through Sup Forums to use it) are so stupid they run everything root.
The projection is real

The great thing about GNU/Linux is you’re either smart enough to install a distro without a GUI and understand what root is, or you install Ubuntu and it treats you like a babby and you never touch root.

Winbabies I swear.

tui installers are very easy too. i used it to install debian.

Gnu plus loonix cannot handle mobile applications. As in exes stored on a usb flash drive that you can run without affecting the os file system.