My friend gave me her MacBook Pro to repair, she tried restoring the OS, but it kept failing

My friend gave me her MacBook Pro to repair, she tried restoring the OS, but it kept failing.

I tested the HD, and its bad. I put in a 320GB I had lying around, and now I'm trying to install the OS.

I happen to have a USB drive with High Sierra on it, but this A1286 2010 Mac wont take it.

So I'm trying the Command + R, and it boots to the Internet Recovery. For some reason it wont work off the Ethernet, just sits there. I try to connect it wirelessly, but nothing happens. It just times out with an error 2002.

I have no other Mac media, or Apple Computers nearby.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post her nudes. Then we might be willing to help

We aren't your tech support. Fuck off.

>Mac
Found your problem.

Could you run OS X as a vm?

did you try turning it off and turning it back on

You gotta install from disk
If it has no disk tray then tell her to buy a better computer next time

>My friend gave me her MacBook Pro to repair
Do you know what I do when this happens?
I tell people: "I'm sorry, I'm more of a linux/windows guy but I can try"

Try posting here her facebook account, it should work.

Optical, yes. It has one.

What OS did this thing come with? Can I download, and burn an image? Is it that simple? or is this gonna be Apple retarded?

OR:
>I'm not a faggot. No offence.

>Try posting here her facebook account

No, pajeet. No asking for bobbs and vajene.

Give it back Le-ah

It comes with this one:
ubuntu.com

burn it to usb and install it.

give it back

Wow she might give you one of those awkward arms distance hugs where her tits don’t even touch you in exchange for fixing this. You’re a real stud.

Do women really do this? The hover hand thibg was weird enough for me to accept but women do this with you guya? Im a 4/10 at best and I've hugged women on occasion.

#echo install gentoo > /usr/sage

>For some reason it wont work off the Ethernet, just sits there.
Ethernet takes some time to connect, try to be patient.

Step 1: Install Gentoo on the Mac.
Step 2: Hackintosh your PC.
Step 3: Switch the drives.

Again, it's for my friend. Needs whatever's the latest osx it can run

I’m sure her boyfriend will thank you before they rush you out so they can fuck.

user, I have the same problem as you. I got a 2009 macbook pro for $15 and it only has a bad hard drive. I replaced it and downloaded El Capitan but it keeps saying the installer is modified or something. I changed the date and the same thing happened.

Not sure what do to

>Mac
Found your problem.

Give it back Tyquondeesha

find torrent of OS X?

What model of the MacBook is it specifically?

Just read what the dialog box says every time your macshit bootloops. here you go

Look into the OS versions and the date of the computer. If it's a 2010 then it might not be able to run macOS High Sierra, you'll probably need to make one with a much later date. You can find information about this on google. Basically Apple soft locks their computers from running the newest software by year the laptop was produced. so instead of locking it by hardware requirements they lock it by production date.

/thread

itt shills

install gentoo, unironically

You need the old drive to make a new one.

2010 MacBook Pro A1286 came with a 500GB HHD, 4GB RAM, dont know proc

Your gonna want one of these.

how do i acquire such a thing?

>macshit
lmao

Only if you're a sperg. So for 95% of Sup Forums

install that in a vm and then create the installation media from within the vm using a guide found on the internet

Darknet

email me :)

OP here, I got it to boot and did an internet recovery install but this is what I ended up with instead of OS X. What the fuck is this?

>mac
Found your problem.

Just use an el Capitan disk image from Google and Rufus on Windows. It does work, I have done this several times. If you can't do this, you will have to use a VM MacOS to make the USB.

Try an older version of OS X

Rufus can make a mac bootable?

Sorry, I used an iso from a torrent.

Just use cmd diskpart to make a GPT partition on a USB drive then use TransMac.

where can I find torrent? i cant afford the ratio on private ones.

High Sierra uses the new Apple File System, older Mac that hasn't done a firmware upgrade doesn't detect it/can't boot from it.