If France replaced Spain and Portugal as the colonizing power in Latin America, would it have been better off today?

If France replaced Spain and Portugal as the colonizing power in Latin America, would it have been better off today?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimis_Deus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No

Yeah I always think to myself "you know what the world needs? More Haitis"

It would have been either the same or much worse.
We might have even better literature than with the spanish, but maybe not.
Also, consider that the only former french colony in latin america is also the poorest

>An Ecuatorian with Internet.
You guys are rare, not a lot of you in the lat general than I remember.

Quebec is ok though

Dunno if it's because of the Brits though

No, because their boats were shit.

Also, it has to do with the environment. Portugal and Spain got the prime resource real estaste to explore. North America and Australia are much more barren in comparison, and needed more infrastructure to be self-reliant.

They were basically powered with the money/Renascentist thought brought to Europe by the first colonisers, i.e. Portugal and Spain.

I´ve only seen one or two more ecuadorians on the entire board. None of us frequent lat that much.
It´s not that we dont have internet (though we might have a lower number of internet users compared to toher countries, but im not ure how much), it's just that almost nobody browses Sup Forums. Everyone is a normie here.
Ive seen quite a few ecuadorians in Sup Forums though

Africans everywhere in S.America !!! :DDDD

Oh wait, S.America is already full of nigs.

YES

>french colony in latin america is also the poorest

Guiana is not THAT poor

Or...you were talking about Martinique? No? Guadeloupe?

Only if they killed and replaced all the natives

Any former colony in America north of Mexico is okay, no matter who had it

I said FORMER french colony, which is, a fully independent country that was once a frecnh colony.
I think Haiti is the only that qualifies. Those you mentioned are overseas territories

No, because spics are better than niggers

Only if they are still under french control

Holy shit no

No. Every country would be a nigger shithole like haiti and Africa

They did that in Haiti and we all saw how that turned out :D

standards of living in French overseas territories are much higher than their neighbourgs'. why do you think Brazilian and people from the Caribbean cross the border all the time?

>french language purists getting overTRIGGERED by the resulting accent clusterfuck
Dear god yes.

I think he's referring to Haiti

Are you french OP? You sound pretty mad and this is the 3rd or 4th thread you create asking this question

S.America is already a shithole.

spics, nig nogs...what's the difference?

Also, STOP WITH HAITI, DAMNIT

Haiti sucks balls because we had to leave it.

What about German colonaization?! sinaloa is the only mexican state that received lots of Germans and it is literally first world

Yes, SA is a shithole, but it is not a french ex-colony level of shitholeness

He is mad, look even his proxy fell off

>Sees Haiti
>Sees Africa
>Sees Marseille

Same response as last time - the only ex-French colonies that aren't total shit are ran by Anglos

meant for Yea, that isnt very hard for some small islands managed by a country like France.
If we were talking about entire countries, that were french colonies (because obviously they would get independence eventually) it wouldn be better than how it happend, and probably worse

don't forget France

Probably would be the same. North USA got lucky by being a populating colony instead of a extraction one. Britain was the only nation that had a different agenda on that era since it was pioneering industrialization

France isn't like Spain though - Catholicism never drove them.

They might've killed all the natives and replaced them as well

despite how bad Marseille is, it's still objectively better than the entirety of Latin America by EVERY SINGLE METRIC

Same goes for several African countries, namely Algeria and Morocco.

Slavery in Mexico?
Nahh dude, I pass. We have enough with narcos and uneducated natives in order to stand Dindu Nuffin's.

I've always think that the Spanish colonisation of South America wasn't that bad.

Because people use to think in USA, Canada, Australia.. When they think in former colonies, but lets be honest, how many native people are there? Almost none.

The Spanish arrived in an undiscovered territory that hadn't had discover anything and was constantly at war. They manage to conquer almost all of it through pacts and better tactics, and they mixed with the indigenous people instead of genociding them.

Then they claimed their independence which I understand, and keep in mind that, during the first decades of the XX century, you could live better in places like Venezuela, Argentina than in the US or Spain itself.

THere is much buthurt about this topic but remember we can't judge the past with our present glasses

Raping the resources of Latin America and raping/killing the natives as pretty bad though

You're fucking lucky and I'm jelly of Mexico in that regard

>being this deluded

retard

Rape is worse than murder though

Neither Algeria nor Morocco are better than the most developed countries of Latin America. You're either trolling or seriously ignorant.

Are you stupid?

>a tribe conquered another tribe
>the conqueror tribe gave them medicine, education, language, tech 5,000 years advanced
It's more like if aliens came and you accepted vassalage for their superior ways.

There is no difference between who colonized what, only the people that currently exist in those colonies.

You know Haiti, right?

I'm glad we were colonized by the Portuguese desu.

>tfw your sons and daughters are just tsundere and prove their love on this thread
You're all welcome to have un boxata de calamares at La Puerta del Sol any time you want :3

Or it could have been like Canada

We don't know.

Yeah like most former French colonies are pretty good.
>Quebec
>Louisianna
>Vietnam
>Martinique
>Guiana
>Ivory Coast
>Mali
>Mauritania
>Niger
>Haiti
>Chad
>Gabon
>Cameroon
...shit, there's only like 2 or 3 good ones that aren't still French possessions, isn't there? Hell, most of those are even only okay.

Well France created Quebec and French Algeria before the Europeans left

Both pretty livable places

No, they just don't want their shitholes to be more black than they already are.

Why did Spaniards fuck natives instead of killing them? Genuine question. Anglos literally killed natives whenever they encountered them.

some regions would be worse, some better
no ofense to portugal, but they did the shittiest job possible colonizing us, importing millions of niggers and enforcing a "national identity" that stopped us from seceding.

2bh Lousianna is only like that because of USA

Quebec is of French nation though, Haiti is of African nation.

>Africa

What did you expect?

+ Gabon is a god tier country...for African standards

who else was going to dig the oro and plata and send it back to complain about it hundreds of years later?

That's what the African slaves were for

Yea, you can't blame us for Louisiana.

You shut up, Pierre-Mohammed

Anglos went as expats to colonize North America, where the local population was relatively small and unorganized. Spaniards emigrating to the new world were mostly young men on a quest for gold and glory, running away from Yurop.

Besides, fucking beats killing, to be fair.

Yeah first world when mexicans say that is the worst place in mexican state, I don't know about cartel zones.

Joaquín Guzmán is from there.

And it's still shit by US standards.

compare indio nations compared to mestizo nations.

Peru/GDP per capita
6,661.59 USD (2013)

Mexico/GDP per capita
10,307.28 USD (2013)

Argentina/GDP per capita
14,715.18 USD (2013)

>Anglos literally killed natives whenever they encountered them
Not true, most died due to european diseases. European settlers made them move west of the mississippi river and there are still lots of active reservations. Although it is true that both anglos and spaniard killed a lot as well

That was after a lot of the natives got small pox and other disease from the spanards, but even then, their numbers are small compared to the US and Brasil.

No, it was shit.

Because the anglos were around. It's curious how the only French colony that actually worked, had some anglo involvement.

>Portugal imports niggers
>Brazil becomes independent
>Proceeds to import even more niggers

Stop being delusional, it was our fault this one.

You have a point, but narcos are from the sierra, in the 3 state border

And Chile? They are mapuches

> spaniard killed a lot as well
I fucking wish, I am surrounded by indios.

What did Spaniards even do with all the Gold? I mean if they were once upon a time a country that had tons of gold, where did it go

The Catholic church was a fucking cancer in Spain but it had some good sides too.

When the Spanish arrived to america there was a bit of debate about if they were humans or ¿animals?... Well the thing is that the church said that they were humans so they deserved to live and gave them similar rights to the average spaniard.

That didn't save them from being raped and killed by epidemies tho

N America too big guy

>a giant oil field
>l-l-look how good our colony is doing!

Guy, I like France but that's like saying that the UAE is doing good because of internal policy and not just because they're sitting on a metric shitton of oil they can export.

>Flag
Where the fuck do you live?

UNAM professor of Latin American studies, Francisco Lizcano, in his social research estimates that a predominant 52.7% of the Chilean population can be classified as culturally European, with an estimated 44% as Mestizo.[13] Other social studies put the total amount of Whites at over 60 percent.[14] Some publications, such as the CIA World Factbook, state that the entire population consist of a combined 95.4% of "Whites and White-Amerindians", and 4.6% of Amerindians.

whitest country in latin america is the best, shocker.

I'm not a dirty moor like you, spics.

and the ones that are not shit are overseas territories or not even countries/ran by anglos

really makes you think

I attach the proove
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimis_Deus

>Because the anglos were around. It's curious how the only French colony that actually worked, had some anglo involvement

It's stupid, user, anglos are just thieves...

It's like saying "huuuur duuuur switzerland is breddy relevant, maybecoz they border Germany :DDDDDDD"

>France
>white

yo, but your country is literally Ghana 2.0 nobody wants visit your shitty country with arrogant people and muslims

Are you gonna repeat making these fucking threads?

Yup. The mediocre ones like Vietnam are only okay following investment of huge sums of money by Cold War Era powers trying to make them either communist or democratic.

>go to france
>literally the same as a mestizo country
>shitskins
>nigs
>mestizo moor and whites
KEK

You don't even know what Ghana is.

Whiter than Spain.

>nobody

It is and it will always be more visited than Spain.

>It's like saying "huuuur duuuur switzerland is breddy relevant, maybecoz they border Germany :DDDDDDD"
I'm not sure I understand this. I mean a country being in proximity to another with wealth isn't the same as being under direct control of a country which can properly manage its colonies.

The half spanish colonies could BTFO moorniggers.

Let me rephrase that:
>France
>white

UAE does diversify, have a big sovereign fund (Norway has a huge one since it dud it for a very long time), and cares for its citizenry and invests in its own development.

Still whiter than the Caliphate of Cordoba, amigo ;)

In a lot of ways, rape is worse than murder

wars

Britain should've colonized all those shitholes

Imagine how much bigger the US would be?

Which was removed 524 years ago, spawning a quote that may apply to you: "Do not weep like a woman for the loss of that which you couldn't defend like a man".

Once again, with spirit:
>France
>white

But the only reason it has the resources to handle those programs is because their huge oil economy. They're playing it smart in that they're investing in alternative economic infrastructure, but it's undeniable that the reason they have the ability to build a diverse economy is because of the billions of dollars that the petroleum industry has provided over the years.

Keep dreaming, my non-white friend.

In most ways it is also more fun. :^)

No one can manage colonies that well.
Even Britain fucked most of their up colonies.