Lets be real here...

Lets be real here, in 2018 and maybe next 3 years new phones will have nothing interesting that would make you want to upgrade

>small spec bump
>thinner

This shit doesn't really matter these days as phones these days look good enough and perform well enough

Not until they reach core2quad performance

this isn't news. phones have been good enough since around 2014

Dont forget
>removed features
>no replacing battery
>no screens that dont burn in
>no expandable/removable storage
>no audio jack support
What else will they "innovate" in the future

pajeet will keep coming up with more and more useless normie-oriented social gimmicks and inefficient ways to waste the resources like Applel's animoji and 3D AR video filter faggotry so stacy and her whore BFFs can have all have literal disney princess tiaras shooting rainbow fireworks in their selfies videos that they shoot with their $2000 drones controlled by their $2000 phones thats only purpose is taking selfies

I wouldnt have moved away from my Nexus 6 if battery and burn in werent becoming an issue
Fulfilled my needs perfectly.

sd835 cant be too far from those cpus?

As if anything interesting has happened in the last 3 years anyway.

Smartphones are fucking stagnant as it already is.

I WANT PHONES WITH DESKTOP MODE AND I WANT THEM SOON

This. This shit right here.

Can anyone else imagine a Moto z mod that's a straight up laptop? You just plug the phone in where the track pad would go and it's all powered by the phone itself.

Or an all in one desktop. That could work too. I mean we have all these specs for fucking what? Flappy Bird knock offs and Facebook?

Fuck that phones are now strong enough for basic daily computing. Let's put them to use.

better yet
macos will be updated to iphone mode

6GFLOPS vs ~ 30GFLOPS iirc

the problem is that when new hardware comes out, they handcuff older generations with the forced software updates, making you want to upgrade to maintain the speed you initially enjoyed

see apple lawsuit

They can make them sentient

what is batteries

Ehh but since most of the stuff is moving to the browser, do we need that much?
I mean, Chromebooks are a thing.

kys

Microsoft, stop shilling.. We get it, you're trying to build up expectations.

Too obvious.

Make sure you don't put an oled in that thing or I ain't touching it.

Thanks to Paneer and Roberto's 25MB angular webpages yes.

THe next big thing will be roll out screens. You press a button and the screen expands to the size of a laptop.

As if non removable batteries don't make a phone obsolete and haven't the entire time.

Personalyl i find using my phone for a prolonged period kind of annoying, i'd rather use something bigger like an ultraportable or even a tablet.

Yeah shitface, it's fucking hardware. What are they supposed to do? Every year they get more efficient and faster. What's different from a computer today than one from ten years ago?
>hurrdurr my emachine is basically the same as a new desktop new ones are just faster and smaller
The fuck are you expecting phones to do

Trying new shit retard, at least old phones tried

Why? It's a phone. It doesn't need to be an all encompassing omnitool. The fact it has a camera is already fascinating. What other unnecessary gadgets do you want to see people try and fail to cram into phones? Drawing tablet? Headphones? Fidget spinner? Refrigerator? Shoes? Go on, describe your perfect phone. Let's see what kind of cool hardware you want crammed into this bulky failure of a device.

I bet internet browser will be dropped and we will get pre installed apps for popular services instead.

>oesn't really matter these da
wtf screen ratio is that? its fucking useless. pic related.

>Bought used LG Aristo for $80
>720p
>5 inch display instead of a absurdly huge 6 inch display
>32GB extra storage for manga and other books
>easy to root and unlock bootloader
>OTG support
>Headphone jack
>Removable battery
>13MP camera

Comfy af, don't see any other phone worth my interest.

like the Samsung Dex or like having a DE on your phone?

got a similar deal with the samsung s5 mini great phone. MFW retards actually spend $1K on a phone.

Got me a used Samsung S5. That is it. Done, this does everything I want and then some. Honestly not even looking anymore unless I can strap it to my arm. Spare battery already on the standby if needed.

>2018
I haven't upgraded since 2014 and before that I had used the same flip phone since 2006.

Instead of a "phone with a desktop mode", why not using an /actual/ desktop?

Jesus fuck, stop falling for those cheap gimmicks. Desktops are desktops. Cellphones are cellphones. Cellphones are not a "lifestyle tool" or "small computers that can do anything and will replace desktops".

will this ever come out

Still waiting for my Linux / Android Psion Gemini.

stop being poor

>applying conservative values to technology
Please don't become an engineer

Yeah, see. The thing is I have plans for my money. It is called other activities. New graphics card, welding tools, curve monitor, better hiking gear, Christmas gifts for family, etc. Why waste it on something that does what mine already does do at a noticeable lower cost?

Like this user?

naw, I am looking for more a curved model like in pic and waaaaay less gay. Basically form fitting and not easily noticeable under a sleeve.

No, stop buying things you don't need. Why buy a more expensive version of something that can do the same job at a lower price?

>new graphics card
so you can play your little video games? grow up
>welding tools
not gonna lie that's a good investment
>curve monitor
fucking gaming manchild
>better hiking gear
nobody hikes anymore grandpa
>christmas gifts for family
a yankee candle for your mom is like $10, we all know that's the only family you have you dirty neet

>less dumb.jpg

because im not poor
also your friends probably laugh at you when they see the security footage your phone takes

Cant deny the fact I still enjoy games. Welding tools are indeed fun. Again, I enjoy gaming in my spare time. Hiking gear is more towards sleeping bags, footwear and bags. Dont underestimate a good set of boots. As for Christmas, my god. My nieces and nephews are killing me budget wise. No kids of my own (That I am aware of).

>not appreciating hiking

what the fuck is wrong with you? too busy staying tied down to your chinkpad stalking stacy online?

This
Have lost 100% interest in smartphones. Nothing interesting is happening.

This. Tech to better pair a phone to a desktop would be great, but using a phone _as_ a desktop is pretty retarded

WHAT IS A DOCK

GRAPHENE BATTERIES, BITCHES!

100 HOURS SCREEN ON TIME!

12 MINUTE CHARGE TIME!

>implying you won't upgrade for this

Dock...and any laptop shell could provide additional battery life.

>100 hours SOT
>12 minute charge

I wouldn't buy that. Why the fuck would I ever want something that requires a 1000W charger and like a quarter inch thick charging cable? That sounds retarded

Hdr screen
High refresh
Android os actually upgradeable
Replaceable battery
Headphone jack
Decent headphone amp

Do It!

Chrome is already default on many phones

my Galaxy S3 is still good enough for basic shit and hasn't shattered like every other phone I had after it.

>b-but if we make it so the phone doesn't self destruct at every given opportunity, the user won't buy another one every year!

far away from it.
modern mobile chips feel quicker in modern tasks because they support hardware acceleration of modern technologies unlike old c2d which don't even have h264 acceleration.

And a lot newer graphical stuff in general like opengl

Oh don't you worry. Apple will add more notches to make you excited. :^)

>mobile gtx 1080
>i7-8700m
>4-8k screen
>still lasts 10 hours on a single charge, or you can use USB-C to charge your phone and do video out to use it as a gaming machine

You are right

i don't understand why umpc's aren't more available.
Can't be that the market is THAT small.

u sound like a little faggot that just got here and tries too hard to meme. go back to spreggit

Jews. No joke.
Intel doesn't want that market to happen again.

Phones went downhill after 2004

I stayed in 2004

Says the faggot on a payment plan.

My Motorola Atrix 4G had a desktop mode. It even had a pseudo-laptop dock.

It was too slow to be useable but I liked the idea. Oh, and it even had a fingerprint reader !!!

>maybe next 3 years
Only reason I upgraded from my OnePlus One is because I massacred it over the past three years.

Grow up, grandpa

Am I the only one who wants styluses for smartphones compatible with them? Using fingers to navigate isn't convenient and they get the screen dirty easily with grease.

Another cool feature would be to sync specific files and folders with your desktop whenever you connect via USB (rsync + uevent ?). Or be able to clone the phone's display and interface with it from the desktop for a more comfy feel (USB tethering + some new protocol ?).

I think the MEKO stylus has more accuracy than a normal nubby stylus. Idk user, I haven't bought it myself.

Pic related

Wow your so contrarian and edgy, I wish I could be like you!

yeah but look how retarded this looks. nothing like an active digitizer

There's the GPD Pocket.

Can't be very fast browsing on that thing today. Guess would make good for texting and phone calls. Considering getting a old nokia just for that. Physical keyboards on phones I miss them so

you must be fun at... you must be fun.

Theres something off about the design of it, when you look at old UMPCs they look like little laptops, but the GDP pocket looks like a tablet with a keyboard attached (probably because thats how it was designed desu)

There are styli from Adonit that has pressure sensitivity and palm rejection via bluetooth, but they only work on iPads.

I'm talking about Wacom active digitisers you can from Galaxy Note and anything that supports it, anything else is just half baked solutions

>thicc cables
c-cable chan O w O

Still happy with my Sony Xperia Z3c.
Does everything just as well as a new flagship, and the battery still lasts two days with moderate use.

A projector so I can use the phone like I would a laptop.

I still have my Desire Z (G2 in burgerland) unfortunately it's pretty fucked up and won't stay on for more than about 20 seconds, was a great phone but I've moved on from the physical keyboard meme. Software keyboards may not have the solid, tactile aspect, but they do have a lot of advantages, such as being able to swap them out easily on the fly and customize pretty much everything about them, gestures can be quite handy and the standard 5.5-6" phone screens these days I find they are very quick and comfy to type on.

I dont want to swap my keyboards. I pick one and use it till I change phones. I dont want to customize my keyboard nor use gestures.

I want a proper keyboard a la n900. Truly a god tier phone, that was.