Previous thread: >>63960884

Previous thread: >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>/PTG tracker manifesto (updated 23/12/17)
pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use boards.Sup Forums.org/g/ptg as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

first you cucks

family found the hentai drive... it's over bois

If you're still a virgin by the time you're 21 you should fucking kill yourself.

It's time!

ok...

if you still haven't perfected the triforce by the time you're 21 you should fucking kill yourself

/ourguys/

Hi, spaghetti!

Best way to climb up AHD?

this is gay I'm turning it off

what the fuck there's more now

HELP

disable javascript, derpa, you fucking moron

needs more bloom

FUCK OFF SPAGHETTI!

>jerking off to 3DPD women

ewwwwwwww

kys permavirgin

what are some usb hubs that are good for external HDDs? i have no more usb slots

Just get a bigger case at that point. The fractal r5 has 8 drive mounts.

zed pees sitting down

Are all the recruting threads in AB in the poweruser fourm or are there more up higher?

Don't know about Legend but Elite und TM don't have anything.

After the shit that happened to AB with the leaks and the staff all getting shutdown most of the high grade trackers left.

There is still no private tracker that incentivizes preserving rare files.

It's all about downloading the most popular shit that you don't want, in hopes that other people will download it even more.

If you try and go for preserving the rare stuff, you get punished because you're still paying for the download but there's no one to seed to. That becomes a vicious circle where most people don't want to take risks.

And then there are the people who really care about getting that buffer and have optimized growing it quickly. These people are having a great time, but don't help the community at all because they're not downloading any of the rare shit, that would ruin their buffer. No, all they do is take the couple files they care about, seed the freeleeches, snatch the popular stuff, and on we go.

I have half a mind to make my own fucking tracker with no pajeets allowed and non-retarded economy incentives.

There are plenty of trackers that give you more bonus points for torrents that aren't well seeded

All in pu

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

It clearly doesn't work well enough, or people who follow the rules wouldn't be fighting to maintain a ratio.

You're just not thinking from first principles if you think that.
Maybe you're happy with what you have, but the system is stupidly inefficient.

The protocol only needs enough seeders per torrent to max out the bandwidth of the potential downloaders, anything beyond that is a waste that would better be spent on other files.

When a majority of people go after the popular freeleech crap just to maintain an economy, this is a complete failure of the incentive system.

What you want to max out is 1) Quality 2) Availability 3) Speed.
What the current system maxes out is 1) Quality 2) Popular content 3) Ego of the admins

Literally the only trackers where people have a hard time keeping ratio are try-hard sites like RED. Everywhere else, especially sites with a bonus point system, are basically fine. Stop talking out your ass.

Maybe you like chasing after points like a fucking dog getting a reward, then the system works.

You're a retard.

Retards are the kind of people that reply with three word insults.

The problem and the solution are simple. The amount uploaded is a bad metric. Availability should be used instead.

And I'm just ranting, I don't need you to understand.

kek, the fact that you don't understand why you're a retard makes it that much funnier

>Playing the girl on ircs. Eventually, some virgin is gonna invite you.

Kek.

Start making user releases. Remuxes are easy.

AHD is the most professional tracker because they archive all their internal and user releases.

I chuckled.

Is Awesome-HD worth it for TV shows?

If MTV is all you have then yes, there's some stuff on there that MTV is missing
Not much though

I'm a part of practically every good cabal tracker except a television one.

Guess I'll check it out.

mtv is cabal

You should probably focus on joining BTN

you are and homosexual

Is it? Wasn't mentioned in the OP manifesto.

Yeah, I want to join BTN but I need to get power user. Kind of a bit too lazy/busy to do that.

>Is it? Wasn't mentioned in the OP manifesto.

jealous btnfags won't accept mtvs superiority

Why are other people using your computer, especially without supervision?

Look at this dumb cheapskate muthafucka

Too poor to pay 5 dollars for a seedbox during a freeleech event. HAHA

5 dollars and you set for life, bozo

Or learn how to game it another way, dipshit retardo

seedboxes are for goblin jews trying to jew the system

stop being a goblin jew

What? I never said I had a hard time keeping ratio. In fact, I'm doing just fine. Thanks for the concern, though.

pretend the monies are my buffer

You can get into U2 by official recruitment in OurBits.
And there is a lot of recruitments in every where.

CHD is not as same as the old CHDBits.
The new one is a shit.

TTG and MT are the best now.

What have you downloaded from OT for Christmas, /ptg/?

I invited my normie friend to AHD a year ago or so and he had an incredibly hard time getting his ratio and hell even seeding 72 hours. I realized how autistic I sounded texting him yelling at him and gave up

I remembered I had invited him when i saw the xmas announcement. I checked his profile for shits and saw that he's uploaded over a tb

I text him asking him if he bought a seedbox and he goes on to reply saying oh yeah I completely forgot dude I really wanted some movies and did some research downloaded this really cool thing called mRatio you punch in some big numbers and it works

I told him the fuck dude the whole site is freeleech youre going to get us banned. he texted back what the hell is freeleech

I'm on HDB and BTN. I really don't wanna be cabal banned. Do I tell staff or hope that they don't notice because of the global FL. What do pham? He told me he was going to stop. ..

/marked/

>. Do I tell staff
>considering snitching on your real life friend
r u fucking high? I used to ratiocheat years ago and got away. It'll be okay senpai. the staff is based and won't tell ptp or hdb. you'll only get warned.

>r u fucking high?
I wish but I feel bad basing at my grandma's house. I did last year in the bathroom and the hallway reeked
>I used to ratiocheat years ago and got away.
Yeah but they've gotten better at detecting that shit. I know they don't have 312cucks nosing around but 1+1≠5, like they can tell.

>ptp
I actually got treebanned from there. It was good while it lasted familia. I didn't know that my inviter had been invited from rizon too. But I was only only banned on PTP

I made a big buffer on HDB but can't afford to lose AHD after tehc went down too

Do you need some buffer? Lemme know.

>mRatio
>2017
gg user

>>ptp
>I actually got treebanned from there

It's a very good idea to remember to cross seed btn with ahd. I remember like every 6 months and slap on half a tb to my seeding size. Useless af but I'm helping some friends. Especially now with the freeleech those massive seasons it was only me and the uploader on. Maxing out my fios

And he's not making brown?

>jealous btnfags won't accept mtvs superiority
I would want it when BTN goes down in a month but there's this awesome tracker called hdbits that always has my back

>I would want it when BTN goes down in a month

t. fbi?

Can anyone on bitme please check whether any material is available for SY0-501 or Comptia Security+ ?

Thanks

It goes down due to lack of maintainence for a month every year. It's overdue. You will lose all your fucking snatches from likely 2 months prior. They only make quarterly backups.
That gold star you won? Yep that's definitely gone

Comptia Security+ is on learnbits

Is there a way for me to view how long I've seeded each torrent on AB?

You're going to have to take it again in 3 years pham. Where are you trying to work? Do you expect to have any female coworkers?

Under bonus rates it will say. Same with torrent history or snatch list

Is there a torrent client that lets me watch say a movie as it is downloading as a torrent file? As in it loads from the beginning to the end instead of just wherever?

Any client with sequential downloading. Like qbitorent.

I use 2.2.1. Is the switch to another client hard?

Clients: qBittorrent
Players: Soda Player, webtorrent

Yes. But you just do it instead of crying

This is why it's best to be /pure/ even if it means a somewhat longer wait.

Also I tried to invite real life friends and acquaintances to whatcd they were too stupid and/or lazy to click the registration link and create an account even though they asked the invites unprompted. I was going to invite another friend to PTP but didn't have the bonus points at the time (before I got free invites by user class), and I haven't spoken to him in years anyway, so dodged a bullet there.

>Eh, nobody else is gonna upload that obscure german movie I've got. Really, that's the way I got my 10 uploads in what.cd as well: obscure german shit. It's just surprising how much complicated movie ripping is compared to albums.
this is why we dont want whatcucks in our movie trackers. fuck off

no dont. utorrent 2.2.1 just werks

>post holiday uploadage

if it's a season pack or rar archive. give priority to first file

if your internet fucking sucks then use a shit like qbittorrent

>mRatio
dont raise any attention, always better to deny everything

>encrease ratio
no wonder they ban all those foreign countries outright

Exactly. Patience. If you don't want it in half a year no way in fuck will you have done any meaningful seeding

Thanks, found it there. So is it safe to assume that BitMe is more for regular textbooks for medicine and the like?

>tfw unpure on hdb, btn, bB

>tfw banned from btn for bad ratio

this really a thing? id assume if you seeded for long enough they wouldnt matter THAT much

it is?? wow i pulled that shit out of my ass. last i checked i was one of 63 users on that tracker.

i dont know. i got pruned from bitme after joining in the wake of scihd and i was just hoping it would be like it but it wasnt. i also graduated college and no longer needed an old ass elearning tracker

gullible user

>gullible user
ah well, stranger things have happened.

>Is Awesome-HD worth it for TV shows?
aaaand just as i am a 20/60gb deep of a season pack.

if i stop downloading can i just seed this indefinitelly? i downloaded it in episode order. i can grab the rest off of torrentday

If you're asking if you can just stop it and cross-seed the rest of the data
Yes, you can

fl doesn't end until the 28th

they would just remove the banner, user

neon sacks of shit can't name all the trackers in OP's pic

stop saying neon newfag, i bet you only know .clicks

>that's the joke
Can you name all of them then?

the autism