pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys
aliexpress.com/store/product/Mousepad-zaku-II/3034003_32824414949.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to get it out of the way

something something evil guns something something projecting my micropenis on OP because I don't like guns

No one gives a fuck about your guns faggot.

We really need a guide or something to make newfags read, this is starting to get embarrassing. The shit in the OP is so old, that half of the websites aren't even updated anymore.

I'm getting sick of Sup Forums kiddies coming in to brag about their Logitech shit, or some dumbass coming along that can't wrap his head around silent MX switches. Maybe it could just be a tier list of keyboards with price ranges recommending the usual shit we do.

The keyboard wiki pretty much has all the info you need. It’s not the best, but no one has enough autism to come up with something better

Sometimes there's nothing for it but to do it yourself.

I tried to oversee a collaborative pastebin for another board, not a single person contributed, so I autistically wrote an 1,800 word guide myself.

tl;dr Do it faggot.

If only we had an Autistic hero that could put together a basic image recommending Ducky Ones, Anne Pros, and Tada68s while putting everything Logitech, Corsair, and Razer in shit tier.

You'd think with a hobby as autistically nerdy as this, we'd have just one dude with enough initiative to make a simple list; thinking about it now, I guess there hasn't been a good mouse tier list in a long time either. We have a guy that posts the same exact Filco board, with the same exact keycaps every single thread, maybe we can convince that guy with no life.

getting close to my endgame, ktype with halo trues, gonna get a custom usb cable from wasd, got a set of cherry stabilisers to replace the stock shit ones, and a set of gmk hyperfuse redux coming aswell. now time to start collecting artisans :D

>artisans

Do not buy artisans, they're all tacky overpriced plastic that mostly look like shit on any keycap set. And true end game is when you make your own keyboard with your own frankenstein switches, Halo switches I heard are decent though.

Does anyone know how good any deals on MechanicalKeyboards.com's Black Friday sales were? I'm looking to buy a Ducky One 2 to replace my MX Black Ducky Shine but don't know if the One 2 has been cheaper.

fucking sexy
what board?
I want one just like that

Vortex Race 3

You fell right into his trap

Just be aware you're walking into a DSA profile and non-standard esc and del keys. Besides that, it's a good board.

i have tried alot and also play way too much osu! and on that game everyone shills linears as being the best but because of the bump on the halos being almost right at the top it ended up being an even better switch for gaming and its amazing for typing because i hate typing on linears. for me atleast its my endgame switch

Is the Anne Pro my only option for TKL w/BT?

Anne Pro is 60%. If you want TKLs with BT, look into Filco and Varmilo; I don't remember their exact model numbers, but they have Bluetooth TKLs.

Anne Pro is 60% tho

Varmilo keep their product codes simple thankfully.

TKL = 87 keys, therefore VB87M (Varmilo Bluetooth 87-key Mechanical).

Shit, that's what I meant.

What are you guys' opinion of the old old school spring mechanical switches like on the unicomp model M keyboards?

pic related

overrated and too stiff for frequent use. Matias clicky is better but no one talks about it here becuase they don't know jack shit about mechanical keyboards and parrot whaever they saw on r/mechanicalkeybaord front page

what

comfy if you have big hands like me.
typing this on a Model M 122, hoping to upgrade to a F122 if I find a good deal on one.

sorry drowning my depression a lil too much, not sure what im trying to say

Find me PBT keycaps in Cherry profile that are compatible with Alps stems and I'll use them. There's plenty of PCBs that support Alps now, the problem is the keycaps. Besides, BOX switches are where the action is now anyway.

you gives a shit about keycaps you fruitcake faggot. only the switches matter

>PBT keycaps
>Cherry profile
he literally mentioned the only two parts of keycaps that objectively matter

what keyboard is that muh dude, it's so pretty

You're pants on head retarded if you don't care about your keycaps. I'll stick with my EnjoyPBT keycaps in a usable profile while you can enjoy your ABS keycaps in OEM profile, and don't even bring up those PBT DSA keycaps, fuck that. If you're gonna be an elitist about your switches, your keycaps are equally, if not more important.

Enjoy your shine.

I love the esthetics of this keyboard. I had Octane and couple of O2s years ago but I still don't remember to this day was this particular model mechanic or with rubber domes. Does anyone here remember?
I am going to find a similar with black switches I think. There is something sexy about that form and colors.
I currently have red switches on pretty mundane keyboard which I don't even mention here. Need new one.

t. hillary voter

Answering my own post: rubber damped ALPS..? What the fuck is that anyway.
Font used on the keys is helvetica as it was IRIX's main font I think. I really loved the sound of the keys.

keycap profile doesn't matter. pbt or abs doesn't matter. if you were retarded enough to buy chink shit that shines within 20 days, then the keycap is now considered broken and should be replaced.
even $5 rubberdome keyboards don't have keycap quality issues, you guys are getting fucking jewed up the ass.

>muh Matias switches are better than yours, everyone else is Reddit
>m-muh keycaps aren't important, who cares if all you can use with them is shit, s-stop bringing up Matias's one glaring flaw

What part of Reddit did you crawl out of? Are you a Reddit-reject or something?

Old workstation keyboards are the best.

I used to have a bunch of Sun type 5c and 6 keyboards but they all had the fucking proprietary connector never got lucky enough to find a USB one.

Do you have a single clue about what you're talking about? By your own admission, a shined keycap is useless, but PBT keycaps don't shine for decades, only ABS keycaps shine after a couple months. Following your own logic, you'll have to replace your ABS keycaps with Alps stems because they've started to shine, addressing the very thing I was talking about and the reason why I use PBT keycaps. It seems like you were projecting with that Reddit statement, because you just contradicted yourself.

Good job I guess, I don't even have to argue with you, you did it for me.

>if you were retarded enough to buy chink shit that shines within 20 days

I absolutely agree, that's why I buy PBT keycaps. I'm glad we can both agree that Matias is shit because of their keycap issue. And if you don't care about keycap profile, you have no taste. Here's your keycap profile for tonight:

wat

SLS printed keycaps?

pbt = automatically high quality
abs = automatically low quality
lmao this place is fucking retarded. i'm never discussing anything mechanical keyboard here ever again.
those are some joke keycaps made by some person. not a standardized profile
yeah, that doesn't apply here faggot. you people have a child's understanding of your hobbies. THIS IS GOOD! AND THIS IS BAD!

Yea, and I was just trying to find the most uncomfortable keycaps possible. Funnily enough, I didn't notice that it had Alps switches until I looked at it again now. I guess I accidentally found OP's shitty keyboard that he drools over.

Oh wow, you really are suffering from the Dunning-Kruger effect. As other anons have posted, we choose PBT because it doesn't shine, and a lot of people don't like shine. Even GMK quality ABS keycaps will shine after a couple months, and as said, he uses EnjoyPBT which are some of the best keycaps you can buy, mainly because they're thicc, Cherry, and PBT.

You seriously can't be this stupid, maybe you're just butthurt that someone BTFO you earlier in a past thread or something.

I've got a stock black hhkb pro 2 that I've had for 2 years and I've never shown it any love. Rec me a set of PBT keys for it that aren't gay as shit.

>completely ignores my main point and tries to create an easier strawman to argue with

What's wrong? Keycap profile doesn't matter, remember? So what's wrong with using a flat keycap set, you can't just say THIS IS GOOD! AND THIS IS BAD! And like I said earlier, I completely agree with you, I don't use ABS because they shine, and I use PBT because it doesn't shine, so that's why I'll unfortunately never use Alps switches. Granite and Tron DSA PBT keycaps look cool though.

Holy shit, you're even dumber than the last guy that was shitposting here about a stupid rubber mat keyboard. Tell me where in my post I said anything about quality? I specifically buy PBT keycaps so I don't have to deal with shiny keycaps, end of story. PBT keycaps also have a nicer texture than ABS keycaps; that being said, that doesn't stop me from owning a GMK set, but I'd rather use my EnjoyPBT because of their feel.

>i'm never discussing anything mechanical keyboard here ever again.

I sincerely hope so, you're so butthurt, it's embarrassing. Leave now before you make more of a fool of yourself.

Just get this and it'll look good (I'm assuming you have adapters): kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys

Also look on Aliexpress, there might be a better deal for a cheaper set with only 60 caps.

>Holy shit
kys soyboi, not everything is something you just can't even

>Even GMK quality ABS keycaps will shine after a couple months

Been using ABS Deep Space set from PMK for over two years and they have yet to shine.

In grad school so I am constantly typing on the thing too.

I thought you were leaving. If you have absolutely ZERO arguments, than I'm done with you. Save the ad hominem for someone who cares. But if you want to keep embarrassing yourself and keep popsting, I'm sure we'll all love to see another retard make a fool of themselves like last thread; I could use the entertainment.

The same thing has been happening to me. I've used several ABS keycaps for years and recently got Nautilus, but because of my ungodly dry skin and palms, they just never shine. I still fear that one day my ridiculously expensive GMK sets are still gonna shine some day though, it's really just a matter of when.

I've seen some people burn through their GMK sets in a little over a month though, so maybe it's just based on the person.

I actually don't like blanks, but thanks for the link, those are some good prices for a pbt set. I might settle. I'm also looking for a nice over sized keyboard-mousepad if you're into that. I searched for a while and have had one for about a year that was supposed to be washable but it looks like shit already.

didn't Deep Space only come in DSA PBT from SP though?

kbparadise v60 mini

good?

That's because SP mold their DSA caps with a textured top, which makes shine less noticeable compared to the already smooth and glossy GMK.

>tries to appeal to ad hominem when he does it too
Soyboi logic is laughable. Also I wasn't even him, you're just annoying with that overreacting drama queen shit. Thanks for the (You).

I have no idea what your tastes are, but I like this one.

aliexpress.com/store/product/Mousepad-zaku-II/3034003_32824414949.html

If you want washable though, I had no idea that was even a marketable thing. I've just scrubbed mine down with soap, and I've managed, but I guess what you're looking for is for an entirely different thread.

>waaahh, you're hurting my feelings, stop it
Look, I've already played out this entire conversation in my head, you're just too predictable. You're gonna make another post about how mad you are, and I'm going to continue to BTFO you until I'm bored with you. So keep it up, I like watching you flail.

Yeah, the washable thing was a direct result of every mousepad I've ever had looking like shit pretty quickly even though I don't sweat much. Do you own that Gundamn one?

he is not me lol

Kbparadise for whatever reason has a lot of issues, specifically their v60 and their infamously bad alps keyboards. If you want a 60%, just get an Anne Pro, Pok3r, or make your own.

I'm happy you've admitted defeat, think before you post next time; though I have to admit, it was fun watching you spreg like a retard. Until next thread.

No, I just own a whatever Steelseries mousepad like most other people, though I'm thinking about buying it. I'm just here to shitpost about keyboards, I can't be much help for finding a mousepad.

>accidentally BTFO a soyboi beyond recovery
>he plays out the whole conversation in his head
The absolute state. Can we at least hear it?

>he doesn't know how to check
not him faggot. /mkg/ is fucking dogshit infested with redditors like you anyway. i'll shit it up next thread and get your cheeks riled up. see you next time~

>Soyboi
>Soyboi
>Soyboi

I'm glad the 16-year-olds from the r/The_Donald could make it.

Sun keyboards are nice too. I'd love to have a pizza box as well and tinker with it. Never owned Sun workstation.

Why are Alps users all assholes

You ain't seen nothing until you've triggered a buckling spring or Topre fag.

stop playing osu its shit, you just wear out your keyboard faster when you play that

Would like to find a comfy 60% keyboard to put some custom keycaps on but I'm not sure what to choose. It doesn't seem like Filco makes a 60% form keyboard?

>Budget
$100-150
>Location (continent at least)
US East Coast
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
Whatever
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
Would be nice but not necessary
>Previous/current keyboards
Been using a Majestouch 2 for years

Anne Pro.

My colleague at the office has Topre keyboard. It feels like weird rubberdome. I don't understand the appeal of those switches at all. People who use topres should be shot and hanged.

I really don't feel much of a change using cherry blue with a normal keyboard.
Amazon sent me the wrong keyboard so I gotta use the loud ass blues instead of browns, and I'm a bit disappointed with how lackluster the cherry blue are.

Are browns any better? If it wasn't for the aluminum case and media controls I would be feeing real pissy.

>bought corsair k70 lux got an older model without all the bells and whistles and blue switches instead of brown

Funnily enough, you dodged a bullet kind of. Cherry Browns are even less tactile, other Browns like Gateron and Kailh are fine though. Just return that shit and get a Ducky One or something. Also, the case isn't aluminum, it's an aluminum plate (which 99% of mechs have) on top of a cheap plastic case.

pok3r

is it worth the (huge) price?

How hard is it to 'bolt mod' a Model M and is it actually worth it. Looks fiddly as fuck.

>Budget
100$
>Location (continent at least)
EU - Portugal
>Preferred switch type
Buckling Spring
Tactile
Linear
>Layout
ISO preferred
Ok with ANSI
>Form factor
75%
>Backlight
Would be nice.
>Previous/current keyboards
Ozone Strike Battle
IBM Model M

What board is this? Looks like a bigger version of the KBD75

They had 10% off on all ducky keyboards.

ZZ96. It was a cheap Chinese custom, until it doubled in price to over 300 bucks. There is the XD96 that’s coming up pretty soon

Not bad, thanks.

kbp v60

how are matias click switches compared to blue alps?

Less tactile and more wobbly

where can i get a keyboard with blue alps switches?

eBay

is topre a meme to fall for? if yes 45 or 55g? which board do u recommend?
if not which board with mx clears?
I just want something quality off the bat with good pbt keycaps etc

how come litterally every mechanical switch has gotten worse since the 20th century? its like if you want a keyboard with really good switches in it you almost always have to buy old shit

For topres the weight listed is the bottoming out weight, not the actuation. So if you bottom out then 55g topres are lighter then cherry reds. If that’s too light you can get heavier domes and swap them out. It’s really easy to do since you don’t have to desolder anything. As for boards realforce is your best option for topres and for mx clears get a ducky or leopold. I’d go with leopold, but they tend to be harder to find

Cause they’re expensive to make and offices aren’t going to spend more the 100 bucks for a keyboard. The only reason cherry is around is because they’re the cheapest

Redpill me on MX clears.

are these things light? do they feel like cheap plastic?

They're pretty good, but too heavy. So that's why there's so many people that manufacture all types of different switches like Zealios, MODs, Hakos, ergo-clears, just to have a Cherry Clear with a medium weight, trying to achieve the most tactile and comfortable switch. The true redpill is buying Cherry Clears with 60 gram springs (62 grams are better, going over that and it gets less tactile), and then spring swapping your Clears while lubing the stems. That's the quick rundown, but most people just buy Cherry Clears and are done with it because they're lazy, or haven't heard an alternative to Zealios.

Just how autistic do you have to be to manually modify over 90 switches?