Sup Forums-approved blogging software

It seems wordpress is the most popular and supported. Is there any reason to not use it?

Literally software with most holes ever found. Search any CVE database.

A text editor and a static http server.

Did not realize it was 1997.

It's not, it's 1993 and you should be working on your phlog instead.

if you ever want to write plugins for it you're going to have a fun time

yeah, lots, its bloated and slow af, and notoriously insecure. its only useful to make money off normies

I've seen some b8 in my life.

But holy shit. This is an epic b9 thread of a blistering, blazingly cataclysmic scale.

Any alternatives for blogging? not op but I'm looking for a wordpress alternative that looks just like wordpress and runs on php, I couldn't find anything for free though.

And yet Jekyll, Hugo and Netlify have only taken off in recent years.

>php
one step forward. two steps back

If you know an alternative, I'll try it even if it isn't php as long as it's not a dead project, just need to know a name.

>check a wp alternative
>find the official site
>description is promising
>it's free
>want to see what it looks like before registering
>search for examples links
>can't find any links to live example nor screenshots
WHY?

I found hugo right now and has a huge ass button on top "Themes" that allows me to browse examples, why can't the others do the same? I'm going with this because it seems already more competent, it's like the others don't want people to use their software.

sorry hijacking, is there a good alternative cheap website builder out there ? I register like 5 of it from pcmag recommended but some of them feels like a trap on payment

Drupal

what is it

Jekyll is well supported.

There is also Hexo (node based) and Hakyll (Haskell based).

If you want to go full apeshit check Gatsby.

For hosting Netlify is awesome and free.

None as good as wordpress, if all you want is a blog go with wordpress.com comes with all you need out of the box, rss cloud and all that good stuff. Security issues come from 3rd party plugins, wp core is pretty secure, wouldn't be the most used platform otherwise. As alternatives you could try Ghost (js and md), Hugo (go) , Jekyll, Netlify . Note: the alternatives don't offer free hosting like wp.com, so you need to find hosting and set everything up yourself, you can get free hosting from the likes of githubpages, firebase, heroku

github pages

1000x this

this, it would load faster and still have all the shit you need from the blog via JS

ahh, fucking gatsby. never again. i (stupidly) chose that for one generation of the brochure site where i was working because it used react for views, and the app itself did too. i figured "hey the noobs will be able to do stuff". absolutely not. it's so fragile and rickety that i ended up hating it by the end.

i really like hugo. i've been bitten by config format changes and small template api differences while upgrading a couple of times, but nothing that took more than about ten minutes to work out.

Grav is alright

Sup Forums