Why Unreal Engine 4 performance sucks so much? Every fucking game:

Why Unreal Engine 4 performance sucks so much? Every fucking game: youtube.com/watch?v=AAVejDH8srA

Other urls found in this thread:

orangesociety.com/2016/sexy-fitting-model-soo-yeon-in-swimsuit-피팅모델-수연/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd perform on her.

Cross-platform meme.

>put a mobile tablet cpu from 2012 in a gaming console
>expect it to hold up 6 years later
Come on op you can try harder.
too skinny
Nah, gears of war 4 and fortnite run great, sadly the pubg build of ue4 is crap

It's not PUBG's build that is crap, unreal is shit, fornite looks like turd and has horrible netcode.

Consoles are able to render this:

I would F her in the A

See, it's weird, because Unreal Engine 3 games were always crazy efficient. UT3, for example, can max out graphics at 1080p/60hz on mobile GPUs from 4 years ago. It's a very graphically advanced game, technically speaking, even if it has questionable aesthetic decisions for an Arena FPS game. I can supersample it to 4k at 60hz on a modern low-end GPU (RX 460) with no issues.

All that said about UE3, I can't even run any UE4 game at minimum 720p above 60FPS at all. It's bizarre, frankly. Even UT4 doesn't perform very well at all, and it's supposed to be the flagship game for the Unreal Engine. Even derivatives of UE3, like Warframe, run extraordinarily well on modern hardware; yet, the same graphical fidelity in an Unreal Engine package struggles.

>literally babbies first engine: early access edition
Your point?

PUBG will always be shit, that said the pc version runs great on the NEW map unlike the xbox x build at 1600p at a mix of low effects and post process high shadows and everything else ultra 100-150fps+ on a 1080 1600x

Yeah i feel that too, my old moto g first generation could run an unreal 3 game that was amazing, now it can't even run unreal 4 tappy chicken...
Shut the fuck up, we are talking about performance and optimization, whats the point of using a 1080? Retard.

UE1/2/3 were all pretty fast engines for the graphics they could put out
UE4 doesn't do too well on my machine either, at least on the couple of games i've tried
the performance barely changes between high and very low quality, with the only things that helps being to lower the resolution

Game designer copy and paste asserts, don't optimize,use blue print programming, add cool shader,effects,reflex, programmer just tweak engine, a lot fancy,cheap,low quality and fast developer videogames to get time to market.

Way to small studios could match AAA studios using more hardware of users.

>would

acting like that's achievable, you should know your place

>UT3, for example, can max out graphics at 1080p/60hz on mobile GPUs from 4 years ago
I would hope so, it came out almost a decade ago

I haven't played PUBG but Gears 4, UT alpha, Snake Pass, and Edith Finch all run fine for the visuals they're pushing on PC.

except UT4 runs amazingly.

who is this semen demon

>PUBG
>Bluehole Studios

Bluehole are one of the most incompetent clueless fucks in the entire industry. Used to play their old shitty MMO called Tera that used fucking FLASH for the UI, and in 2016 they've still never fixed it. That shit literally brings a i7 7700K system to its knees if you're out in the middle of nowhere and bring up the crafting window.

They also haven't been able to fix their shit tier netcode and desync since 2011 when they launched, and basically had to have players fix desync for them with 3rd party mods, which they then banned and caused a riot within their own player base and nearly bankrupted themselves.

there's a UT4?

UE4 is okay, apparently the renderer isn't that great like Cryengine's or Frostbite's but that's beside the point. Unreal has a library for multithreading the shit you want to multithread to make it easier for inexperienced devs. It's pretty clear bluehole has little idea what they're doing and most of their experience is from mishmashing and floundering rather than practicing any sort good multithreaded programming practices and standards.

There is.

>unreleased pre-alpha
>confusingly named just "unreal tournament"
no wonder i've never heard of it

It's not the engine's fault, it's just that Koreans can't program or optimize for shit.

Now on to the actual topic of this thread:
orangesociety.com/2016/sexy-fitting-model-soo-yeon-in-swimsuit-피팅모델-수연/

yes, thank you

There are plenty of UE4 games running great, PUBG is just a bag of dicks.

t. salty vega 1060 salt miner
jelly my gpu is worth more than your entire pc?

>Unreal Engine 4 performance sucks so much
Because it doesn't. The issue is with game designers not knowing how to use game engines, not the engine. It's actually a testament to UE4's capabilities to be able to work for so many sub-par devs.

Note that I don't play or haven't looked at PUBG so I can't tell much about it. TERA used to run fine for me afair. All I can tell you is UE4 has the same performance despite the API being very high level. The UBT does a lot here.